• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round 2-> Denver Broncos select: Demarcus Walker, DE/OLB, Florida State

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Anderson is a beast... Just came on late and doesn't run well.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So @Draft Crazy If you were doing a break down of this kid what would it be?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib's act may eventually wear thin and is of an age you may look to move on soon. we lost our 4th cb is Webster and a Roby looked very promising 2yrs ago but last year got picked on badly for a two game stretch then seemed to lose playing time. The no fly zone isn't as certain as it seems today

That was drafted last year I thought . I was also am no fan of drafting WR this early when Kubiak stated that there is something special in Kalif Raymond

I would of rather had another ILBer or RT ...Still I am happy just think we don't give WR's time we are fine at WR IMO and wasted a pick .

Flower is a stud he was hurt last season when you break a arm like that we should of put him on IR . He is worth keeping and developing

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was drafted last year I thought . I was also am no fan of drafting WR this early when Kubiak stated that there is something special in Kalif Raymond

I would of rather had another ILBer or RT ...Still I am happy just think we don't give WR's time we are fine at WR IMO and wasted a pick .

Flower is a stud he was hurt last season when you break a arm like that we should of put him on IR . He is worth keeping and developing

You are going to love Henderson I can guarantee it. One of the few players in this entire draft I would pound the table for if I was in that warroom that we have to go get this kid. Special weapon that teams will regret not having.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you . CD ..I did not get to see this guy so I was not really judging this draft pick to say ..

The other day they said they were going to do this so we could get back to screening the NLF into the stone age again ..

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After charting 3 games and digging through the stats
+ good hand usage rip move
+ very good swim move
+ very good at 3 tech 1v1 vs guard
+ active hands in pass lane
+ Owns the B gap
+ big plays at big moments
+ tends to get stronger as game moves on
+ team leader

- poor change of direction
- lacking length for 5 tech
- lacking base to anchor against run in interior
- Stiff as a board, 0 bend or flexibility in hips
- 12 of 16 sacks came at 5+ seconds
- slow to fire off ball on about 60-70% of snaps and on these snaps he stands straight up immediately surrendering leverage

Overview: Very similar to Jon Bullard last year, pry best served as a LDE in a 4-3 scheme. Walker looks very good on some snaps but has a tendency to get washed out on plays as well. He was productive at FSU but many of his sacks came due to coverage (anything over 5 seconds is categorized as a coverage sacks. Not really translatable skill). In 3-4 he pry is a sub package pass rusher. Not sure how much more weight he can put on to anchor as a 5 tech. Interior pass rushers are valuable though. If he can work on firing off on the ball, he could turn into a very solid player, but too many snaps where he is one of the last defensive lineman to react to the snap. Love his rip and swim moves and sounds like a good dude on top of it
Projection: top to mid round 3

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would disagree that he is stricly a 4-3 DE.

He is a 3-4 OLB.

Bullard turned out pretty damn good and got a nice contract. I remember you and I both loving him especially me being a Florida homer. ;)

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would disagree that he is stricly a 4-3 DE.

He is a 3-4 OLB.

Bullard turned out pretty damn good and got a nice contract. I remember you and I both loving him especially me being a Florida homer. ;)

you think walker will play 3-4 olb at 280 lbs? man idk... from what I have watched his get off was poor playing 7 tech i dont want him any farther out. His best tape is lined up over a guard where he can engage, rip, and disengage and create interior pressure

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker main role will be dropping down over the guard providing inside pass rush in the dline rotation Something Denver sorely missed last year without Malik

Elway is continuing to fortify the lines which when you step back is never a bad thing

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you will see him play a hybird.

He is a versatile, which gives him even more flexibility and value on this D.

He fits in multiple schemes at multiple positions. He reminds me a bit of Malik Jackson, who played a 3-4 DE who could have also played 3-4 OLB.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker main role will be dropping down over the guard providing inside pass rush in the dline rotation Something Denver sorely missed last year without Malik

Elway is continuing to fortify the lines which when you step back is never a bad thing

Yes!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think walker will play 3-4 olb at 280 lbs? man idk... from what I have watched his get off was poor playing 7 tech i dont want him any farther out. His best tape is lined up over a guard where he can engage, rip, and disengage and create interior pressure

Sorry that was a typo. Meant 3-4 DE. Said 3-4 OLB.

But I see us being able to play him at either. DE is the obvious need.

My fear of Gotsis is becoming reality. Too early, but I hated that pick and was "talked" into being ok with it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of picks that I like that don't turn out, but usually the picks I don't like, don't turn out.

So if I like them don't get too excited and if I don't like them odds are they aren't turning out either. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Walker was a brilliant pick. Outside of Paradis - the Broncos were weak in the middle of he Oline and the Dline -especially on passing downs. Walker is a versatile player. What I really like with is pursuit of QBs - Walker throws his momentum forward as he draws a bead on the QB - and it scares the crap out of QBs - in comes in like a predator. He also has an incredible swim move. At least on passing downs - Walker will be hard to block if you are also doubling teaming Miller or Raye. Hopefully - Gotsis gets there too.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demarcus Ware replaced by the leadership qualities of Demarcus Walker. ;)

Last time we had a Demarcus on the roster we won a super bowl during his era.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demarcus Ware replaced by the leadership qualities of Demarcus Walker. ;)

Last time we had a Demarcus on the roster we won a super bowl during his era.
can i have some of your pot?

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear corn field grown pot - is hallucinogenic - with all the corn vitamins they grow it in.

GMO Pot... What is the world coming to.