• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ross' Role

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have:

AJ Green
Brandon LeFell
Tyler Boyd
Cody Core

We usually always line up with a TE, so we are looking at 3 WR's max. I like Core's potential, reminds me of a Housh type player with a little more speed. Didn't we just sign LeFell for 2 more years?

I say we get Ross in as many offensive snaps as possible, but we also look at trying to make him a punt/kick returner with his speed and hands.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. IF Eifert can only stay healthy? The possibilities!!

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offense has a lot of potential for mis-matches, especially when you consider you could also end up lining up Mixon at WR like Bell does.

I think they end up going light somewhere else and keep 7 WR's, with the kid from Tenn (was it Tenn?) inactive on game days.

Of course, it's kind of nice right now with the WR depth. They have some options in case of injury unlike years past where it was roughly 3WR deep, if that.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he doesn't effect Boyd's role in the slot. Because Boyd is very good playing from it.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the Bengals..... Should we really expect Ross or Mixon to play?

I'd give Mixon more of a shot at making an impact this season than I would Ross..... I bet Gio is slow getting back, Hill will start the season and Mixon will be used as a third down or change of pace back. It will be clear to everyone in the world that Mixon needs more touches (and Hill less)..... But Marvin will continue to run Hill into the line for 2 yards a pop.

Ross will be slow getting back from shoulder surgery, leading the coaches to be conservative with his playing time.

My 2 cents....

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offense has a lot of potential for mis-matches, especially when you consider you could also end up lining up Mixon at WR like Bell does.

I think they end up going light somewhere else and keep 7 WR's, with the kid from Tenn (was it Tenn?) inactive on game days.

Of course, it's kind of nice right now with the WR depth. They have some options in case of injury unlike years past where it was roughly 3WR deep, if that.

I had already forgot about Malone who one of the experts when we drafted him said he believes he will be a better pro than college player, and he was a pretty good college player.

Yeah, lots of options at WR now, and I like our depth.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had already forgot about Malone who one of the experts when we drafted him said he believes he will be a better pro than college player, and he was a pretty good college player.

Yeah, lots of options at WR now, and I like our depth.

Don't get too worked up.... Hobs is already putting it out there that they see Malone as needing a developmental year and that he'll likely be inactive for most games.

LaFell is a Marvin guy..... Marvin will give him significant snaps. AJ will get his. Boyd will get his. We'll bring in Ross to run an obvious reverse or receiver screen. The entire defense will know its coming. It will lose 4 yards and he'll get back off the field. Cody Core will see some time in reserve. Erickson will remain the returner - You'll never see Ross or Mixon back there.

Sticky this post - I speak the truth.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they start Brandon Lafell over these guys they are developing then we've already lost.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they start Brandon Lafell over these guys they are developing then we've already lost.
WCPO_Marvin_Lewis_1484062576662_52917898_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the Bengals..... Should we really expect Ross or Mixon to play?

I'd give Mixon more of a shot at making an impact this season than I would Ross..... I bet Gio is slow getting back, Hill will start the season and Mixon will be used as a third down or change of pace back. It will be clear to everyone in the world that Mixon needs more touches (and Hill less)..... But Marvin will continue to run Hill into the line for 2 yards a pop.

Ross will be slow getting back from shoulder surgery, leading the coaches to be conservative with his playing time.

My 2 cents....

Don't get too worked up.... Hobs is already putting it out there that they see Malone as needing a developmental year and that he'll likely be inactive for most games.

LaFell is a Marvin guy..... Marvin will give him significant snaps. AJ will get his. Boyd will get his. We'll bring in Ross to run an obvious reverse or receiver screen. The entire defense will know its coming. It will lose 4 yards and he'll get back off the field. Cody Core will see some time in reserve. Erickson will remain the returner - You'll never see Ross or Mixon back there.

Sticky this post - I speak the truth.

LOL. This is just the dose of realism I needed to kill my optimism about our draft. I fully expect things to play out this way.

LaFell is and will be the starter. Unless he gets hurt. We won't see Ross until the last month of the season, after the team is out of the playoff hunt. Mixon will run circles around Hill all season, but continue to stand on the sidelines while Hill runs into brick walls.

At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter what players the Bengals acquire. Marvin Lewis and company will still screw it up.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember when Tyler Boyd was getting hyped as the next Carl Pickens (basically) last off season? He was pwning our DBs and was going to be a star.

lol, k.

maybe next season he'll be a star.