• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Rose Bowl Thread

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It Franklin's version of Four corners. He decides to go ultra conservative to run out the clock but forgets that making 1st downs are how you kill the clock. WHY turn the game over to your D that gave up 42 points.

The guy can recruit but not much of a game day coach.

Great season, great game but both teams. Clearly Penn State should have been in the playoffs.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a miracle that it is only 10-0 after our offensive mistakes so far. The defense is doing one hell of a job keeping this manageable so far. I just need to keep reminding myself that we are a second half team...

We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play calling on the last 2 drives was pathetic imo. Way too conservative, we had their D on the ropes all game and let them off the hook late. Still have a bright future, but this hurts a lot.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As great a game as this was, we should've seen Clemson vs. Penn State in one of the semifinals instead.

And yes, we completely blew this in the 4th quarter. Should've been an easy win late.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game Penn State fans.The best in Rose Bowl history imo. Congratulations on an amazing season. I believe you showed you belonged in the play offs tonight :suds:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf ? Blacknail would have been there. Way to go, Franklin.

Not Franklin fault the kid didn't do his part and keep grades up where they need to be...STUDENT athlete

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game Penn State fans.The best in Rose Bowl history imo. Congratulations on an amazing season. I believe you showed you belonged in the play offs tonight :suds:

yeah, was a tough ending for us, but one of the best Rose Bowls of all time and 2 teams who could very well see one another in CFB playoff next year. Both could be preseason top 5, almost certainly both are top 10.

You guys have one hell of a QB. He made some throws there was just no way to defend and beat perfect coverage. Good luck next year, see you for the natty in 375 days:suds:

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the heck was TE Gesicki in the offense? He had 679 yards with 48 receptions during the season. He had one reception in the Rose Bowl! Bad coaching! %$%$#%$#$&#&%

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It Franklin's version of Four corners. He decides to go ultra conservative to run out the clock but forgets that making 1st downs are how you kill the clock. WHY turn the game over to your D that gave up 42 points.

Great season, great game but both teams. Clearly Penn State should have been in the playoffs.

Defense didn't show up for either team. But I'm bothered by lack of throws to TE Gesicki who had one measly catch after 48 in the season. Plus couldn't Franklin punish Blacknail and the other guy after the Rose Bowl?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team rules are meant to be followed. As a 50 year fan of the team I think Franklin did the right thing. To me, this is the Penn State way.

My only beef is he went into a shell in the 4th quarter. He has done that before. Play to win, not to run the clock out.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin wasted a timeout with 5 seconds left on play clock when McSorely was ready to snap the ball. Then later Franklin then went to conservative and USC's defense finally made stops because they new Barkley was getting the ball. @linebackeru seriously bro we didn't lose the game because Bowen and Blacknell weren't there we lost because we played to run out the clock and not get the first down. Gesicki is a beast and he has 1 catch, seriously. I hope McSorely is mentally find after this game. He and the whole team did a amazing job and I am proud of them. This game proved what I have been saying about Franklin. Great recruiter but game manager and caller he needs improvement.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the heck was TE Gesicki in the offense? He had 679 yards with 48 receptions during the season. He had one reception in the Rose Bowl! Bad coaching! %$%$#%$#$&#&%

Maybe USC defense focused on taking him away and we just let BArkley run wild instead? Why force round peg into square hole? We scored 49 on a great defense and people are complaining.....think of where we have come from in a very short time since sanctions and be happy....future is so bright, WE ARE...BACK!!!!

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin wasted a timeout with 5 seconds left on play clock when McSorely was ready to snap the ball. Then later Franklin then went to conservative and USC's defense finally made stops because they new Barkley was getting the ball. @linebackeru seriously bro we didn't lose the game because Bowen and Blacknell weren't there we lost because we played to run out the clock and not get the first down. Gesicki is a beast and he has 1 catch, seriously. I hope McSorely is mentally find after this game. He and the whole team did a amazing job and I am proud of them. This game proved what I have been saying about Franklin. Great recruiter but game manager and caller he needs improvement.

I never said we lost because of them, I just said he did the right thing sitting them. WE lost because USC had one more counter punch than we did. Those were 2 of the best teams in the nation slugging it out. McSorely will be fine, he has a great attitude and is a winner....he's bounced back from far worse games already this year.

Franklin has done an AMAZING job coaching this year, if you can't see that, then I can't help you. We were beat up with a slew of injuries at both LB and OL and we kept rolling with next man up. Franklin and Moorhead went for the throat a few times, but Trace missed some throws. He had Gesecki wide open the play before the pick and threw off his back foot allowing safety to break it up. He also missed Godwion bad when he had a DB beat on a sure TD a series earlier.....They can only put players in position to win, which they did, players need to execute.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team rules are meant to be followed. As a 50 year fan of the team I think Franklin did the right thing. To me, this is the Penn State way.

My only beef is he went into a shell in the 4th quarter. He has done that before. Play to win, not to run the clock out.

we went for throat a few times, Trace misfired. He had 2 wide open targets and just made 2 terrible throws on plays that could've put it out of reach. It is what it is, people should be talking as much about what USC and Darnold DID as opposed to what we didn't, that kid was amazing yesterday

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL! They got extremely lucky to stay close to USC in this one.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we went for throat a few times, Trace misfired. He had 2 wide open targets and just made 2 terrible throws on plays that could've put it out of reach. It is what it is, people should be talking as much about what USC and Darnold DID as opposed to what we didn't, that kid was amazing yesterday

I agree that Darnold played extremely well. I won't change my mind about Franklin going into a shell I have watched him do it before. I don't want to change the world or fire the coach. I just them to play to win. It was a great game by both teams, it was entertaining but we lost 4th quarter 17-0 due to poor decision making.

Looking forward to next year. USC will be doing the same.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah, I mean it usually is just dumb luck when you score 49 on a very good defense....there's a whole lot of stupid in your post, but hey, enjoy

you don't score 49, including 7 TD in 7 consecutive possessions, on luck my friend

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I mean it usually is just dumb luck when you score 49 on a very good defense....there's a whole lot of stupid in your post, but hey, enjoy

you don't score 49, including 7 TD in 7 consecutive possessions, on luck my friend

You must not have watched the third quarter.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean where they scored TD's on 3 consecutive plays including a 70 + yard run where Barkley made pretty much entire USC defense miss? That's not luck, that's skill