• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Rose Bowl or Super Bowl, which collapse was worse?

Rose Bowl or Super Bowl, which collapse was worse

• Oklahoma blowing a 31-14 lead in the Rose Bowl

• Falcons blowing a 28-3 lead in the Super Bpwl

• Tater Salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU didn't let down. They were victims of a vicious second half ass whooping. So color Falcons let collapse.

Last edited:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The superbowl.

You see a dozen collapses like that every week in college football.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An even worse collapse is 'tater salad' in this poll.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons were up 28-3 and up by 19 entering the 4th quarter
. OU was up by 17, but a 14 point deficit at halftime isn't exactly insurmountable especially at the college level. I don't think this is even close.

This is why I think its the Falcons easily

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys know that OP is :fish2: right?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just bustin stones. Chewy’s my BFF. We go campin down by the holler and such.

There was one time me and Chewy were walking the fenceline on his great uncle's farm headed to the little farm lake to do a little fishing when we came on a nanny goat that had its head stuck in the fence.

Chewy, not one to let an opportunity pass him by, said, "I'm gonna get me a piece of that."

With that, he undid his overall galluses, worked up a boner and went to town on the poor goat.

He got done and turned to me and said "do you want a piece of that?"

I said, "Hells yeah, but I can't get my head through the fence."

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Input??

I think the OP should be more concerned about that awesome SEC Georgia defense that Alabama is getting ready to assrape, than worrying about Oklahoma.
You didn't read Red Alert's comment that I quoted.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons.

Choklahoma choking is hardly a surprise...it's what they do!

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Input??

I think the OP should be more concerned about that awesome SEC Georgia defense that Alabama is getting ready to assrape, than worrying about Oklahoma.

You mean that defense that gave up a total of 10 points to that vaunted Oklahoma offense after halftime when the proper adjustments were made? After halftime includes OT BTW. The entire second half minus OT, our defense held Oklahoma's offense to one total TD.

But you've never been much on the whole truth. We're used to offenses like Bama's, Oklahoma's was something new and it took a half to get it figured out.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this a real question............?

SB hands down...........The NFL is made up of "the best of the best in the world",not some college teams where its the best of hs kids..........
And as someone said"Falcons were up by 19 enetering the 4th"....And so what Atl was facing TB,there was one play that I can recall that if Atl runs the ball on 3rd-n-1 and gets that yard,game over.......The Atl defense was a let down,play calling was a let down....There were a few things that led to Atl`s loss...........
That has to be considered one of thee biggest choke jobs ever..........

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the surface, the Super Bowl might seem like the worse collapse, but I think the Rose Bowl collapse was worse.

First of all, the Falcons were the team with no Super Bowl experience and they were playing the most successful team of this millenium, being lead by the GOAT QB and the GOAT coach.

All the while Oklahoma has had playoff experience, while Georgia hasn't, and Oklahoma was being lead by a Heisman winning QB and had a historically good offense. All the while Georgia was being lead by a true freshman QB with an offense built around the run game, and is generally not equipped for making a comeback, but they did in a big way.

Chew...no question the SB.

28-3...in the 3Q...Really bad clock management, playcalling factored in a big way late in this game.

OU lost the lead but eventually climbed back into the game and had a possession to win it in regulation .

At the end of the day I feel like UGA "won" that game more so than OU "losing" it...NE made a run like most people thought they would, but w/o ATL's help, I don't think the run would have been good enough.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you've never been much on the whole truth. We're used to offenses like Bama's, Oklahoma's was something new and it took a half to get it figured out.

Here's the whole truth.
Georgia's Defense is just a little bit better than Oklahoma's Defense.
That should scare you, a lot.

The End.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is this possibly a question that people are actually talking about? I know places like this bring out the, shall we say, gumby brain patient types among us at times, but even with that said I have no idea how anyone could think that blowing a 28-3 lead late in the third quarter (as well as a percentage chance to win well over 99) is worse than blowing a 31-14 lead in the first half.

The falcons' choke was probably the most pathetic and worst choke in recent sports history and some total shootout where one team had a lead early and the other team came back and eventually won in a thriller is not even comparable imo.....