• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roquan an early sit-out

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him holding out is making sick to my stomach.........I can imagine what it's doing to rest of the team,especially the defense.....This does nothing but bring rest of the team down.

I know not all is lost,but damn......We need him signed asap..
I don’t know about the rest of the team. Some might have the belief that he is selfish, but I bet more of them are thinking, “if you held out this long, you might as well get what you want.” It’ll help them in future contract negotiations.

Smith is going to have a rude awakening if he is not good out of the gate. The ridiculously harsh Chicago media/fans will eat him alive if he struggles this year.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m pro player on most issues but this is a ridiculous reason to sit out. If I’m the bears I give him the final offer and say let me know when you want him to sign or go re enter the draft. I find it hilarious that the media is still ripping the bears. They were originally wrong. No doubt but they aren’t now

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck this kid

I don't care... you have to do what you have to do. But... he's going to have to really earn his approval here. I don't mean to sound like a meat head, but fuckin a...

This D has the ability to move on without him. Trevathan/Kwiatkoski is a 3-4 duo many teams would be happy to roll with.

This sucks man... it really does. But fuck him.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck this kid

I don't care... you have to do what you have to do. But... he's going to have to really earn his approval here. I don't mean to sound like a meat head, but fuckin a...

This D has the ability to move on without him. Trevathan/Kwiatkoski is a 3-4 duo many teams would be happy to roll with.

This sucks man... it really does. But fuck him.
my god calm down.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know about the rest of the team. Some might have the belief that he is selfish, but I bet more of them are thinking, “if you held out this long, you might as well get what you want.” It’ll help them in future contract negotiations.

Smith is going to have a rude awakening if he is not good out of the gate. The ridiculously harsh Chicago media/fans will eat him alive if he struggles this year.

Not sure that's what they`d be thinking..I`d tend to think it plays into the players minds of not having blue-chip player sitting when this team could have a stellar defense with him...…..The whole teram probably has their fingers crossed,such as I,of him getting signed real quick like......

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that's what they`d be thinking..I`d tend to think it plays into the players minds of not having blue-chip player sitting when this team could have a stellar defense with him...…..The whole teram probably has their fingers crossed,such as I,of him getting signed real quick like......
I could see either way of thinking. However, I’ll bet the players issue is more with the owners not giving in than Smith. They are all part of the NFLPA. If it were like the benson holdout where it was all about money, I could see your view point, but this is a much bigger point for the livelihood of the players. This could effect their next contract. And in the NFLPA vs the owners ongoing struggle, you’d be foolish to not think the NFLPA was way behind. Every small win counts.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see either way of thinking. However, I’ll bet the players issue is more with the owners not giving in than Smith. They are all part of the NFLPA. If it were like the benson holdout where it was all about money, I could see your view point, but this is a much bigger point for the livelihood of the players. This could effect their next contract. And in the NFLPA vs the owners ongoing struggle, you’d be foolish to not think the NFLPA was way behind. Every small win counts.

And yet I always thought it was about the rings...…...The money will come.Damn it get in there and sign already...…...

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
demanding to give back guaranteed money over nfl rule subjectiveness is dumb and the bears front office is a bunch of idiots.....

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tldr ....so im guessing you support management in this impasse then??
That is done. Bears said ok to helmet bullshit. Now they want the Bears to remove a clause that basically he can't lose any guaranteed money for OFF THE FIELD transgressions. So say fir example, he murders a hooker, he thinks he should still get his money.

This is not the Bears fucking this up, it's Roquan and his agent fucking up. No way the Bears should budge on this...sets a terrible precedent for future contracts, abd frankly it's a ridiculous request by Roquan and his agent. Fuck them both.