• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rookie report

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand and agree with your point about the with Snyder as owner Sty but gke is right about the downturn in defense when Allen and Ironman got hurt. Allen was getting such a push that Smith was looking like an All Pro.

I know and agree with his POV as well, the difference is that I expect something to go wrong even when things seem to be looking up. In fact, were it not for the Gibbs era, most of us would be like this today, while others will be like this if Kirk plays elsewhere this year:

giphy.gif

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know and agree with his POV as well, the difference is that I expect something to go wrong even when things seem to be looking up. In fact, were it not for the Gibbs era, most of us would be like this today, while others will be like this if Kirk plays elsewhere this year:

giphy.gif

Yep - I get it. Kind of like what I always tell folks - in this era lots of Redskins fans (including me) are always waiting for something to go wrong after things appear to be going well. Kind of the opposite of being a Pats fan where I truly believe that many of their fans were not that shocked by say the SB comeback or the recent win over the Steelers.

Hopefully someday soon the culture will change at Redskins Park so that we don't feel this way. We appeared to be heading this way a few years ago - maybe we can return there in the near future.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will always have a KITN (Kick In The Nuts) so my stance on DT Allen stands its to good to be true he will be good for 5-7 games a year and be a Jordan Reed .. Jordan Reed was to good To be true he was on his way to BE the best te in footbal now i think health wise he is done and always be not healthy and good for 4-6 games a year @SoCalWizFan

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will always have a KITN (Kick In The Nuts) so my stance on DT Allen stands its to good to be true he will be good for 5-7 games a year and be a Jordan Reed .. Jordan Reed was to good To be true he was on his way to BE the best te in footbal now i think health wise he is done and always be not healthy and good for 4-6 games a year @SoCalWizFan

Perhaps, but this is the NFL & things change quickly unlike say the NBA. Look at the NFC division winners this season & also consider playoff teams like the Rams, Titans & Jags - all considered laughing stocks within the past few years. Heck the Bills made the playoffs for the first time in this century. Anything is possible.

We have no idea about Allen & just because of the way the Reed situation evolved doesn't mean the same thing applies to Allen or any other player. We will see. Like I said my biggest concern is that the owner and FO get out of their own way & don't make the situation worse.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - one very promising thing for this team is that they have now retained their picks for several years now & appear to be sticking to that philosophy. That is major change from where they were several years ago. If they keep this up this should be in good shape down the road even if they have some busts along the way. If you keep stocking the team with high rd talent it will pay off in the end (as witnessed by teams like the Jags, Rams & Vikings).