• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rookie RB's

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so we are on the same page... This is not a judge on talent, this is about who is going to have the better rookie fantasy season...

Chubb!? In fantasy this year!? I can't see him being valuable in a PPR. non ppr maybe if Hyde goes down... Loaded backfield , Hyde , Chubb , Duke

Guice I agree with can be a top 3 Rookie RB in fantasy, I watched his whole career at LSU my only question mark are his receiving skills?

Colts backfield is loaded.. not buying Wilkins hype instead I love Nyheim Hines for a PPR league.. to me he is either the next Kamara or does nothing this year

Just can't wait for the season to unfold, you won't forget this convo if and when Royce starts turning heads and turns into a Top 20 fantasy RB....

Just to be clear to this is not a judge on overall talent... Talent matters but alot of other variables go into a rookie having a strong fantasy season. Espically for RB. We have even see players have breakout rookie years then going forward the rest of there careers are underwhelming ( ex. Zac Stacy, Mike Anderson)
Chubb is an exponentially more talented RB than Freeman. He has one person ahead of him in line for carries, and he has an injury history. I already explained that. Duke's a passing back and will likely line up in the slot sometimes when Chubb is in the backfield.

You're worrying about Guice's receiving skills when Freeman never topped 26 catches in any college season despite being the unquestioned bellcow back for 4 years??

The Colts backfield is "loaded"?? There are several bodies and none of them are proven at all. Wilkins has as good a chance as anyone to break out there.

Dude, I personally guarantee Freeman will not be a top 20 fantasy RB, or come even close. There is a reason he had over 5,000 rushing yards in his college career and didn't go until the 3rd round. Denver isn't a great spot for a RB. They don't really pass to RBs a ton and those targets are spread out. Freeman is by no means a proven receiving back, and he has plenty of room for improvement in pass pro. There's just nothing about him or his situation that would lead someone to think he's more than a 10th-11th round flier for depth at best right now.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming from the guy who loved Kareem Hunt last year and won many leagues and a good amount of money due to him... This years Kareem Hunt if there is such a thing will be Royce Freeman, I am very very very confident about this
Does Andy Reid coach the Broncos now?

The first part there is good for a giggle.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, I didn't realize that I was in such a minority not being on board with Freeman taking a hold of DEN backfield

yet another blurb about Booker being RB1 on their depth chart, should be interesting battle, unless they just split the work and both remain bye-week fillers at best

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, I didn't realize that I was in such a minority not being on board with Freeman taking a hold of DEN backfield

yet another blurb about Booker being RB1 on their depth chart, should be interesting battle, unless they just split the work and both remain bye-week fillers at best

the biggest problem I see is the one thing booker is VERY good at is catching the ball... he is the more electric back in the receiving game... so even if Freeman somehow wins the battle, Booker will still be the third down back...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The first line of the " take" , after the blurb, depth charts at this point are meaningless.

a simple nod to the vet and a message to the rook that its not gonna be handed to him, all that is

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first line of the " take" , after the blurb, depth charts at this point are meaningless.

a simple nod to the vet and a message to the rook that its not gonna be handed to him, all that is
Yep and no assurance he’s third down back. I heard rumors on cbs sports he could be cut so there’s that too

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and no assurance he’s third down back. I heard rumors on cbs sports he could be cut so there’s that too
been hearing that from the local yocals on the radio too.

In fact they just played a clip from Vance Joseph's presser, he said "Book is #1 because he's put in the time,.... but its a competition, whoever wins it, gets it"

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
been hearing that from the local yocals on the radio too.

In fact they just played a clip from Vance Joseph's presser, he said "Book is #1 because he's put in the time,.... but its a competition, whoever wins it, gets it"
exactly all over the place!

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I should say something just for Treff, so I really don't think that Freeman or Booker are nearly as good as CJ Anderson. I mean rushing for a 1000 yards and averaging 4.1 yards per carry in that terrible offense, the guy deserves a medal. CJ is the far superior talent, so I don't think either Booker or Freeman come close to the numbers that he put up last year. You can't expect boys to do a man's job :)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I should say something just for Treff, so I really don't think that Freeman or Booker are nearly as good as CJ Anderson. I mean rushing for a 1000 yards and averaging 4.1 yards per carry in that terrible offense, the guy deserves a medal. CJ is the far superior talent, so I don't think either Booker or Freeman come close to the numbers that he put up last year. You can't expect boys to do a man's job :)
Funny, I was about to say something along the lines of Booker couldn't beat out CJ (almost, but got hurt before he could as a rook, never came close again), and CJ pretty much SUCKS, so, if Freeman can't beat Booker, than the Donkeys are gonna have a really bad year.

BTW, CJ is a superior talent only applies when talking about Alf, or worse

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I personally guarantee Freeman will not be a top 20 fantasy RB, or come even close. There is a reason he had over 5,000 rushing yards in his college career and didn't go until the 3rd round. Denver isn't a great spot for a RB. They don't really pass to RBs a ton and those targets are spread out. Freeman is by no means a proven receiving back, and he has plenty of room for improvement in pass pro. There's just nothing about him or his situation that would lead someone to think he's more than a 10th-11th round flier for depth at best right now.

remember this please... it will be brought up good or bad down the road

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming from the guy who loved Kareem Hunt last year and won many leagues and a good amount of money due to him... This years Kareem Hunt if there is such a thing will be Royce Freeman, I am very very very confident about this
I had Hunt in both of my leagues last year, as well. Won 1 and finished 3rd in the other.

Kareem Hunt was a fantastic prospect who wound up in an amazing situation with a coach who knew exactly how to get the most of his RBs.

Royce Freeman is a good prospect with some glaring downsides who also isn't in a great situation.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kareem Hunt was a fantastic prospect who wound up in an amazing situation with a coach who knew exactly how to get the most of his RBs.

I dont know about fantastic, he did get drafted in the 3rd round. Kareem was drafted to the "right spot" for him and last year with Ware's injury the Chiefs needed him to step into a major role right away. I think alot of people forget Kareem's week 6-13. It looked like he was only going to have the hot start and totally fall flat onto his face, glad he bounced back for the fantasy playoffs though

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know about fantastic, he did get drafted in the 3rd round. Kareem was drafted to the "right spot" for him and last year with Ware's injury the Chiefs needed him to step into a major role right away. I think alot of people forget Kareem's week 6-13. It looked like he was only going to have the hot start and totally fall flat onto his face, glad he bounced back for the fantasy playoffs though
I certainly did not forget those weeks. That sucked ass. However, I would've taken him over Freeman easily if they were in the same draft class. Hunt had fantastic vision, instincts, and he played with power and balance. That's Freeman's downside - he's a big back, but he doesn't play like it a lot, largely (IMO) because all the touches he's had are starting to creep up. You didn't really see him with too many punishing runs, but he also doesn't have home run speed.

Maybe you're right, maybe there's something there I'm not seeing. having over 1,000 touches before entering the NFL isn't a good thing, though, especially when you're carrying 230 lbs. If he'd slim down to about 215, I would maybe think a bit differently.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly did not forget those weeks. That sucked ass. However, I would've taken him over Freeman easily if they were in the same draft class. Hunt had fantastic vision, instincts, and he played with power and balance. That's Freeman's downside - he's a big back, but he doesn't play like it a lot, largely (IMO) because all the touches he's had are starting to creep up. You didn't really see him with too many punishing runs, but he also doesn't have home run speed.

Maybe you're right, maybe there's something there I'm not seeing. having over 1,000 touches before entering the NFL isn't a good thing, though, especially when you're carrying 230 lbs. If he'd slim down to about 215, I would maybe think a bit differently.
I think what makes Freeman appealing is the situation he's going to.
Anderson and Charles are gone. Someone is gonna benefit from those 300+ touches. If it were Henderson or Booker they would have capitalized on their chances.
:noidea:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what makes Freeman appealing is the situation he's going to.
Anderson and Charles are gone. Someone is gonna benefit from those 300+ touches. If it were Henderson or Booker they would have capitalized on their chances.
:noidea:
Well I think it's safe to say Freeman isn't a 3rd down back. He's not some elite receiver, and his pass pro needs work. That's probably going to Phillip Lindsey or maybe even Booker.

This situation, rather than Kareem Hunt, reminds me a lot of Samaje Perine last year in Washington. He came into a backfield full of hot garbage, and rather than grab it and take off, he just floated along because, as it turns out, Perine was an exceptional college back but has some major weaknesses that don't translate well to the pros.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think it's safe to say Freeman isn't a 3rd down back. He's not some elite receiver, and his pass pro needs work. That's probably going to Phillip Lindsey or maybe even Booker.

This situation, rather than Kareem Hunt, reminds me a lot of Samaje Perine last year in Washington. He came into a backfield full of hot garbage, and rather than grab it and take off, he just floated along because, as it turns out, Perine was an exceptional college back but has some major weaknesses that don't translate well to the pros.
speculation

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is valid reasoning but the fact that Freeman is coming into a similar "hot garbage" scenario should still favor him.
If he turns out to be Perine 2.0 or even like Wayne Gallman, most likely he has a strong chance to prove himself.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is valid reasoning but the fact that Freeman is coming into a similar "hot garbage" scenario should still favor him.
If he turns out to be Perine 2.0 or even like Wayne Gallman, most likely he has a strong chance to prove himself.
yep, oppertunity