• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo Watch

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't argue.

But keeping Smith as #1 guarantees mediocrity....
I don't know about mediocrity but Smith definitely could've won the game against Tennessee and Tampa Bay and didn't. Smith also made some plays against San Diego in game 1 that probably should have lost them the game.

The playoff games against the Steelers and Patriots the past 2 years have been somewhat telling but both games were a bit of a team loss. One could argue that the Chiefs have had some depth issues and would be better off filling those.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with Smith at QB they will never win anything major.

Yeah I agree they probably don't win the Super Bowl with them. But to say they "suck" is just not correct. They have been one of the more consistent teams in having winning seasons and just won the toughest division in football in the AFC West.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really agree here. Charles and Foles would free up 17M right off the bat. Colquitt is another ~3. Hardly losing anything between the 3 I suspect at this point. If you're cutting replacement value players that's pretty different from robbing peter to pay paul. You're just getting rid of dead weight. Trading Smith would bump it up to around 29M in cap space.

Yep, KC could make it work for Romo, particularly if he dropped his '17 cap hit. Better than Smith, how much better at this stage idk. I'm not sure if he gets KC to the AFCCG or better.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see there is talk here of Romo to KC. Is this one of his rumored destinations or is it just board talk? I thought Reid really likes Alex Smith and is his guy.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With his cap hit I doubt anyone will bite...they're going to have to release him and take the dead money hit.

For sure this is looking like a catch and release scenario.....

Sad but true.

And I really do believe JJ doesn't want to do wrong by Romo.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about mediocrity but Smith definitely could've won the game against Tennessee and Tampa Bay and didn't. Smith also made some plays against San Diego in game 1 that probably should have lost them the game.

The playoff games against the Steelers and Patriots the past 2 years have been somewhat telling but both games were a bit of a team loss. One could argue that the Chiefs have had some depth issues and would be better off filling those.

Maybe a full year of Tyreek will help? But I don't see a whole lot to get excited about.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see there is talk here of Romo to KC. Is this one of his rumored destinations or is it just board talk? I thought Reid really likes Alex Smith and is his guy.

I think there is some merit to it. The Chiefs have figured out that they have maxed out the ability of Alex Smith and unfortunately it still falls short of the end goal. They have been rumored to be looking for the QB of the future sooner than later so many have connected the dots that Romo gives the Chiefs maybe a year or two and lets the young guy train under him. Romo is a bit more of a risk but he also offers that higher ceiling in results compared to Alex Smith.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree they probably don't win the Super Bowl with them. But to say they "suck" is just not correct. They have been one of the more consistent teams in having winning seasons and just won the toughest division in football in the AFC West.

Suck was a wee bit over the top I suppose, but they really only won the West only because Carr got hurt.

Reid has consistently bland teams....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure this is looking like a catch and release scenario.....

Sad but true.

And I really do believe JJ doesn't want to do wrong by Romo.

This is one of the few times where a release might be the best option for the player and I think JJ knows that as well as Romo. Tony already had plenty of money so this is about him getting a chance to close out his career on a competitive team...he's going to be well paid where ever he goes.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the few times where a release might be the best option for the player and I think JJ knows that as well as Romo. Tony already had plenty of money so this is about him getting a chance to close out his career on a competitive team...he's going to be well paid where ever he goes.

I agree. I think he is likely smart with his cash and could easily say I'll play for less, but still get paid well.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think he is likely smart with his cash and could easily say I'll play for less, but still get paid well.

Exactly...if they can make it work in DEN that might be ideal. I think Elway would like to get a shot at another SB while he still has a top shelf DEF.

HOU...I think he puts them over the top to win DIV again, but idk if he's the difference to put them into the AFCCG....not sure if he would have enough weapons.

In either case, this will be something to follow this offseason.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my point. But point taken....

KC has a defense which is something Romo never had once in his tenure there.

I believe Romo is an upgrade over Smith. Fragility aside.

Very true but KC needs an offense their franchised RB Charles has missed a whole season and their best Offense threat imo is Kelce, no premier WRs.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd fall down laughing if this happened after reading all the shit hoop redskin fans have said about Romo over the years

Heck - I will probably stop watching the NFL for a year if this happens. No well in hell that the Redskins get rid of Cousins and then sign an older QB for the same amt of money. For starters they would lose a good deal of their fan base at least for a while.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck - I will probably stop watching the NFL for a year if this happens. No well in hell that the Redskins get rid of Cousins and then sign an older QB for the same amt of money. For starters they would lose a good deal of their fan base at least for a while.
I don't think Romo would cost more than 20/25M for two years. I don't think Romo would entertain Washington when there are possibilities in Houston, KC and Denver, but you'd have to admit, it would be priceless with all the noise Washington fans have spewed about Romo over the years.

All the best SoCal

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has Dallas won anything major with Romo?

I always thought the NFL was a TEAM sport.

Did the Dolphins ever win a Super Bowl with Dan Marino?..Hall of Fame
Jim Kelly never won a SB.....Hall of Fame
Fran Tarkenton.........Hall of Fame
Dan Fouts......Hall of Fame
Warren Moon..........Hall of Fame
Boomer Esiason
Matthew Stafford
Cam Newton
Carson Palmer
Matt Ryan
Donovan MCNabb

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Romo would cost more than 20/25M for two years. I don't think Romo would entertain Washington when there are possibilities in Houston, KC and Denver, but you'd have to admit, it would be priceless with all the noise Washington fans have spewed about Romo over the years.

All the best SoCal

Agree. Heck in that situation I would be laughing at the Redskins & the other fans (while possibly taking a break from football :D). As I stated elsewhere - Romo has been a great QB but given his age & injury status I would have to pass unless you are a team like the ones you mention above that could possibly get to the SB in the next year by adding Romo & hoping he stays healthy.