• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo Watch

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL #9 Tony Romo - ESPN

Denver, KC and Houston make the most sense. Is there anywhere else he could land that would give him a shot at a championship.

The Vikes, but he is a high risk signing at his age and all the major injuries. I don't think a contender would be willing to give home a big contract and strap the team with cap woes should he go down with another injury. KC isn't going to pay 2 big QB contracts and Denver is looking to the future with the QB position, not a stop gap grandpa that folds like a dollar store lawn chair in big games.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikes, but he is a high risk signing at his age and all the major injuries. I don't think a contender would be willing to give home a big contract and strap the team with cap woes should he go down with another injury. KC isn't going to pay 2 big QB contracts and Denver is looking to the future with the QB position, not a stop gap grandpa that folds like a dollar store lawn chair in big games.

I feel weird. You and I have been agreeing a lot lately on this board.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings signed 40 year old Brett Favre back in 2009 so I wouldn't rule them out.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo watch?
400003032525-1.jpg

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he goes to Denver.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor on twitter is the Redskins and 49ers are trying to make a trade Cousins for the number 2 pick with the Redkins going after Romo if he is released

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a bad fit IMO. Not sure we would see his best playing outdoors and in cold weather a good portion of the time. But even not at this best he could help that team a lot.

Not to mention didn't the Bills say they were keeping Taylor? Imo they should anyway... But yeah, he isn't going there, his body won't take it. Then again if that's his last option then all beats are off.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor on twitter is the Redskins and 49ers are trying to make a trade Cousins for the number 2 pick with the Redkins going after Romo if he is released
Sounds like something McCloughan would do. Based on the stories from last year- I'd be real surprised if he was "team" Kirk Cousins. Cold- but effective.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo will sign with Seattle for the league minimum so he can sleep with Wilson's wife and sneak into Paul's office and stab him, to get revenge for the playoff botched snap!

He would beat out Russell Wilson for the job.

Reactions: GNG

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd fall down laughing if this happened after reading all the shit hoop redskin fans have said about Romo over the years

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect.

The Chiefs will still suck next year then....
I had no idea making the #2 seed was sucking but I kind of agree with the idea that the Chiefs need a new QB and Romo would want to go to the Chiefs because of Kelce imo.

Traditional GM logic says that the Chiefs should've gone for a QB of the Future last year but it never came to fruition. The Nick Foles signing last year makes me think they are going all in on the short term...which means Romo is possibly in the cards. Maybe, just maybe the 3rd best QB out of the draft could do a Dak impression but my general opinion of the QBs in next year's draft is that they are all projects. Some are really good projects but none of them look NFL playoffs ready. So I'd say the Chiefs getting Romo would be a good thing even if it means no Poe, Charles or Foles (oh darn).

Romo would be a super bold move, though. Odds of Romo lasting a whole season are probably the same odds as Alex Smith getting to a Super Bowl.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea making the #2 seed was sucking but I kind of agree with the idea that the Chiefs need a new QB and Romo would want to go to the Chiefs because of Kelce imo.

Traditional GM logic says that the Chiefs should've gone for a QB of the Future last year but it never came to fruition. The Nick Foles signing last year makes me think they are going all in on the short term...which means Romo is possibly in the cards. Maybe, just maybe the 3rd best QB out of the draft could do a Dak impression but my general opinion of the QBs in next year's draft is that they are all projects. Some are really good projects but none of them look NFL playoffs ready. So I'd say the Chiefs getting Romo would be a good thing even if it means no Poe, Charles or Foles (oh darn).

Romo would be a super bold move, though. Odds of Romo lasting a whole season are probably the same odds as Alex Smith getting to a Super Bowl.

Yeah not sure where people get this idea that the Chiefs "suck." They have had a winning season every single year that Andy Reid has been in town and double digit wins 3 of the past 4 seasons. They truly have been one of the most consistent teams in the NFL.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah not sure where people get this idea that the Chiefs "suck." They have had a winning season every single year that Andy Reid has been in town and double digit wins 3 of the past 4 seasons. They truly have been one of the most consistent teams in the NFL.
Yup since Reid took over, they have the 4th most wins in the NFL. The top 3 are the 3 Super Bowl winners in that span.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't argue.

But keeping Smith as #1 guarantees mediocrity....

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And with Smith at QB they will never win anything major.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he goes to Denver several factors...............Broncos are playing the NFC East this year. He wouldn't make it through the Cowboy game alive. If the Broncos play the Raiders first, he won't make it out of that game alive.

I think the Cowboys are teasing a few teams to see if someone will offer them a 4th or 5th round pick.

With his cap hit I doubt anyone will bite...they're going to have to release him and take the dead money hit.