• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roddy Released!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons Release Longtime WR White 

As you know by now...the Falcons released Roddy White late afternoon yesterday.

Sports talk radio was all over it of course and the general sentiment from the fans texting and calling in was Roddy was let go too early.

IMO...there was friction between Roddy and Shanny early on and during the season. If you watched the games, especially the people at the games say Roddy is still getting open but the play designs are heavily slanted to Julio.

I said on the big board Roddy thread that he's now a WR3 getting paid like a WR1.5...I think he can still play in a WR3 role and I wouldn't be shocked to see him in CAR next year.

Maybe not the most talented Falcon WR...I would give that to Julio, or the most dynamic...Rison was probably more dynamic, but Roddy was the most productive WR in Falcon history....he will be missed.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who replaces him? Do we look to someone like Rishard Matthews to replace Roddy in free agency?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who replaces him? Do we look to someone like Rishard Matthews to replace Roddy in free agency?

Falcon beat writer Leadbetter said the last two weeks he doesn't expect ATL to make a big splash in FA...with $30+ mil in cap space and not many of their own FA to retain...When you look at the roster, and the draft...I have to think they are being tight lipped.

Matthews should be a target.