• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rockies on the road

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockies just wrapped up a 7 game road trip in which they went 2-5. That brings their record on the road to 10-14. To me this is a big concern. If the team can just hold its own on the road and finish with 41 or 42 wins, they would be a playoff contender. But so far with roughly 25% of the season in the books the team still seems to struggle in road games.

Has anyone seen any reason to believe this team is going to turn around its performances on the road?

67RedSox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iknowftbll, unfortunately there is nothing to suggest the Rockies are going to turn their dismal road record around. I frankly thought Weiss would make a difference in that regard but his first year record (29-52) matched Jim Tracy's precisely. This year despite improved numbers across the board...the team is hitting better than last year and it's pitching has improved ...they remain under .500 on the road. They have been a sub .500 team in every season of their existence except one when they finished 1 game above at 41-40. I agree 41 or 42 Wins on the road would put them in playoff contention but their typical road record is 32-49 and although they have a better winning % than that at the moment it isn't near good enough to get them to where they want to go. They are almost a third of the way into the season...a significant turn around is required quickly and I'm not holding my breath.