• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Robinson Cano Suspended

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is, his appeal was suppose to be today but he is going to the hand surgeon today. Was he allowed to cancel the hearing?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is, his appeal was suppose to be today but he is going to the hand surgeon today. Was he allowed to cancel the hearing?

From what it sounds like, he's not appealing.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that he was advised to drop the appeal since he was going to be on the DL

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bright side, this means he won't be rushed back and will be completely healed by the time he returns to the team.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M's are stuck with this idiot for the next 5 years. Unless of course they want to pay him what they owed, which is ~120M Wow.
He's approaching 3000Hits and 400 HRs, so it is a HOF caliber career, except that is all but vanished now. And anyone buying into his denial is an idiot also.. he clearly and knowingly used a masked substance and got caught.

Good riddance.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M's are stuck with this idiot for the next 5 years. Unless of course they want to pay him what they owed, which is ~120M Wow.
He's approaching 3000Hits and 400 HRs, so it is a HOF caliber career, except that is all but vanished now. And anyone buying into his denial is an idiot also.. he clearly and knowingly used a masked substance and got caught.

Good riddance.

Lol it's like you all actually believe he just now suddenly started juicing. He's probably been doing it his entire life and was just unfortunate enough to finally get caught.

Good riddance? He's not going anywhere as you mentioned, and the Mariners could really use him. There's nothing good about this whatsoever.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could use the 11 mil. we saved off Cano and go find a good 1 yr rental player :noidea:
I kid but in all seriousness it will be interesting to see how this plays out. They cant really use the budget as an issue to not add now.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under MLB's drug policy, a player is not automatically suspended for use of a diuretic unless MLB can prove he intended to use it as a masking agent.

A source familiar with the case told ESPN's T.J. Quinn that Cano tested positive before the season and appealed. During the appeal, MLB apparently was able to determine his intent, resulting in Cano dropping his appeal, the source said.

That right there tell's me he knew what he was doing, got caught and now Seattle has to pay the fine. He's lucky he's got the built-in excuse of being hurt because I'd be raging mad knowing he's healthy and just sitting around. Instead, he least has time to fix his injury and be ready when he does come back.

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good riddance.
If he keeps juicing, the contract just got much better and I welcome him for the next 5.

:wash:

Last edited:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they can add two more above average Starters, would rather just become sellers (like a couple of seasons ago) and deal everybody that has value (Cruz,Gordon,Seager,Paxton,Segura,Haniger,Diaz) if the right offer is presented.

Agreed about selling. If you include the Mariners there's 5 teams vying for 4 playoffs spots, the other 4 being the Yankees, Red Sox, Astros and Angels. And if you have to pick one of those 5 that's going to fail to make the playoffs, I think we all know which one it will be. That said I wouldn't trade all those guys, just some of them. The Mariners don't need to become the next Marlins. I'd be willing to trade: Cruz, Cano, Seager, Gamel and Felix if you can find takers, but I would keep the rest.

Last edited:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what it sounds like, he's not appealing.

According to reports it said he had his appeal set for today in NY, but also had to be in Philly for his hand surgeon. So wasn't sure if that's why he dropped the appeal. Even when the player is guilty as hell the MLBPA will go through on an appeal.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that he was advised to drop the appeal since he was going to be on the DL

That's kind of what I figured

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under MLB's drug policy, a player is not automatically suspended for use of a diuretic unless MLB can prove he intended to use it as a masking agent.

A source familiar with the case told ESPN's T.J. Quinn that Cano tested positive before the season and appealed. During the appeal, MLB apparently was able to determine his intent, resulting in Cano dropping his appeal, the source said.

That right there tell's me he knew what he was doing, got caught and now Seattle has to pay the fine. He's lucky he's got the built-in excuse of being hurt because I'd be raging mad knowing he's healthy and just sitting around. Instead, he least has time to fix his injury and be ready when he does come back.

I'm not sure how MLB could prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Cano was using a PED besides this masking agent unless he just comes out and tells them. Not saying he didn't do it because most likely he used something in the off-season because he has range again, but something doesn't add up with this story.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be the only one on this board that feels this way, but if PED's are used to be a winning team, then I don't want to have a winning team....period! I do not know for certain if Cano was using, or had used PED's but if I had to make a bet, I would bet that he has used PED's and the drug he got busted for was to hide his use. Kids look up to baseball stars and when PED's are used to enhance their performance it just ruins it for everyone. A-Rod was a classic example. Sorry if I offend anyone, but I will never support a player who uses PED's. No respect from me is left for Cano.

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be the only one on this board that feels this way, but if PED's are used to be a winning team, then I don't want to have a winning team....period! I do not know for certain if Cano was using, or had used PED's but if I had to make a bet, I would bet that he has used PED's and the drug he got busted for was to hide his use. Kids look up to baseball stars and when PED's are used to enhance their performance it just ruins it for everyone. A-Rod was a classic example. Sorry if I offend anyone, but I will never support a player who uses PED's. No respect from me is left for Cano.
choofed.gif

I'm joking. But seriously most pro athletes of any sport are likely taking some illegal performance enhancer. All the PED experts say this.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
choofed.gif

I'm joking. But seriously most pro athletes of any sport are likely taking some illegal performance enhancer. All the PED experts say this.

Exactly. It's just a matter of who is unlucky enough to get caught.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a fucking idiot.

I cant wait to hear the bullshit excuse he gives.

Bet he is out of any Hall of Fame consideration now.

Wish this would somehow void his contract.

But yeah this is just life as a Mariner fan. You just sit around and wait for something bad to happen, because in the end you are always let down.

He's getting reamed. Who here doesn't have a medication from a foreign doctor treating a legitimate condition which happens to also be a masking agent. I checked my medicine cabinet and there's at least 15 banned substances that I take daily!

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cano knew this was coming down the pike and I wonder if the organization knew about this before he fessed up? They must have known if he was already appealing the issue with the MLB. I doubt we will ever get the true story behind this anyway.

The true story is pretty straight forward. He was juicing, he got caught, and now he's suspended. Hopefully he doesn't suck playing clean or this contract is going to wreck this team for a long time.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The true story is pretty straight forward. He was juicing, he got caught, and now he's suspended. Hopefully he doesn't suck playing clean or this contract is going to wreck this team for a long time.

I just hope he goes back to roiding.

To me he doesn't look any bigger or stronger than he ever has in the past. Odds are he has been doing it his entire career and just now somehow got caught. From my friends who roided, generally how it works is you go on "cycles" where you bulk up and take a bunch of substances, then cut. He must've just got caught at the worst time possible when he was trying to flush all that shit out of his system.

Just look at David Ortiz. He stopped roiding, started sucking then started roiding again and resurrected his career.