• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rivals Very, Very, VERY Early Bowl Projections

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmmm

a game against LSU would be interesting, it would be a low scoring one though.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGA finishing 3rd in the SEC behind Bama & LSU? Not sure how that happens.

tmcd65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
hmmmm

a game against LSU would be interesting, it would be a low scoring one though.

Well, I keep hearing that Jordan Jefferson has improved by leaps and bounds under the tutelage of Steve Kragthorpe, but I suppose we'll have to wait and see when the season opens. I'm hoping it's not true, since we play them in week 4. I think we SHOULD have the ability to beat them at home, but our chances would be greater if we could count on the pedestrian offense that they fielded last year. I definitely predict that they will hold us to our lowest score of the season this year.

tmcd65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
UGA finishing 3rd in the SEC behind Bama & LSU? Not sure how that happens.

It says that the # is the bowl's selection number, not necessarily that they are locked in to the team that ranked at that spot in the conference. So if UGA has good traveling fans, (which I assume it does), and if they have a decent year, (and I'm sure they're bound to do better than last year), then the #3 bowl could select them.

I know that the fans were HIGHLY dissatisfied with Mark Richt last year, but I like him. He and Mack Brown are proof that any coach/team can have a off year.

WVUinVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm sticking with my prediction of a Big East Championship and an Orange Bowl game against Flordia State (where we get obliterated :frown:)

Woops, I just noticed that's what the Rivals prediction is too!

tmcd65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm sticking with my prediction of a Big East Championship and an Orange Bowl game against Flordia State (where we get obliterated :frown:)

Woops, I just noticed that's what the Rivals prediction is too!

Why in the world would you think FSU could necessarily obliterate us? I think we're fairly evenly matched and our QB has more experience and at least equivalent talent to theirs.

two_dews

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why in the world would you think FSU could necessarily obliterate us? I think we're fairly evenly matched and our QB has more experience and at least equivalent talent to theirs.

I would like to have Trickett on our side, but I don't know this new line coach. He may be good.

tmcd65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would like to have Trickett on our side, but I don't know this new line coach. He may be good.

My husband went to WVU with Rick Trickett. (Difference, though, was that Trickett played FB and my hubby was in the marching band. But they lived on the same floor of the Towers.) It would have been nice to keep him, but Bedenbaugh is supposed to be very good. I guess we'll see!

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I keep hearing that Jordan Jefferson has improved by leaps and bounds under the tutelage of Steve Kragthorpe, but I suppose we'll have to wait and see when the season opens. I'm hoping it's not true, since we play them in week 4. I think we SHOULD have the ability to beat them at home, but our chances would be greater if we could count on the pedestrian offense that they fielded last year. I definitely predict that they will hold us to our lowest score of the season this year.

Everyone thought he was going to be really good a few years ago after a great bowl game performance and he sucked the following year, I'm expecting to see the same again.

I think LSU's season hinges on how Mettenberger turns out to be.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict burnt couches. LOL. Welcome to the SportsHoopla Mounties

tmcd65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I predict burnt couches. LOL. Welcome to the SportsHoopla Mounties

I've heard a few people say that they are holding some old ones in reserve for just such an event. :-) Where do you expect VT to end up with a new QB in the mix? Who do you predict will be in the ACC Championship Game? Is it going to be held in Charlotte or someplace more centralized than Florida again this year?

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the site mountaineers. Took some time for the WVU fans to get here, but glad you at SportsHoopla.

If I recall correctly, the ACCCG should be in Charlotte again. I am thinking it will be most likely a FSU vs VT / Miami matchup in Charlotte. As far as our qb play, I think he will do fine and the schedule is setup to where we can break him in pretty well.

tmcd65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Welcome to the site mountaineers. Took some time for the WVU fans to get here, but glad you at SportsHoopla.

If I recall correctly, the ACCCG should be in Charlotte again. I am thinking it will be most likely a FSU vs VT / Miami matchup in Charlotte. As far as our qb play, I think he will do fine and the schedule is setup to where we can break him in pretty well.

You think Miami will bounce back that quickly with a new coaching staff this year? (I'm not saying they won't, because Al Golden worked miracles with Temple.) The ACC school I can't understand is Clemson. They get so much hype and really highly rated recruiting classes, but they rarely, if ever, win the conference. I think Dabo Sweeney's a good guy, but I'm guessing that if he doesn't at least make it to the ACCCG this year, he might be gone - the fickleness of CFB fans being what it is. And if he's gone, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dickster taking his place next year.

WVUinVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I have no insight besides the numbers. Lucy III says FSU is #8 right now and we are #24. That's all. Im not a football expert :pout:

:ss:

montani

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Sweep the leg Johnny
sweep.jpg