• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rivals: Nebraska #5

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expectations for the Big XII are pretty low huh?

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
our O has to be WAY better this year if we want to seriously be considered a top 5 team

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far as i'm concerned it's back to the way it should be. Nebraska Oklahoma and Texas are the premier schools.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
our O has to be WAY better this year if we want to seriously be considered a top 5 team

If our defense is as good or better in 2010, our offense doesn't have to be a lot better. Look how close we came to having only 1 or 2 losses with a bad offense in 09.

One loss last year would've assured us a top 5 ranking. Heck, even with 2 losses, we may have been a top 5 team.

Our offense may only be slightly better in 2010, but don't be surprised if they're a lot better.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our defense is as good or better in 2010, our offense doesn't have to be a lot better. Look how close we came to having only 1 or 2 losses with a bad offense in 09.

One loss last year would've assured us a top 5 ranking. Heck, even with 2 losses, we may have been a top 5 team.

Our offense may only be slightly better in 2010, but don't be surprised if they're a lot better.

Took the words right out of my mouth.....or fingers technically. With 10 returning starters, we won't be going backwards next year. The schedule is extremely favorable. There is a lot of time between now and the season's kickoff for those guys to take their experience and get better.....and getting better even a little bit will mean great things for Nebraska.

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i found a page where some guy went over his depth chart for spring and talked about each player, and this guy seemed to think with the new oline guys coming in and the returning guys, with another year of coaching
and the RBs nebraska has, that they could easily be the best running attack in the big 12

i'll put some of that on the shoulders of the QB, like the texas game, they knew we couldnt throw so they stacked the box, if the qb is a danger then we'll see better RB production
that being said, if the QB does better look for watson to get his 50 pass per game boner again

*edit*
found link to what i was talking about
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/344569-huskers-projected-offensive-spring-game-depth-chart

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahaha 50 pass per game boner. Couldn't have said it better. But now we have an answer if they load the box, the wildcat with tray and Rex.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see us with our preseason hype, HOWEVER, I would like to start at #7, its a nice spot to start polls in...

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i found a page where some guy went over his depth chart for spring and talked about each player, and this guy seemed to think with the new oline guys coming in and the returning guys, with another year of coaching
and the RBs nebraska has, that they could easily be the best running attack in the big 12

i'll put some of that on the shoulders of the QB, like the texas game, they knew we couldnt throw so they stacked the box, if the qb is a danger then we'll see better RB production
that being said, if the QB does better look for watson to get his 50 pass per game boner again

*edit*
found link to what i was talking about
Huskers Projected Offensive Spring Game Depth Chart | Bleacher Report

With our offensive line and other aspects of our offense the way they were, I don't know how anyone can blame just Lee. Do you really think Green would've done better?

I recall us having a 3rd and goal or something like that at one point, and Watson called a pass play, knowing our passing game, not just Lee, wasn't the most reliable. A FG in that situation was almost automatic. A 5 point lead at the end would not have been overcome by a Texas FG.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With our offensive line and other aspects of our offense the way they were, I don't know how anyone can blame just Lee. Do you really think Green would've done better?

I recall us having a 3rd and goal or something like that at one point, and Watson called a pass play, knowing our passing game, not just Lee, wasn't the most reliable. A FG in that situation was almost automatic. A 5 point lead at the end would not have been overcome by a Texas FG.

Agreed. I've questioned Watson's playing calling through out the whole season last year. When it gets to the point that I can pretty easily predict the plays he was calling then something needs to change.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope its about giving us respect and not trying to put an "X" on our back before the season starts.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
X on our back or not, WE WILL BE READY with Pelini at helm

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we had an x on our backs against Arizona, and we saw what happened there.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry to barge into your board but this is the truth...great defenses win more games than great offenses...I'm thinking the same for my Iowa boys too...we've actually got talent this year at the skill positions but we lack an Oline but our defense will be good again this year...Iowa and Nebraska are very similar this coming year when it comes to the offensive and defensive side of the ball

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barger!!!

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Personally I think Lee or LaTravis would have developed more if they had the coach behind them like Our QB had. I have heard he was hurt most of the year and I think Lee aways felt he had to have a big big game every week just to have a chance to get to stay in and play. They should have just red shirted him. The RB's getting hurt like they did didn't help us any either. I hope that the O looks like it did against AZ, weather its Zac Cody or someone else. Zac looked pretty good during the AZ game but during the season he could not handle criticism by Bo cause he would quit moving the ball or scoring after he got in hot water with Bo during a game.

I think the D and Special teams are doing pretty well, Esp. the D but that we are still a couple years away from having any idea what to expect on Offense.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One thing tho even with the team not respecting our QB last season Burkhead started to learn how to make things work even with teams stacking the box. Too bad he and Helu got hurt. If we do not have an effective QB then we are going to have to have 3 pretty good backs and another one or two getting a little game time to start figuring things our so they are more ready if they have to replace someone during the season.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I get minus rep points on this thread? To hell with whoever said don't be such a vagine unless they gave me plus rep points.