• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RIP Dallas Green

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should post more often on the Phillies board, mall. Also, is "Snow Country USA" another name for the Poconos?
Snow Country= South of Buffalo. I have family up in Abington and Willow Grove area.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snow Country= South of Buffalo. I have family up in Abington and Willow Grove area.
Buffalo, cool stuff. I've never been to Buffalo, but I have watched MNF at Buffalo Wild Wing's with a bunch of Bill's fans. I think I've pretty much gotten the full experience.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo, cool stuff. I've never been to Buffalo, but I have watched MNF at Buffalo Wild Wing's with a bunch of Bill's fans. I think I've pretty much gotten the full experience.
Actually, x-nay on the never-been-to-Buffalo-ay. I went to a wedding up there when I was 7 or something.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ever make it to the "Queen City" you have to visit Niagara Falls, Anchor Bar (where Buffalo Wings originated), and Delaware Park during the summer. It's really a beautiful place. Also, not far from Buffalo, heading south into my area you will be in wine country. I have about 6-7 wineries within 20 miles from me.

Now I miss visiting Tony Luke's and Chickie's and Pete's. We don't have a good or decent cheesesteak place around here. Maybe Jim's Steakout?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ever make it to the "Queen City" you have to visit Niagara Falls, Anchor Bar (where Buffalo Wings originated), and Delaware Park during the summer. It's really a beautiful place. Also, not far from Buffalo, heading south into my area you will be in wine country. I have about 6-7 wineries within 20 miles from me.

Now I miss visiting Tony Luke's and Chickie's and Pete's. We don't have a good or decent cheesesteak place around here. Maybe Jim's Steakout?
When my dad moved down to Augusta, his brother was already living there. He had just moved from Chester where he could walk 20 minutes to Pat's or Geno's. His brother, already integrated with the Southern culture, had been fiending for a cheesesteak, so my dad asked around and found a place in town that supposedly sold cheesesteaks. The lady, who was apparently about 55 and smoked, went to their table, and my dad asked if they had cheesesteak's. The lady said "You boys want me to give you a grinder?" My dad and uncle thought it was some southern sexual slang, and quickly walked out. It wasn't until a little while later (this was before the internet) before they discovered that a grinder is the southern way to say "cheesesteak."

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When my dad moved down to Augusta, his brother was already living there. He had just moved from Chester where he could walk 20 minutes to Pat's or Geno's. His brother, already integrated with the Southern culture, had been fiending for a cheesesteak, so my dad asked around and found a place in town that supposedly sold cheesesteaks. The lady, who was apparently about 55 and smoked, went to their table, and my dad asked if they had cheesesteak's. The lady said "You boys want me to give you a grinder?" My dad and uncle thought it was some southern sexual slang, and quickly walked out. It wasn't until a little while later (this was before the internet) before they discovered that a grinder is the southern way to say "cheesesteak."
Just my opinion, bu I think both Pat's and Geno's are overrated. That being said, they are both goldmines because of location and tourism in South Philly. The word of mouth they both get.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion, bu I think both Pat's and Geno's are overrated. That being said, they are both goldmines because of location and tourism in South Philly. The word of mouth they both get.
I like Pat's. I understand why people don't, but I still find them delicious. I don't like how Tony Luke's gives you slabs of meat. They opened one 10 miles from where I live and people were going crazy, but I was like "meh." Kind of like when the Phillies resigned Jeremy Hellickson or traded for Clay Buchholz.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Pat's. I understand why people don't, but I still find them delicious. I don't like how Tony Luke's gives you slabs of meat. They opened one 10 miles from where I live and people were going crazy, but I was like "meh." Kind of like when the Phillies resigned Jeremy Hellickson or traded for Clay Buchholz.
The Phils are having a rough spring training eh?

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well maybe they will shut the place down. If not you could also tell your professors you will be taking the week off to mourn the passing of Chuck Barris

th

I think you get gonged-maybe Chuck Berry? lol

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers have lost in the finals 85, 87, 97, and 2010. That has been painful. Eagles '80? to the Raiders and 2006 to Pats. Yup, it sucks. We will get our shot soon I hope.
'04-'05 season to Pat's, just to clarify. I was in the second grade