• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RIP Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply the best to ever do it as a manage and a commentator. One of a small handful of people that truly changed the game.

"I'm a legend in this sport. If you don't believe me, ask me"

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized he was still alive a few weeks back. I was certain he had died when his health went south 10 years or so back.

He did not look good in his later years, though. Cancer literally ate him alive.

But yes, he was absolutely amazing, both as a manager and as a commentator.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP The Brain.

I hope the rest of the humanoids give their respects as well.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized he was still alive a few weeks back. I was certain he had died when his health went south 10 years or so back.

He did not look good in his later years, though. Cancer literally ate him alive.

But yes, he was absolutely amazing, both as a manager and as a commentator.

he was awesome during the WCW/NWO stuff.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP Brain.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP Brain.

I did enjoy him as an announcer but I he had a tendancy to blow up storylines before they happened. For example: I recently rewatched the NWO intro to WCW. When Hogan appeared, everyone freaked out because they thought he was there save the day as a babyface. Heenan says "Yes, but whose side is he on? Could he be the 3rd man?". This foreshadowing was unnecessary and kinda ruined the climax. I recall him doing similar things on other occasions also. Did he do it just to try to appear smarter?

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP Brain.

I did enjoy him as an announcer but I he had a tendancy to blow up storylines before they happened. For example: I recently rewatched the NWO intro to WCW. When Hogan appeared, everyone freaked out because they thought he was there save the day as a babyface. Heenan says "Yes, but whose side is he on? Could he be the 3rd man?". This foreshadowing was unnecessary and kinda ruined the climax. I recall him doing similar things on other occasions also. Did he do it just to try to appear smarter?

He ruined nothing about Bash at the Beach '96. If you'd been watching him for as long as I had, at that point. That was Brain hating on Hogan. Like he'd done for a decade plus at that point.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP Brain.

Yes and the other announcers rebuked him for even thinking something so absurd.

I just liked the way he'd get all worked up about the NWO and saying WCW should send like 40 guys to the ring to beat them down.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP Brain.

Fun fact: He had no knowledge of what was happening. WCW kept the announcers in the dark to get "real" reactions. So Heenan was literally just doing the same "Hogan is really a bad guy" heel schtick he had been doing for a decade. As it turned out, Heenan was right all along!

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gorilla: Bobby, I'm not alone. Hot Rod, Big Bossman, and one of the Rosatti sisters are here waiting for you, too.
Brain: They all made it here? This place must be easier to get into than Jack Tunney's pocket!
Gorilla: WILL YOU BE SERIOUS?!?!

One of the many conversations been had right now in Heaven.