• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ring of Honor Wrestling

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final Battle tonight (Dec 2nd) should be great. Cole/O'Reilly for the ROH Title, Bucks vs Briscos for the Tag titles, Fish/Ospreay/Dragon Lee/Scurll for the TV title, Lethal/Cody Rhodes, Castle/Cabana...that's a fucking stacked show.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great show. And how about that surprising appearance?

The Hardys coming to ROH to take on...er...Delete... the Young Bucks

Didn't see that coming at all.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great show. And how about that surprising appearance?

The Hardys coming to ROH to take on...er...Delete... the Young Bucks

Didn't see that coming at all.
Are they done for good with TNA?

I am looking forward to seeing Bucks vs Broken Hardys!!!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they done for good with TNA?

I am looking forward to seeing Bucks vs Broken Hardys!!!

From what I've gathered, its a one off deal (the feud, not this specific appearance). Supposedly, both teams will appear in both companies.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Cody Rhodes is about to join the Bullet Club.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That article says Steve Corino announced his departure too from ROH. It is expected that Corino will show up in NXT either as a trainer or announcer, maybe both. Wonder if McGuinness is going to NXT too?

Corino is suppose to be a trainer. McGunness would make for a fine NXT GM if they call Regal up to replace the active D-Bry

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corino is suppose to be a trainer. McGunness would make for a fine NXT GM if they call Regal up to replace the active D-Bry
WWE better deliver on the Miz v. D-Bry storyline with a match between the two or they owe the fans a huge apology. Yeah, I know WWE would never, EVER apologize for stringing along and lying to fans.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some big news with the latest signings and departures:

Jay Lethal, Bobby Fish, Chris Daniels have all resigned with ROH.

Kyle O'Reilly's contract has run out and he has yet to sign a new one. It's rumored he's WWE bound.

Ray Rowe is rumored WWE bound, possibly with Hanson to continue as War Machine

Adam Cole's contract is up in May, he expected to head to WWE

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some big news with the latest signings and departures:

Jay Lethal, Bobby Fish, Chris Daniels have all resigned with ROH.

Kyle O'Reilly's contract has run out and he has yet to sign a new one. It's rumored he's WWE bound.

Ray Rowe is rumored WWE bound, possibly with Hanson to continue as War Machine

Adam Cole's contract is up in May, he expected to head to WWE

ROH offered Kyle O'Reilly a new contract before WK. He declined to sign it, so they took the belt off of him. Agreed that O'Reilly is off to the WWE. Also, agree that Cole is WWE bound, once his contract expires.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would kinda suck if it happened. There needs to be other places for guys to work and to be out of the WWE sphere of influence.

It would majorly suck.

Good business deal by the WWE (if it goes through), but that doesn't mean we have to like it.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This would kinda suck if it happened. There needs to be other places for guys to work and to be out of the WWE sphere of influence.
Until another Ted Turner billionaire with money to spare buys a wrestling promotion I don't think there's any viable alternative to the WWE. It's more content for the network and very possibly better working conditions for the wrestlers. I would be interested to hear the wrestlers reaction to it.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
PWInsider is reporting that the talks between WWE and ROH are about the possibility of airing ROH TV on the WWE network similar to deals in place that will eventually see PROGRESS Wrestling and Insane Championship Wrestling broadcast as "independent wrestling" content on the WWE Network.

Here's a link to the article: WWE AND RING OF HONOR: WHAT HAS BEEN DISCUSSED BETWEEN THE TWO COMPANIES | PWInsider.com
This would be the ideal setup IMO. More exposure for the wrestlers, more content for the network, and ROH keep their own creative vision.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until another Ted Turner billionaire with money to spare buys a wrestling promotion I don't think there's any viable alternative to the WWE. It's more content for the network and very possibly better working conditions for the wrestlers. I would be interested to hear the wrestlers reaction to it.

Well Sinclair does have tons and tons of cash. It's just how much they are willing to invest. WWE is too big and been around too long though for any company to do what WCW did imo. I think the ceiling is probably what TNA had going on from 05 to 07ish before they constantly shot themselves in the foot with bad management.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well Sinclair does have tons and tons of cash. It's just how much they are willing to invest. WWE is too big and been around too long though for any company to do what WCW did imo. I think the ceiling is probably what TNA had going on from 05 to 07ish before they constantly shot themselves in the foot with bad management.
Sinclair is a company that is looking for television content and to make a modest profit. That's not the WCW/Turner model.
This guy has shown no interest in owning a wrestling company so this is a complete hypothetical, but New Japan is shown on AXS TV, a station owned in part by Mark Cuban. That's basically how Ted Turner got involved.. showing wrestling on his network and eventually buying a company. If a Mark Cuban type figure took over a wrestling company and was willing to lose money at first in order to gamble on making a ton of money in the long run there could be a real competition imo.
WWE is making as much money as ever but it's 2 weeks until WM, there's no MNF game and Raw did its worst rating in over 20 years. I think they're more vulnerable to a WCW like threat than you do.
I wouldn't want to see WWE run out of business but wrestling needs a huge second company badly. The wrestlers need it and the fans need it.