• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ricky Rahne officially promoted to OC/QB coach

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he has been attached at hip to Moorhead the last 2 years and Franklin has always said he's destined to be an OC. They also brought in Bowen from Maryland and hired Phil Galiano from support staff to full time coach.

1 more spot left to fill.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Gattis - Pass Game Coordinator, WR Coach, & Offensive recruit coordinator
Matt Limegrover - Run game coordinator, Offensive line coach
Tyler Bowen - TE coach
Ricky Rahne - Offensive coordinator & QB coach
Phil Galiano - Special Teams Coordinator & Asst Defensive line coach

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think EJ Barthel may get the call for RB coach when the 10th spot becomes available in January. It will just be a guy who can hammer it on the recruiting trail.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Color me super nervous. The last Franklin crony to be offensive coordinator (Donovan) didn't work out so well. I truely hope Rahne does well but well I'm going to temper my expectations.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Color me super nervous. The last Franklin crony to be offensive coordinator (Donovan) didn't work out so well. I truely hope Rahne does well but well I'm going to temper my expectations.

Donovan was calling plays with both hands tied behind his back, no OL, a QB who couldn't move and you couldn't bench. Rahne is very highly thought of in the profession and has been in moorhead back pocket for 2 years in practice. While I don't think Donovan was great by any stretch of imagination, I don't think he's nearly as bad as he gets hammered for here. Rahne also has Bowen to bounce things off of, Bowen was the OC for Fordham the year after JoMo left and put up monster numbers. He left and their O went down toilet

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROP is not a hard offense to teach or coach. The reason so many people are using it is because of its simplicity. Well it was hard to run when Donovan and Hack were here because they were trying to put a square peg in a round hole with a substandard line.

What I really like is some RO with some pro style mixed in but I think the Big 10 is forever changed with Meyer and Franklin now. The other thing is the coaches are limited to how much the kids can practice so it is easier to run the ROP offense.