• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rick Renteria

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts/reactions to this hire?

The fact that they were leaving the door open for RV to return, is utterly f'ing baffling to me.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts/reactions to this hire?

The fact that they were leaving the door open for RV to return, is utterly f'ing baffling to me.

well, it's utterly baffling ownership. very little (or twisted) logic to what they do. as far as i can tell tho, nothing is decided. they like lying to and playing games with the fans ... as if there's some top secret information they might accidentally let loose.
i have no idea if renteria is any good or not, but at least it's a change of scenery (if it happens). i still hold very little hope of anything for this team until it is sold. as far as i'm concerned this team may as well have moved to tierra del fuego for all i care.
i will probably still keep an eye on them, still read and keep up, but i will not out of habit root for this loser organization anymore. how do you root for an organization you've come to despise?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have no idea how good he will be but he has been around the game in a coaches role for quite some time and epstein hired him to lead the young cubs. he'd likely still be the manager of the cubs if madden didnt find a loophole in his contract. at least he has managerial experience. has to be a decades since that has happned

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lame hire. Team negated the traditional managerial search and formal interview process. That being said, guy deserves a chance. My guess is the Sox are doing to him what the Cubs did in the sense they know he won't be here when all of the prospects start performing and the 'prospect' moniker is dropped.