• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richt on the Bulldog Club tour...

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richt has made some interesting comments about UGA's run game particularly Ealey. Richt has never been one to "throw someone under the bus", so the fact that he's calling out Ealey & the rest of the RBs, means they are really not getting it done.

Here are some of the Quotes from Richt:

“Washaun has a ways to go still to show me that he deserves to start or even play right now,” Richt said during his speaking tour in Augusta.

Richt was asked Thursday night in Macon to expand on that.

“The bottom line is we don’t have a tailback right now that deserves to start, in my opinion,” Richt told my colleague Mike Lough at The Telegraph. “We don’t have a guy that has proven he can do all the things that we’re going to ask that guy to do.Washaun is one of them. There’s nobody that will stand up and say, ‘This is my job, I’m taking it and I’m keeping it.'”

Richt said it was “consistency period. Hold onto the football. Block. Don’t stumble through a hole that’s gaping. Make a good decision and hit it, you know.”

“All those guys have had ample time in my opinion to take a hold of it,” Richt said, pointing also to upperclassman Caleb King. “No one has. That’s been the most disappointing (thing for) me probably the last couple seasons is that, that position didn’t get solidified by somebody there who was capable.”

Isaiah Crowell!!!!!!! Where are you?!?!?!?!?!?

Last edited by a moderator:

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richt got a little heated after a fan complained during the Q&A about UGA not running enough, passing too much, Bobo, RB coach McClendon & play calling.

Richt responded...

“I’ll tell you this, and you’re certainly close to an expert in football, I’m sure you are,”...

“I’ve seen teams throw the ball and win the national championship; I’ve seen teams run the ball and win the national championship,” Richt said. “Believe me, you can win the SEC doing it more than one way. Steve Spurrier, when he was at Florida, he chunked the ball, and he won how many SECs?”

“I see your frustration, I understand your frustration,” Richt said, politely but sternly. “I wasn’t born yesterday, I’ve coached football for 25 years, so I know what the hell I’m doing, OK?”

“I appreciate your passion, I appreciate your support for this football team,” he said. “Everybody can just calm down and know that we’re in good hands.”

“And Bryan McClendon is a hell of a coach, he’s a hell of a recruiter,” Richt said. “And I’m glad we got Bryan McClendon.”

“Excuse me for saying ‘h-e-double heck,’ ” Richt said. “I know there’s a media member here. Can you just say that I know what the heck I’m doing? Just so my Sunday school class doesn’t give me grief?”

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL wow...I like it. I still of course hope our running game is up to par come game time but I got no problem with Murray passing and using his legs to run around defenders

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Isaiah Crowell will get a lot of touches this year?

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crowell has the chance, with his talent and lack of production from current HBs, to be the starter. I guarantee he sees some touches every game, if he's not carrying most of the load.

Despite King & Ealey's lackluster performance, they are still talented backs and with youngsters Ken Malcome and Carlton Thomas, no one back will carry the entire load.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richt on his "heated" exchange in Macon...

“I know it was publicized one time I got on a guy a little bit about what he was asking. But even at the end we hugged, and it was fine,” Richt said. “He just wanted to give me his opinion. I wanted to let him know I was there. It really wasn’t that big of a deal. That’s really the only time it’s gotten a little testy. I appreciate the guy’s passion for his team and the program. I just wanted to let him know I’ve been doing it a long time and I still know what I’m doing, and stuff like that. Sometimes you’ve gotta help them out.”

“Well, I mean I didn’t prepare mentally and spiritually well enough for that moment. I mean it wasn’t that bad,” Richt said, then began to laugh more. “I mean he asked two or three more questions before the night was over. And literally we talked and I hugged him. He was happy, I was happy.”

It really wasn’t that big of a deal, I didn’t think. I didn’t like the choice of words – I wasn’t upset that I said what I said, I just wished I didn’t use that word. To some people it’s not a big deal. But I could’ve chosen a better word.”