• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richardson a Redskin.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you seemed ready to bash allen in your last post. We got the deep threat that we desperately needed. you should be happy.

And you were at the ready to defend his honor weren't you. Aren't you precious.

And you don't know if we got a deep threat or not. He could just as easily end up being Brandon Lloyd or Andre Roberts or Anthony Allen. You comparing him to Djax, even old ass Djax, is straight up wishful thinking. Especially if you compare Djax's production his first 4 years in the league to Richardson's production his first 4 years in the league.

As I said, Jackson was a proven commodity. Richardson is fast and has one season with half-ass decent production. He's still in the has potential stage.

I heard on ESPN that he was a valuable ST player. You can't tell by looking at his ST stats.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said this in another post , if you are going to gamble then gamble on youth

now i do find it funny we got a deep threat but we teamed him up with CDC and colt mccoy . i am thinking bubble screen

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said this in another post , if you are going to gamble then gamble on youth

now i do find it funny we got a deep threat but we teamed him up with CDC and colt mccoy . i am thinking bubble screen

These websites suggest otherwise, Stattler. Or do you prefer Waldorf? Which old, cranky Muppet do you prefer, Skinsdad?

1. Pro Football Focus:
Most accurate deep ball passers in 2017 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

2. 24/7 Sports:
Alex Smith was NFL's best deep ball quarterback in 2017

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watch the highlight film Cali posted a lot of those completions are extended plays and not west coast offense timing throws. The could suggest that Richardson does better when the play breaks down but that can't proven from that number of plays. Smith I think can extend plays with his mobility. Now some of those passes were in tight windows and I am not sure Smith would make those throws.

chill you are correct about Smith's 2017 stats but if you take his overall career he is more the player that dad suggests.

All that said I am interested to see what Gruden can get out of him. I still think Cousins is the better QB but that ship has sailed now

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watch the highlight film Cali posted a lot of those completions are extended plays and not west coast offense timing throws. The could suggest that Richardson does better when the play breaks down but that can't proven from that number of plays. Smith I think can extend plays with his mobility. Now some of those passes were in tight windows and I am not sure Smith would make those throws.

chill you are correct about Smith's 2017 stats but if you take his overall career he is more the player that dad suggests.

All that said I am interested to see what Gruden can get out of him. I still think Cousins is the better QB but that ship has sailed now

hqdefault.jpg

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These websites suggest otherwise, Stattler. Or do you prefer Waldorf? Which old, cranky Muppet do you prefer, Skinsdad?

1. Pro Football Focus:
Most accurate deep ball passers in 2017 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

2. 24/7 Sports:
Alex Smith was NFL's best deep ball quarterback in 2017

Don’t misinterpret being good with accuracy for a season with being a downfield thrower, which he wasn’t. The article even says he ranked 11 in attempts which was insanely high for him.

Also, go back and look at the separation he has before throwing deep. Now try to see if our guys were ever that open.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that said I am interested to see what Gruden can get out of him.

This is the key to everything. Even if he is the so-called "CDC" I remember Kirk doing the same thing with Thompson and he would scoot for major yards. I'm with you on this, let's see what Gruden comes up with...with Alex Smith driving the car. Good point!:thumb:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the key to everything. Even if he is the so-called "CDC" I remember Kirk doing the same thing with Thompson and he would scoot for major yards. I'm with you on this, let's see what Gruden comes up with...with Alex Smith driving the car. Good point!:thumb:

Checking down some and (part of the game) and checking down oftern (Brunnell) like are two different things. Last year Cousins threw the ball a lot to CT because there was no Reed, they had No Hands Pryor and three guys they picked up at McDonalds.

The funny thing is Gruden reportedly wanted Cousins to take more chances. They brought in a guy that will take less chances. Go figure.

Still you have to let this play out to see how it works. My money is on Cousins in a walk.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speedy Paul Richardson goes from the QB who ranked 4th in Average Depth of Target (Russ) last season to the one ranked 33rd (Alex Smith).

There how about that a fact rather then crap

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's nowhere near the proven commodity Djax was.

Is there any move Allen has made where you didn't immediately and automatically start snorting his dingleberries?

Save for a handful of games that "proven commodity" basically didn't do squat last season. I hope this move goes well - we will see.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Checking down some and (part of the game) and checking down oftern (Brunnell) like are two different things. Last year Cousins threw the ball a lot to CT because there was no Reed, they had No Hands Pryor and three guys they picked up at McDonalds.

The funny thing is Gruden reportedly wanted Cousins to take more chances. They brought in a guy that will take less chances. Go figure.

Still you have to let this play out to see how it works. My money is on Cousins in a walk.

Good - enjoy. Personally - beyond when they play the Skins or if somehow the Vikings outcome affects the Redskins I don't give a fuck about Kirk Cousins. He is no longer on the Redskins & perhaps Smith will suck, but I will still root for him (& yeah perhaps hate Snyder in the process). HTTR.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Save for a handful of games that "proven commodity" basically didn't do squat last season. I hope this move goes well - we will see.

I agree for the most part and still his 50 catches, 668 yards rec and 36 rec for 1st dn would've been good enough for 2nd most on the Skins last year. That isn't the point I was trying to make nor was I was trying to make this a DJax vs Richardson pissing match.

I didn't made any claim that Richardson was a bad signing nor did I bash Allen for the signing. But to say our deep threat receiving issues from last year are magically gone and I need to be giddy about the Richardson signing is some bullshit. In large part due to not being able to really gauge what Richardson brings to the table beyond speed, potential, and a highlight reel of 6 or 7 acrobatic catches.

If he gives us 75-80 catches 1100-1200 yards and 9-12 TDs. I'll be giddy as fuck. If he gives us 45-50 catches 700-800 yards 6, 7 TDs which would be similar numbers to what he had last year. I'll be good with that. If he comes in with 30 catches for 400 yards and 3, 4 TDs I can't say I'll be displaying a whole lotta giddiness.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good - enjoy. Personally - beyond when they play the Skins or if somehow the Vikings outcome affects the Redskins I don't give a fuck about Kirk Cousins. He is no longer on the Redskins & perhaps Smith will suck, but I will still root for him (& yeah perhaps hate Snyder in the process). HTTR.

You watch your way and I will watch mine. I have already said numerous times I plan to root for Smith and the Redskins. I like Smith. However that does not change the fact that for three years I was worried that the FO would blow this. They did. If Cousin's proves to be who I think he is I am going to state my case again and again. If I am wrong I am man enough to say I am wrong.