• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Revis and Browner.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, it's time to say this.
The Patriots Pass defense was rated 17th overall for 2014
The opponents completion % rating was 25th!!!!!
There were an awful lot of passes being caught by our opponents.
Still think throwing more money at Revis would have been a good idea?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been in the "don't resign him at any cost" corner. I don't believe that Revis was that mush of a game changer anymore. He lives a lot on reputation from the the time he was originally with the Jets. The knee injury has taken away some of his burst and more so, his closing speed. He can no longer run with elite spped receivers and he cannot cut with the quick guys underneath. As I've previously posted, Manning actually picked on Revis when he covered Emanual Sanders.

The middle to lower tier QBs will stay away from throwing to the WRs Revis covers. The Mannings, Rodgers, Bradys and Brees types will take their selected shots.

I believe that the Patriots will adopt a totally different coverage scheme this year. I think the safties will have more of an over the top responsibility while the corners will not be so engaging at the line of scrimmage. Certainly won't have 11 interference penalties form the #2 CB like Browner. He had 6 in the end zone and all of them resulted in a TD for the opposing team.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never wanted to go to $16M. Not even $14M. $10-12M tops. there were some throwing around
$80M with $50M guaranteed. That is ridiculous.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the Jets will go from last place to:
Instantly and irreversibly broke!!!!!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revisit Revis Island. The Revis lead Jets ranked 28th in the league in pass defense. The Jets signed Ty Law after NE cut him He was a $12.5 million cap hit. He signed with the Jets in his 10th season for a then large sum of money. With Law and Revis, they were ranked 29th.

With Revis, we were ranked 25th in pass defense.....

Revis will play his 9th season with Jets Cut by NE he was signed for $70 million contract, $39 guaranteed. We got a 3rd round pick as comp but might also get a tampering pick from the Jets. The Jets added Antonio Cromartie to play alongside Revis, With Skrine in the slot. They also signed Gilchrist at safety.

Based on history, I would expect the Jets secondary to rank somewhere like 20th to 28th in passing defense.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Revis today:
He’s a better player after spending a year under Belichick’s tutelage.
“I think I’m better than I was before,” Revis told the New York Daily News. “I’m smarter and way more intelligent at the game. I had a great learning experience last year with Bill. He helped me in a lot of ways in seeing the game in a different way.”

Now he can go fuck himself.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could never be mad at Revis. He was very instrumental in us winning that 4th ring.

25th in pass defense? Meaningless stat. You have to watch the games and seeing him shut down half the field against some pretty good receivers speaks to his value.

I just hope we don't revert back to the years prior which was painful to watch this team try to defend the pass.