• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Revenge: Defending National champs @ Virginia Tech

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The spin was just too dirty!

I want to see Zeke get more touches but I understand the bear defense they were playing directly countered him

I understand the Bear counters Zeke but it didn't seem to be working haha. Zeke was still getting pretty good yardage on his carries (take away the 80 yarder and he is still averaging over 4 yards a touch) Dunno, we won so it's whatever but that would be a question I have.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fuller and Thomas should switch 1st round paychecks after seeing this a few times.. Damn is Thomas special. To do this against the very top corners in the game.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fuller and Thomas should switch 1st round paychecks after seeing this a few times.. Damn is Thomas special. To do this against the very top corners in the game. [\QUOTE]

While I agree Michael Thomas is special I wouldn't be so quick to discredit Fuller either. First off, Bud Fosters scheme left those corners all by their lonesome all night. Most will have over the top safety help all a teams #1 WR. Second, and this is more of a theory, V Tech was already down big at that point. A player like Fuller might just decide they need a big play and he gambled more than he normally would trying to make that play. If he happens to guess right on this play, it is probably going for 6

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall I thought the offense would struggle more and they did in that 2nd quarter but overall for not having some key guys I never would have imagined getting 42. Nice.
The defense still needs some work and some holes, but Va Tech ran some good plays and some blown coverages by tOSU. Bosa should really help getting pressure on the QB immensely, he makes this whole defense go and get to a different level.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we give up any sacks to that D line? I don't remember any.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we give up any sacks to that D line? I don't remember any.
No they should have had at least a couple but either 12 gauge was too big to tackle or he evaded the wouldbe sacker

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they should have had at least a couple but either 12 gauge was too big to tackle or he evaded the wouldbe sacker

Barrett has gotten stronger in the offseason but that is the dynamic factor about Cardale. It is hard for any player to tackle him, he doesnt have the speed Barrett does but can still run and made some crazy good plays. Just was unfortunate to have some passes tipped, one for an interception. He just puts the offense in great shape on 3rd down, doesnt lose a lot of yards and gives us the best chance on 3rd down and long.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we expected Urban isnt naming Cardale the starter and Barrett the backup. But I like what Urban did in that first game. He started Cardale bc like Alabama they have a big strong D-line and they would be blitzing a lot. Cardale can take the hits, but vs other teams that arent as physical I think in the back of his mind he knows J.T. should be starting. Either way I think they both win the games convincingly, but each QB is equipped for different defenses. I also understand his gameplan of not running Elliott that much, they were stacking the box and playing man coverage, we saw they throw on what like the whole first drive. They had a gameplan and stuck with it and it paid off in the end.

A little article on the QB situation:

Meyer on OSU QB situation: 'It's delicate, man'

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we expected Urban isnt naming Cardale the starter and Barrett the backup. But I like what Urban did in that first game. He started Cardale bc like Alabama they have a big strong D-line and they would be blitzing a lot. Cardale can take the hits, but vs other teams that arent as physical I think in the back of his mind he knows J.T. should be starting. Either way I think they both win the games convincingly, but each QB is equipped for different defenses. I also understand his gameplan of not running Elliott that much, they were stacking the box and playing man coverage, we saw they throw on what like the whole first drive. They had a gameplan and stuck with it and it paid off in the end.

A little article on the QB situation:

Meyer on OSU QB situation: 'It's delicate, man'
Yeah the important thing is once the Qb is picked ride him out. Need to let them get rhythm n shit and not kill their confidence by pulling them after one bad drive.

At half he could have switched to JT but he stuck with 12 gauge and it payed off

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said in the offseason and I still think that if they are rotated it should be by game according to the team they are playing. Simple example-Zone defensive team favors JT. Man coverage favors Cardale. Neither are exactly weak in the opposite area though tOSU is golden.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel this game will be a lot like what happened between the US and Japan in WWII. Japan surprises the US on their home turf with a bad decisive blow...US goes over to Japan and blows up their world.

3024096.gif