• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reuben Foster = Aldon Smith II?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there you go, kick him off the team and out of the league, that'll teach em. It's not like the quality of the product the NFL puts on the field really matters anyway as college football - who doesn't do this stupid shit over a little weed - already has a superior product.

Players get suspended in the college game if they get caught like Foster did. Well at least players that go to Notre Dame do obviously they don't at Alabama Foster is proof of that. You also get chances and Foster will but eventually that well will run dry and he will get kicked out and the NFL will keep on going like they always have.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players get suspended in the college game if they get caught like Foster did. Well at least players that go to Notre Dame do obviously they don't at Alabama Foster is proof of that. You also get chances and Foster will but eventually that well will run dry and he will get kicked out and the NFL will keep on going like they always have.

There is nothing in college football that forces suspensions, nor does the NCAA force teams to suspend players for marijuana like the NFL does. If Notre Dame feels it's in their best interest to suspend players for it, then it's their right as a school/program/team - even if it was 100% legal. Personally, I think it's rather dumb and it doesn't accomplish anything and I'm glad that Saban/Alabama doesn't suspend players over it.

I wish the 49'rs would kick him off the team. I really do. I love seeing teams punished by their own ignorance. All that money, time and effort wasted because someone smoked a bud. DO IT!

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing in college football that forces suspensions, nor does the NCAA force teams to suspend players for marijuana like the NFL does. If Notre Dame feels it's in their best interest to suspend players for it, then it's their right as a school/program/team - even if it was 100% legal. Personally, I think it's rather dumb and it doesn't accomplish anything and I'm glad that Saban/Alabama doesn't suspend players over it.

I wish the 49'rs would kick him off the team. I really do. I love seeing teams punished by their own ignorance. All that money, time and effort wasted because someone smoked a bud. DO IT!

They won't kick him off he'll smoke his way out of the league. The fact is Foster has a choice to make, he can spend his days smoking weed like you or making millions of dollars playing football in the NFL. The choice is his and he knew the rules the NFL makes you follow to play and get paid, if he did like them go get a different job and smoke weed 24/7.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't kick him off he'll smoke his way out of the league. The fact is Foster has a choice to make, he can spend his days smoking weed like you or making millions of dollars playing football in the NFL. The choice is his and he knew the rules the NFL makes you follow to play and get paid, if he did like them go get a different job and smoke weed 24/7.

He will do both and there is nothing anyone will ever really do about it. Rolando McClain proved that if you have talent, teams will bend over backwards for you.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can only enter themselves league's substance abuse program before the league says you're done regardless of what the team wants. So yes the NFL will do something about it if he's dumb enough to get caught.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still amazes me that these young, talented athletes, who have all the talent can't stop sucking the hitter. Your career will end in 6-10 years, toke then. Reminds me of Steve Howe....he was reinstated 6 times....stupid fuckers.
They are weak and undisciplined. They are treated like kings from high school on up if they are stellar athletes and think they can do whatever they want.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the specifics of his contract, if Foster is fined by the NFL for its drug policy, (which he surely will be) he loses $2.5M in salaries. He can get some/all of it back if the team believes he turns the corner. Will that be a wakeup call?
If it isn't I wouldn't want him on the team. I wouldn't want anyone that stupid on the team.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Geez, most of us could let the marijuana go, but this confirms he's a problem.

Unfortunately, this won't be the last time he gets in the news, for the wrong reasons. Now we're glad we didn't trade up to the 16th or so area, else we'd have spent even more draft capital. ugh!

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he keeps this up he won't last long in the NFL, I'm guessing he won't last long with the 49ers.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can this guy go at least ONE calendar year and stay straight?

Fucking dumbass can't even go one MONTH. These turds shouldn't even be allowed the opportunity to represent an NFL team.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this pace, he'll be suspended for the season before opening day.

We knew he had off the field issues when we drafted him and he hasn't gone 1 full season without trouble yet. This is a very bad sign for his future. DV usually carries a 6 game suspension. Add the drug issue to that, and he could be gone for the half the season.

If the DV claims have legs, are we better off cutting him now, while we're still rebuilding?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this pace, he'll be suspended for the season before opening day.

We knew he had off the field issues when we drafted him and he hasn't gone 1 full season without trouble yet. This is a very bad sign for his future. DV usually carries a 6 game suspension. Add the drug issue to that, and he could be gone for the half the season.

If the DV claims have legs, are we better off cutting him now, while we're still rebuilding?

Trade him for what ever you can get even if it's a 7th rounder. LB just became a huge need for this team.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there you go, kick him off the team and out of the league, that'll teach em. It's not like the quality of the product the NFL puts on the field really matters anyway as college football - who doesn't do this stupid shit over a little weed - already has a superior product.

Well he might just get kicked off the team and suspended by the league for his latest infraction.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade him for what ever you can get even if it's a 7th rounder. LB just became a huge need for this team.
If he ends up suspended for a significant amount of time (looks likely), I could see the FO putting him on a zero tolerance policy. Essentially, he's had 2 strikes, and anything else will result in him getting cut. If we did that...I hate to say it, I don't think he'd make it 2 months. So, I understand it if the team moves on.

He could be an interesting chip to trade on draft day. Just an idea.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he ends up suspended for a significant amount of time (looks likely), I could see the FO putting him on a zero tolerance policy. Essentially, he's had 2 strikes, and anything else will result in him getting cut. If we did that...I hate to say it, I don't think he'd make it 2 months. So, I understand it if the team moves on.

He could be an interesting chip to trade on draft day. Just an idea.
I think its 3. He failed a drug test at the Combine as well.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its 3. He failed a drug test at the Combine as well.

....and got booted from the Combine for some verbal assault or whatever.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he might just get kicked off the team and suspended by the league for his latest infraction.

Ain't weed/stupid laws, so he deserves whatever he gets.