• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reuben Foster = Aldon Smith II?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No shit he should stay out of trouble.

Just saying, it's nothing I'm going to get upset about and I think the laws and such around it are dumb and archaic. The NFL's policy on it needs to get with the times and needs to change.

I find it odd that people have no room to excuse the players in these situations and yet at the same time have no problem excuses the stupid rules/laws that go with it.

But this forum is about the 49ers, not the laws of Alabama. No problem if you have an issue with some laws, but that isn't what we expect to be the point.

Yes, of course there are 'stupid' laws or laws that are outdated. But thats what all citizens face until they're changed. If you want laws changed great, get involved with politicians.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unfortunately, don't think this will be the last of it. Foster already knows all of this "WTF posting", but he STILL did it. He knew this from the combine, but he still got in the headlines.

That indicates he won't ever get past it.

Aldon knew he was supposed to stay out of trouble, but he still did it.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only he had a job where he could make enough money to move to a place like California where the laws are different...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this forum is about the 49ers, not the laws of Alabama. No problem if you have an issue with some laws, but that isn't what we expect to be the point.

Yes, of course there are 'stupid' laws or laws that are outdated. But thats what all citizens face until they're changed. If you want laws changed great, get involved with politicians.

What I'm trying to explain to you is that when you grow up and live in that culture, you do not think anything about it when you go back to it. It's not like he's thinking about getting busted because he's probably been carrying weed on him for years and years. Just like everyone else who smokes weed does in Alabama. You know there is risk, but it's not like you get busted every single time you carry. I was even older than Foster the 1st time I got busted. Hell my dad only got busted for his first time ever 2 years ago. It's a risk you get use to taking.

The NFL rules are the only reason this hurts the 49ers and Reuben. I'm sure he smoked while playing at Alabama, but Saban doesn't give a fuck about that shit because it's stupid, and the NCAA doesn't care because it's not PED's. You can see plain as day - it doesn't hurt his playing ability.

But every time this happens, and it happens over and over and over with different players, everyone is more ready to sit around and talk shit about the player and how dumb they are rather than focusing on a rule that is the sole source of negative consequences.

As for Alabama, I live in Arizona and spent most of the previous decade in the Bay Area. I refuse to live in a state that wants to put me in jail for something like weed. Someday maybe I'll get to move back home, but I'm not waiting for the backwards fucks who run the state. But when I do go home, I carry weed around the same as I do here when it's legal. I don't act any different.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What I'm trying to explain to you is that when you grow up and live in that culture, you do not think anything about it when you go back to it. It's not like he's thinking about getting busted because he's probably been carrying weed on him for years and years. Just like everyone else who smokes weed does in Alabama. You know there is risk, but it's not like you get busted every single time you carry. I was even older than Foster the 1st time I got busted. Hell my dad only got busted for his first time ever 2 years ago. It's a risk you get use to taking.]

Ok, i can see this happening, cause it happens where i grew up even though far different levels.

[The NFL rules are the only reason this hurts the 49ers and Reuben. I'm sure he smoked while playing at Alabama, but Saban doesn't give a fuck about that shit because it's stupid, and the NCAA doesn't care because it's not PED's. You can see plain as day - it doesn't hurt his playing ability.

But every time this happens, and it happens over and over and over with different players, everyone is more ready to sit around and talk shit about the player and how dumb they are rather than focusing on a rule that is the sole source of negative consequences.]

If Foster or ANY player wants to "get use to taking risk", and he gets busted, is that because of the Alabama law? Is that because of the NFL rules? No, he's willingly taking risks....HE is. The NFL rules are the affect, not the cause. The cause is the player accepting there are risks, and proceeds.

[As for Alabama, I live in Arizona and spent most of the previous decade in the Bay Area. I refuse to live in a state that wants to put me in jail for something like weed. Someday maybe I'll get to move back home, but I'm not waiting for the backwards fucks who run the state. But when I do go home, I carry weed around the same as I do here when it's legal. I don't act any different.

Yeah ok, so you're willingly take risks too. Same thing except you don't lose millions. If you get busted, the State of Alabama is the affect, not the cause.

You willingly take the risk but when you get busted, you blame the law?!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah ok, so you're willingly take risks too. Same thing except you don't lose millions. If you get busted, the State of Alabama is the affect, not the cause.

You willingly take the risk but when you get busted, you blame the law?!

Since when do laws dictate morality beyond what's socially acceptable for the day? A bit of a slippery slope/hyperbole for a moment:

Was slavery was a good idea because it was the law? Sometimes the laws are to blame, even if we understand and recognize the risk and consequences we might have to face as a result of those dumb laws.

If a slave gets killed while trying to run away, are we going to talk about how he knew the risks rather than focus on the absurdity of the "crime" he is committing? Because personally, I look at the situation and say - well that's a fucked up law and that needs to be changed - not the behavior that's being called a crime. Yes, I won't disagree he knew the risks in trying to run away, but it's the law - not the slave - that is the problem.

While obviously not as bad as slavery, bad laws are bad laws and regardless of what decision he should have made, he is the victim of that bad law.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Since when do laws dictate morality beyond what's socially acceptable for the day? A bit of a slippery slope/hyperbole for a moment:

Was slavery was a good idea because it was the law? Sometimes the laws are to blame, even if we understand and recognize the risk and consequences we might have to face as a result of those dumb laws.

If a slave gets killed while trying to run away, are we going to talk about how he knew the risks rather than focus on the absurdity of the "crime" he is committing? Because personally, I look at the situation and say - well that's a fucked up law and that needs to be changed - not the behavior that's being called a crime. Yes, I won't disagree he knew the risks in trying to run away, but it's the law - not the slave - that is the problem.

While obviously not as bad as slavery, bad laws are bad laws and regardless of what decision he should have made, he is the victim of that bad law.

Most people look at this Foster case - most player cases for that matter - prior to the act. ie why did he knowingly violate the law? Why did he 'take the risk' as you put it earlier? The public puts the onus on the person who knowingly, willingly, violated a law.

What you're doing is looking at this Foster situation AFTER the act. You're looking right past the person and saying "He's a victim....", "its not his fault the law is flawed", etc. Yes, there are bad laws in place, not denying that, but you shouldn't use this Foster case to justify it. No one on a 49er board is ready to discuss laws in Alabama.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people look at this Foster case - most player cases for that matter - prior to the act. ie why did he knowingly violate the law? Why did he 'take the risk' as you put it earlier? The public puts the onus on the person who knowingly, willingly, violated a law.

What you're doing is looking at this Foster situation AFTER the act. You're looking right past the person and saying "He's a victim....", "its not his fault the law is flawed", etc. Yes, there are bad laws in place, not denying that, but you shouldn't use this Foster case to justify it. No one on a 49er board is ready to discuss laws in Alabama.

We are talking about NFL rules here. But as I keep saying, you just want to ignore the bad rules and blame the player and that's why these bad rules stay in place.

But whatever, I'm not a fan of the NFL anymore and you guys can keep your stupid rules. In college football, they aren't so dumb.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are talking about NFL rules here. But as I keep saying, you just want to ignore the bad rules and blame the player and that's why these bad rules stay in place.

But whatever, I'm not a fan of the NFL anymore and you guys can keep your stupid rules. In college football, they aren't so dumb.

Do you know that even in California your employer can still fire you for smoking weed even though it is legal in this state? I would never smoke weed because if I was ever drug tested I would get fired. Rueben Foster should have known better

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

No i have not been ignoring the bad laws. Think i agreed with that part in EACH of my responses to you.

We're not trumpeting bad laws, we're talking about Foster and you're the one stuck on bad laws.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do you know that even in California your employer can still fire you for smoking weed even though it is legal in this state? I would never smoke weed because if I was ever drug tested I would get fired. Rueben Foster should have known better

Yes.

I have no doubt the team counsuled him, and his agent counsuled him....likely multiple times and again before he left San Jose? I have no doubt he knew the laws and what he was supposed to avoid.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah and that's fine. It's the employers right, just as it's the NFL's right.

But once again, that does not mean it's for a good reason.

When I lived in California, my job paid for my weed.

What makes you think he didn't know better? He just didn't give a fuck.

Last edited:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No i have not been ignoring the bad laws. Think i agreed with that part in EACH of my responses to you.

We're not trumpeting bad laws, we're talking about Foster and you're the one stuck on bad laws.

Once again, would you blame a slave for trying to escape because it was at one point against the law? Do you sit there and just say "Well he should have known better".

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and that's fine. It's the employers right, just as it's the NFL's right.

But once again, that does not mean it's for a good reason.

When I lived in California, my job paid for my weed.

What makes you think he didn't know better? He just didn't give a fuck.

That is the issue because he as millions of reasons to give a fuck and if he isn't smart enough to figure that out he won't last in the NFL and maybe he doesn't want to.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, would you blame a slave for trying to escape because it was at one point against the law? Do you sit there and just say "Well he should have known better".

Not even the same so just stop, one is of a person's literal freedom the other is the freedom to use a recreational drug. He knows he can't use drugs and play in the NFL or get caught using them and he made a choice hopefully he doesn't make this same mistake a again. Once he retires in 3 to 10 years he can smoke all the weed he wants but if he wants to be an NFL player he has to give it up.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the issue because he as millions of reasons to give a fuck and if he isn't smart enough to figure that out he won't last in the NFL and maybe he doesn't want to.

Kick him off the team and out of the league. If the 49'rs and NFL want to fuck themselves because a player smokes weed, then by all means have at it.

He won't be the first person who gets fucked "because they should have known better" by these types of rules and laws and the NFL and 49'rs won't be the first to suffer the consequences of their ignorance either.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even the same so just stop, one is of a person's literal freedom the other is the freedom to use a recreational drug. He knows he can't use drugs and play in the NFL or get caught using them and he made a choice hopefully he doesn't make this same mistake a again. Once he retires in 3 to 10 years he can smoke all the weed he wants but if he wants to be an NFL player he has to give it up.

No, it's an example of how just because something is a law and people know there will be consequences if they do not follow that law, it does not mean the law is right, justified or that the person who breaks that law is wrong for doing so.

He's made enough to retire now and tell you all to go fuck yourselves. He won't, because in the end this is all a bunch of PR bullshit, he'll get suspended for a game or 2 at most, have to do whatever other bullshit comes with the NFL going to "fix" him and he'll be back out there earning money.

And he'll smoke again and not give a fuck, because why should he? If he gets in trouble, once again it's the 49'rs and the NFL who will suffer from their shitty rules and since he's already motherfucking rich, he's gonna sit on his ass while you "punish" him.

And he can keep smoking up, and you can suspend him for an entire year and it doesn't matter. He's done been paid, gonna get paid after that year and so on.

Because it's all dumb and doesn't accomplish anything. Just like the drug war didn't do shit, because just making something a law isn't going to stop anyone, especially when there is no moral reasoning behind the law/rule. What you can expect is for him to do his best not to get caught to a certain degree.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's an example of how just because something is a law and people know there will be consequences if they do not follow that law, it does not mean the law is right, justified or that the person who breaks that law is wrong for doing so.

He's made enough to retire now and tell you all to go fuck yourselves. He won't, because in the end this is all a bunch of PR bullshit, he'll get suspended for a game or 2 at most, have to do whatever other bullshit comes with the NFL going to "fix" him and he'll be back out there earning money.

And he'll smoke again and not give a fuck, because why should he? If he gets in trouble, once again it's the 49'rs and the NFL who will suffer from their shitty rules and since he's already motherfucking rich, he's gonna sit on his ass while you "punish" him.

And he can keep smoking up, and you can suspend him for an entire year and it doesn't matter. He's done been paid, gonna get paid after that year and so on.

Because it's all dumb and doesn't accomplish anything. Just like the drug war didn't do shit, because just making something a law isn't going to stop anyone, especially when there is no moral reasoning behind the law/rule. What you can expect is for him to do his best not to get caught to a certain degree.

He should protect his money and he isn't it's on him.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kick him off the team and out of the league. If the 49'rs and NFL want to fuck themselves because a player smokes weed, then by all means have at it.

He won't be the first person who gets fucked "because they should have known better" by these types of rules and laws and the NFL and 49'rs won't be the first to suffer the consequences of their ignorance either.

The way the league looks at it, more players come in every day.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should protect his money and he isn't it's on him.
The way the league looks at it, more players come in every day.

Well there you go, kick him off the team and out of the league, that'll teach em. It's not like the quality of the product the NFL puts on the field really matters anyway as college football - who doesn't do this stupid shit over a little weed - already has a superior product.