• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reuben Foster = Aldon Smith II?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Busted for pot.

The guy had red flags coming out....trouble at the Combine, hangs around some troubling group of friends. Obviously you don't want to see the same end result as Smith, but you have to wonder about this guy. Aldon did something incredibly dumb, or was arrested for something every year - can this guy go at least ONE calendar year and stay straight?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Busted for pot.

The guy had red flags coming out....trouble at the Combine, hangs around some troubling group of friends. Obviously you don't want to see the same end result as Smith, but you have to wonder about this guy. Aldon did something incredibly dumb, or was arrested for something every year - can this guy go at least ONE calendar year and stay straight?

The kind of trouble the team doesn't need.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got busted for something that isn't even illegal in California.

Also the #1 reason I do not live in Alabama.

Stupid law that needs to be changed.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Busted for pot.

This is a shame. This is a guy you were hoping would lead your defense but he shows his childishness and irresponsibility here again.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still, Foster knows better.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, Foster knows better.

Yeah, but fuck Alabama's stupid shit. People on the west coast do not understand.

It's not just a ticket even, if you get caught with any amount of weed you get arrested, have to make bail/bond and they will take your shit etc.

He should have known better, but this is everyday life for people in Alabama who smoke weed.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but fuck Alabama's stupid shit. People on the west coast do not understand.

It's not just a ticket even, if you get caught with any amount of weed you get arrested, have to make bail/bond and they will take your shit etc.

He should have known better, but this is everyday life for people in Alabama who smoke weed.
The South in general is scary to me but Foster has a responsibility, not only to his teammates, but to his family as well as I assume he is the main provider. He's got to grow up.
Ever since I saw him last season in the college playoffs he was the one guy in the draft who I wanted the 49ers to get. I was stunned that we were able to get him. I hope he doesn't let us down.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care one bit if pot should be legal across the board or whatever.....Foster is a dumbass who 'should' know better. Yeah....it's just pot......but what's next? That's the issue here....you almost have to KNOW that there will be a 'next.'

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still amazes me that these young, talented athletes, who have all the talent can't stop sucking the hitter. Your career will end in 6-10 years, toke then. Reminds me of Steve Howe....he was reinstated 6 times....stupid fuckers.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the specifics of his contract, if Foster is fined by the NFL for its drug policy, (which he surely will be) he loses $2.5M in salaries. He can get some/all of it back if the team believes he turns the corner. Will that be a wakeup call?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the specifics of his contract, if Foster is fined by the NFL for its drug policy, (which he surely will be) he loses $2.5M in salaries. He can get some/all of it back if the team believes he turns the corner. Will that be a wakeup call?

It should be, no one likes to lose money.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be, no one likes to lose money.

You'd think that, but....Josh Gordon? This guy is a ticking timebomb who pissed away what? Three years? Justin Blackmon? Chose the smoke and his career was finished after a year and a half?

I have no idea where he's going...

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Busted for pot.

Do you know if he entered the NFL with a strike agianst him ?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know if he entered the NFL with a strike agianst him ?

I've read that yes, Foster was in the NFL's substance abuse program from the Combine/diluted sample.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this is no Aldon Smith scenario. Hated to hear this. It was nice having a quiet offseason for a change. Hopefully he learns from this.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Foster is supposed to stay out of trouble regardless, ie do what you have to do in avoiding 'headlines'. Whether marijuana is legal in California or whether it is a stupid law in Alabama, besides the point. The point is you KNOW you're supposed to stay out of trouble.

If you have to dump your "friends" to stay clean, so be it. They aren't friends if they get you in the headlines. Foster loses millions whereas they likely lose $50.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster is supposed to stay out of trouble regardless, ie do what you have to do in avoiding 'headlines'. Whether marijuana is legal in California or whether it is a stupid law in Alabama, besides the point. The point is you KNOW you're supposed to stay out of trouble.

If you have to dump your "friends" to stay clean, so be it. They aren't friends if they get you in the headlines. Foster loses millions whereas they likely lose $50.

No shit he should stay out of trouble.

Just saying, it's nothing I'm going to get upset about and I think the laws and such around it are dumb and archaic. The NFL's policy on it needs to get with the times and needs to change.

I find it odd that people have no room to excuse the players in these situations and yet at the same time have no problem excuses the stupid rules/laws that go with it.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it odd that people have no room to excuse the players in these situations and yet at the same time have no problem excuses the stupid rules/laws that go with it.

Most find the rules to be stupid....but that is irrelevant. This is strictly a 49ers/fan issue, and the consequences that come with the rules in place, no matter what your opinion is on said rules. As it stands, his actions only hurt the team, his pocketbook, and Niners fans are reacting accordingly.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with most posters. The law in Alabama might be outdated but it is still the law. He needs to be smarter, follow the law, and not get into this trouble. I wonder even if in California he would have avoided getting into trouble. In CA they are a lot more lenient when you violate this kind of law. It is cite and release. While pot is legal in California, you just can't go buy a bag of it and smoke it anywhere you want. I don't quite understand how it works because I don't smoke but I think you have to get a prescription and/or some type of card.