• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Returning home to complete the Padre series May 10-11

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nap should bunt with a runner on first since he can't hit an elephant in the butt with a bass fidle

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I have regretted the Jeffress part already. Was it Eickhoff that we had to add to get him to be a part of the deal?

Cordell was the PTBNL

Eickhoff was traded to the Phillies

Just saw that you answered yourself already...

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cordell was the PTBNL

Eickhoff was traded to the Phillies

Just saw that you answered yourself already...
Yeah. I got to thinking and realized that that was the wrong trade. I think it was rumored that we had to include Eickhoff in order for the Phillies to take Harrison.

Cordell was the PTBNL, but I am not sure if he was what was needed to add Jeffress.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 very early predictions for the MLB Trade Deadline.

4. Rangers trade Yu Darvish to the Cubs

You might remember the Cubs finished second in the bidding for Darvish when he came over from Japan. They only missed him by $35 million.

So close!

Not hard to see the Cubs making another run at Darvish this summer. Obviously, if the Rangers decide to sell -- and there is very little in the early results that implores them to do otherwise -- Darvish would be a rental among rentals. He's in the final year of his contract, and the vast majority of elite players who don't have an extension completed by Opening Day wind up testing the open waters.

The Cubs have the need and the resources here. The currently DL'd Brett Anderson obviously doesn't and hasn't offered much upside in the No. 5 spot, and there have been signs that the hangover effect on the rest of the rotation is real. Going all-in on a short-term solution is in the Cubs' recent history (see: Chapman, Aroldis), and they've got quality prospects like Ian Happ and Eloy Jimenez (once healthy) who are blocked at the Major League level.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cubs have the need and the resources here. The currently DL'd Brett Anderson obviously doesn't and hasn't offered much upside in the No. 5 spot, and there have been signs that the hangover effect on the rest of the rotation is real. Going all-in on a short-term solution is in the Cubs' recent history (see: Chapman, Aroldis), and they've got quality prospects like Ian Happ and Eloy Jimenez (once healthy) who are blocked at the Major League level.

I don't want to see Darvish leave, but fleecing the Cubs would be pretty great.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to see Darvish leave, but fleecing the Cubs would be pretty great.

If the rumors are true and the guy wants to stay, I think we should make it happen. His presence alone could keep the window open a bit. If he leaves we are undoubtedly in rebuilding mode. Which as i said the other day, it's not a bad time for a rebuild with the Astros presumably going to be very good the next few years. If we get some good prospects for Darvish, I could stomach losing him.

I'd be pissed if we traded him to the Astros tho, no matter what the return. People in Houston seem to have a strange hatred / obsession with rooting against the Rangers and the Cowboys. The Rangers it makes sense somewhat, but we've only been rivals with the Astros for a short time. The Cowboys? It doesn't add up one bit, the Texans and Cowboys play in separate conferences, have never met in the playoffs, and only play in the regular season once every 4 years.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the rumors are true and the guy wants to stay, I think we should make it happen. His presence alone could keep the window open a bit. If he leaves we are undoubtedly in rebuilding mode. Which as i said the other day, it's not a bad time for a rebuild with the Astros presumably going to be very good the next few years. If we get some good prospects for Darvish, I could stomach losing him.

I'd be pissed if we traded him to the Astros tho, no matter what the return. People in Houston seem to have a strange hatred / obsession with rooting against the Rangers and the Cowboys. The Rangers it makes sense somewhat, but we've only been rivals with the Astros for a short time. The Cowboys? It doesn't add up one bit, the Texans and Cowboys play in separate conferences, have never met in the playoffs, and only play in the regular season once every 4 years.

They're all from Texas, so it makes perfect sense, people from Houston, San Antonio and Dallas have always mouthed off about fans from the other cities, its just what they do.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're all from Texas, so it makes perfect sense, people from Houston, San Antonio and Dallas have always mouthed off about fans from the other cities, its just what they do.
And it won't change.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to hear from you guys why Napoli is in the line up almost every game. It can;t be for his BA OBP or RBI's. We also have at least three players, Gallo,Rua and Profar that could do a good job on first base not including Guzman who is most interesting at the moment. Is this a case where management does not want to look bad for signing Napoli after the last season performance in Cleveland? Not sure why he remains in the line up. What do you think?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to hear from you guys why Napoli is in the line up almost every game. It can;t be for his BA OBP or RBI's. We also have at least three players, Gallo,Rua and Profar that could do a good job on first base not including Guzman who is most interesting at the moment. Is this a case where management does not want to look bad for signing Napoli after the last season performance in Cleveland? Not sure why he remains in the line up. What do you think?

Blind loyalty to a vet by a "players manager" who is too much like wash, but is lacking the good qualities wash had.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blind loyalty to a vet by a "players manager" who is too much like wash, but is lacking the good qualities wash had.
Thanks Crawler. Good point.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice start Teen.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In some ways Banny is better than Wash.
In many ways Banny is better than Wash. Wash might be a better third base coach than Banny. Wash is more animated than Banny. Not much other than those two things.

Even in loyalty to vets Banny isn't nearly as die hard in that area as Wash was.