• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Retired Jersey?Guess who.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is great news. If I'm not mistaken, other than Sean Elliot, JT is the only modern Wildcat to be named that National POY. It is a total no-brainer that he have his jersey retired, and it would have been done a long time ago if it were just up to the UofA...

...but this was never about the University of Arizona refusing to retire his jersey. It was not their decision, it was up to a conference vote. Initially, when Arizona accepted the sanctions from Terry's indiscretions a part of the deal was that he pay back the money lost from Arizona's vacated NCAA tourney run along with him never being able to have his jersey retired. In order for Jet's jersey retirement to happen the conference had to put it back up on the table and vote to have the decision reversed. I remember back in 2011 they brought it up and the Pac12 school presidents voted it down 10-2. I have not read anything about the league voting again and passing it... maybe they had a closed-doors meeting and voted and reversed the decision?... or... maybe the UofA is just saying "screw you" to the Pac12 presidents and doing it on their own...?

Either way, a long-overdue recognition of how great Jason Terry was in his time at the UofA. One of the top 5 most accomplished players in school history; National Champ, College POY, NBA 6th man of the year, NBA champ... 3rd all time in NBA history in 3s made. The guy is one of the all time greats, without a doubt.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had so much swag in his UA days.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome! Congrats to the JET!

Did we really not have an AZ v ASU game thread? Has ASU grown that irrelevant?

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome! Congrats to the JET!

Did we really not have an AZ v ASU game thread? Has ASU grown that irrelevant?

I was thinking the same thing.
Criminie.. I listen on the radio, (most people don't know how to spell radio any more), but I still think it is relevant.

GO CATS! BEAR DOWN!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So great to see #31 will be hung at McKale. I've always been a fan of the Jet. I get the reason they wouldn't let it happen earlier; but shit, he's paid his dues.

And, it's so great that we curb-stomped ASU. We need that to happen again up at McKale North.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the JET having his jersey retired tonight.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great ceremony, thankful to have been on hand. Good to see the players wear the socks and do their JET impressions after 3s.