• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

resume or potential?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like bilas is changing the criteria to push his Duke agenda?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke resume is pretty good as well....and it's just Bilas.

Duke is worthy of a #1 seed. To act like they're not worthy of one is ridiculous.

There are 6 teams who are worthy of a 1 seed and they're one of them.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also you have to look at their early season losses and look at who played in those games.

For example in the game against Kansas, Chase Jeter started.

Tatum or Giles did not play.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke resume is pretty good as well....and it's just Bilas.

Duke is worthy of a #1 seed. To act like they're not worthy of one is ridiculous.

There are 6 teams who are worthy of a 1 seed and they're one of them.
When the first thing out of every person selling them is they were injured and they lost there coach for a couple wks you know they are pushing an agenda and putting way too much stock in a conference tourney. Resume exceeds potential. They lost 3 out of 4 gms two times during the season. Bad loss at home to nc state. Went 11-7 in their conference, finishing 5th. Obviously they have as much talent as anyone but they didn't get it done in the reg season

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the first thing out of every person selling them is they were injured and they lost there coach for a couple wks you know they are pushing an agenda and putting way too much stock in a conference tourney. Resume exceeds potential. They lost 3 out of 4 gms two times during the season. Bad loss at home to nc state. Went 11-7 in their conference, finishing 5th. Obviously they have as much talent as anyone but they didn't get it done in the reg season

They push injuries for everyone. This isn't something new and yes when you miss your HOF coach for a month it is a factor as we saw last year with Syracuse. It's not pushing an agenda. It is called facts.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also you have to look at their early season losses and look at who played in those games.

For example in the game against Kansas, Chase Jeter started.

Tatum or Giles did not play.

So. . . ? Duke should receive no more consideration for injuries to players or their coach during the season than any other team. They went 11 - 7 in their own conference. Not a #1 seed. Bilas has been pushing this agenda for weeks. He can't help himself.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. . . ? Duke should receive no more consideration for injuries to players or their coach during the season than any other team. They went 11 - 7 in their own conference. Not a #1 seed. Bilas has been pushing this agenda for weeks. He can't help himself.

He's not the only one. If you don't think Duke should be considered for a #1 seed then you know absolutely nothing. As I said before, they may not get a 1 seed but they will be considered for 1 with the other 5 teams fighting for a 1 seed as well.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They push injuries for everyone. This isn't something new and yes when you miss your HOF coach for a month it is a factor as we saw last year with Syracuse. It's not pushing an agenda. It is called facts.
Facts that cant prove anything on a resume. Only facts are results on the court. Committee should not assume anything would happen if the player or coach were there.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not the only one. If you don't think Duke should be considered for a #1 seed then you know absolutely nothing. As I said before, they may not get a 1 seed but they will be considered for 1 with the other 5 teams fighting for a 1 seed as well.

What I know is this: Duke routinely whines about everything to get the outcomes they want. They are not even close to a #1 seed. Whether or not they will be considered for a #1 seed is a function of the favoritism they have received over the years. If they receive a #1 seed or a favorable path to the championship, no one will be surprised, however--this crap has been going on for years. But, it will confirm the hypocrisy of the committee.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I know is this: Duke routinely whines about everything to get the outcomes they want. They are not even close to a #1 seed. Whether or not they will be considered for a #1 seed is a function of the favoritism they have received over the years. If they receive a #1 seed or a favorable path to the championship, no one will be surprised, however--this crap has been going on for years. But, it will confirm the hypocrisy of the committee.

They're not close to a 1 seed? LMFAO

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first of all, i'm a big Duke fan (Duke alum actually), and I wouldnt put us on the 1 line. I think a 2 is fine for us.

but the argument to put us on the 1 line is not spurious or blatant favoritism, and it has nothing (or very little) to do with "ignore our losses because of injuries and our coach getting back surgery." That's just a rebuttal for when others argue "there's no way we should consider an 8 loss team for a 1 seed."

The argument for Duke on the 1 line has to do primarily with quality wins. no team in the country has more wins against the top 50 than we do. Add that to the championship of the toughest, deepest conference in the country, and there's an argument.

Where would you want to put Duke? 3? 4? Imagine we were a 4 seed. Would it be fair to the #1 seed in that region to put a team that looks like it might be playing the best basketball in the country as a sweet sixteen matchup?

remember last time a team went 4 wins in 4 days to win a major conference championship. Connecticut was given a 7 seed in 2014, and went all the way to the NCAA Championship.

As I said, I think a 2 is perfectly fine and appropriate for Duke given everything, but we will get discussion for a 1 seed, even though i don't think we'll get it. And we should be in that discussion.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but the argument to put us on the 1 line is not spurious or blatant favoritism

That's all I been saying. There is an argument for Duke as a 1 seed. They're one of the 4 teams in the conversation for the final 2 #1 seeds.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that Duke is a solid #2. But the consideration for a #1 seed isn't over the top at all.

They have beaten uNC 2 out of 3 times they played. And uNC won the "regular season", which isn't an observed champion by the ACC.

The ACC Champion is the Tournament Champion. Period.

And, since there isn't a true round robin to have a legitimate regular season winner, they play it off in a tournament with the automatic qualifier as the winner. Duke has beaten Runner Up Notre Dame twice and the league leader in a regular season twice!

Also, when talking resume, Duke has beaten more Top 50 teams than anyone else in the country. They've won 12 Top 50 wins and 8 of those 12 wins away from Durham.

Duke Blue Devils- 2017 ACC Champions. You cannot be better than Champions and Duke won it. If any team deserves a #2 seed behind Duke it should be uNC. Fuck 'em.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all I been saying. There is an argument for Duke as a 1 seed. They're one of the 4 teams in the conversation for the final 2 #1 seeds.

Spoken like the true DOOKIES that you both are. As I said, if the committee doesn't give them the #1 seed, they'll give them the easiest path to the championship.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoken like the true DOOKIES that you both are. As I said, if the committee doesn't give them the #1 seed, they'll give them the easiest path to the championship.

would you care to respond to the actual points that we made, rather than just dismissing them because we happen to be Duke fans?

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Michigan just won the B1G championship by winning 4 games in 4 days. They also had a number of injuries that hampered their play during the season. Coach Beilein didn't have back surgery, but the team did endure a near tragedy in an aborted take-off of their plane on Wednesday. Maybe the committee should take their POTENTIAL into consideration.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
michigan had a very impressive run and they are a dangerous team going into the ncaa tournament

there are a few differences between them and duke, but the biggest one is that the selection committee is mostly finished with its bracketing at this point, and they don't have time to go back and redo it. That's on the big ten for choosing to finish its championship about a half hour before the selection show.

if they did have time, I would absolutely agree that Michigan should get a big boost in seeding based on what they accomplished this weekend.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate Duke, probably more than you, but they have the most top 25 wins, most top 50 wins, and whether you like it or not, the injuries will play a factor if the committee is going to use some precedence.

Also, Duke has 8 road/neutral wins against teams projected to make the field.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Duke, probably more than you, but they have the most top 25 wins, most top 50 wins, and whether you like it or not, the injuries will play a factor if the committee is going to use some precedence.

Do you think the committee should consider Duke for a #1 seed? I have no quarrel with what Duke HAS DONE, but I don't think their record, which includes 7 losses in their own conference, should be discounted because they had injuries and their coach had surgery. I want the committee to treat them the same way they treat other teams who have had injuries and other problems during the season and stop their favoritism of Duke, which has been so obvious over the years. Let the chips fall where they may.