• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reported: Alex Smith Traded To Redskins

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't take Cousins for 34 mil as much as I'd like him in Denver.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't take Cousins for 34 mil as much as I'd like him in Denver.
It won’t be. My guess it will be about a $20MM cap hit for this year, but close $140 MM total witht $100 MM guaranteed over 5 years.

Total guess...

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna guess a bit over 20 mil for this year... 6 year deal...

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you covering both sides of the argument ? ;)

For the record, I’m going with Cousins will sign in Denver and we’ll be very glad we did.
Yes I'm trying to point out pros and cons for both teams.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For someone with skin ($$$) in the game, I'd like to see Denver sign Cousins and be done with the QB position for the next 3-5 years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at he Vikes. Plenty of salary cap. New stadium, Most of their key players sign for 3-4 more years. Much better than Denver at almost every position. Cousins will have to compete with Rodgers ever year.
You have to get HFA first and foremost.

Only thing Elway has is a bad AFCW and the fact he knows how to win Super Bowls.

Going to be really hard to beat the Vikes.

I'm not sure it will be that tough to beat them. His old coach that drafted him lives in Denver. Plenty of people connected to Shanahan are here in Denver. Elway has shown an ability to understand QB's that I'm just not so sure Mike Zimmer is going to have. Zimmer is a defensive guy where the Broncos main people are all ex-QB's in Elway, Kubiak, and Joseph.

I would say the other thing the Broncos have going for them is they just seem to want him more. The Vikings have a pretty easy fall back plan of getting any of the 3 QB's that were on their roster this year. If loyalty is as important as he keeps talking about then I would say the Broncos are the more committed team to seeing him in their uniform.

You are right though that if we are only looking at right now this upcoming season then Vikings are the easy choice. Right now I could see it going either way. And honestly for me I'm kind of in that same boat as I like some of the rookie QB's in this draft and love having a cheap option at the position. I'm also on board with getting Cousins then using that top-5 pick to add a blue chip talent to this roster and surround Cousins with talent.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure it will be that tough to beat them. His old coach that drafted him lives in Denver. Plenty of people connected to Shanahan are here in Denver. Elway has shown an ability to understand QB's that I'm just not so sure Mike Zimmer is going to have. Zimmer is a defensive guy where the Broncos main people are all ex-QB's in Elway, Kubiak, and Joseph.

I would say the other thing the Broncos have going for them is they just seem to want him more. The Vikings have a pretty easy fall back plan of getting any of the 3 QB's that were on their roster this year. If loyalty is as important as he keeps talking about then I would say the Broncos are the more committed team to seeing him in their uniform.

You are right though that if we are only looking at right now this upcoming season then Vikings are the easy choice. Right now I could see it going either way. And honestly for me I'm kind of in that same boat as I like some of the rookie QB's in this draft and love having a cheap option at the position. I'm also on board with getting Cousins then using that top-5 pick to add a blue chip talent to this roster and surround Cousins with talent.

"Going to be really hard to beat the Vikes.' is probably a little extreme. You know if Cousin signs here, Elway will do all he can to build a team to help Cousins succeed.

I hope they sign Cousins then my Sundays at Mile High will be something I look forward to.

Keep us in the loop because 30 days is going to drag on. I really can't get into the draft until we know what the QB situation looks like.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Going to be really hard to beat the Vikes.' is probably a little extreme. You know if Cousin signs here, Elway will do all he can to build a team to help Cousins succeed.

I hope they sign Cousins then my Sundays at Mile High will be something I look forward to.

Keep us in the loop because 30 days is going to drag on. I really can't get into the draft until we know what the QB situation looks like.

I'm hoping to be on here more moving forward. My busy traveling days are behind me. So any info I get I'll make sure to post it on here.

Just some fun info beyond the Cousins train...

Sounds like the Broncos have a trade set up for Sanders. Looking like a 3rd round pick is what the Broncos will get for him.
The Anderson for James trade doesn't look like it will happen. More looking like a conditional pick for him. Nothing big just a late round pick. Still it is something for a guy most likely going to be cut.
Quite a few teams have been calling about the availability of Darian Stewart. Sounds like half the league has called at least.

As for the Cousins situation. Both sides are still talking but there is very little reason for the Broncos to cave to any demands by the Redskins. It is either meet the needs of the Broncos where they win a big time trade, tag him and risk being stuck with a $34 million cap hit for a guy you don't want, or just let him walk in FA (probably their best choice).

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many rumors right now.

I'd be surprised if we got a 3rd for Sanders though, just with his age and contract. he will be 31 in March, not old, but coming off an injury plagued year and with some cap hit on his deal, not sure we can net a 3rd for him. I'm fully expecting him to be done in Denver so would be thrilled if it actually happened.

Darian Stewart seems like a possible hard one to trade. He just signed an extension and will be 30 next season. He just signed the 4 year 30 mil dollar deal that goes until 2020. He was great for us up until this year, would just seem his value is pretty low when you combine a few things.

I feel like there are about 15 rumors between about 8 players on our roster right now. Buckle up it's gonna be a wild off-season.

I can promise you we aren't gonna trade 8 players though ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many rumors right now.

I'd be surprised if we got a 3rd for Sanders though, just with his age and contract. he will be 31 in March, not old, but coming off an injury plagued year and with some cap hit on his deal, not sure we can net a 3rd for him. I'm fully expecting him to be done in Denver so would be thrilled if it actually happened.

Darian Stewart seems like a possible hard one to trade. He just signed an extension and will be 30 next season. He just signed the 4 year 30 mil dollar deal that goes until 2020. He was great for us up until this year, would just seem his value is pretty low when you combine a few things.

I feel like there are about 15 rumors between about 8 players on our roster right now. Buckle up it's gonna be a wild off-season.

I can promise you we aren't gonna trade 8 players though ;)

Just things I've been told by sources. And you are right that there is a lot of info floating out there. I have lots more than just those guys of what I've heard. I can't remember who it was but I think someone with the Seahawks who said they field calls and make calls all the time. 95% of it never has anything come of it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just things I've been told by sources. And you are right that there is a lot of info floating out there. I have lots more than just those guys of what I've heard. I can't remember who it was but I think someone with the Seahawks who said they field calls and make calls all the time. 95% of it never has anything come of it.

Yeah- I am sure there are sooooooo many things and calls being discussed in the off-season. When you consider we basically have a dead period of roster moves besides street free agents for the next month. plus. I know in working with football people that nobody sits tight, everyone has ants in their pants always trying to improve their roster. Hell, I don't sleep much at night fielding an indoor football roster, not sure how these guys do it with millions on the line.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your views on Shane Ray now and the future will he be longterm Bronco?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your views on Shane Ray now and the future will he be longterm Bronco?

it all depends on this year... He has to show we can lock him in this year. Gonna be hard to pick up that option, IMO.. Might have to see how he does this year before we lock him in. Up and down so far.