• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

REPORT: Patriots Expected To Trade TE Rob Gronkowski In The ‘Coming Weeks’

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should've trades him 2 years ago. Not sure what you're going to get for a guy no one thinks is going go play more than 8-10 games

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least I had the decency to post this on Rock's thread to make sure it wasn't

FAKE NEWS.

Another clickbait victim to Twitter @Bridgeburner

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting news. Think if Gronk is traded Brady announces this is his last season.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting news. Think if Gronk is traded Brady announces this is his last season.
Yes, and BB resigns, Kraft sell the team, and they implode the lighthouse at The Razor.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes zero sense, imo.

Amendola is out the door. Cooks is good but he isn't awesome. Edelman is great but coming off injury. If either Cooks or Edelman goes down then that offense is taking a huge hit.

Brady can win a Super Bowl with a couple of weapons and an AFC thats still not looking super deep. Getting rid of one of the weapons to open yourself up to the injury bug removing you from Super Bowl contention just isnt smart especially if Gronk only nets you something like a 4th rounder.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Brady would walk if Gronk left.

maybe Brady does want to leave and secretly he is hoping Gronk goes so he can as well. Rumors are all over the place about players not being happy at all in Foxborough and if this leads to Gronk being traded I would not be surprised. It would royally suck to have him go but I sadly do see this coming.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly even IF Gronk is traded I still think this season coming up will be Brady's last

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe Brady does want to leave and secretly he is hoping Gronk goes so he can as well. Rumors are all over the place about players not being happy at all in Foxborough and if this leads to Gronk being traded I would not be surprised. It would royally suck to have him go but I sadly do see this coming.

Everything I hear/read is that BB is upset Gronk hasn't committed to play. And that if he commits soon, all will be well"ish"....

BB wants to get on with things. 2018 things.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I hear/read is that BB is upset Gronk hasn't committed to play. And that if he commits soon, all will be well"ish"....

BB wants to get on with things. 2018 things.

BB should not be shocked by what Gronk is doing.. Really shouldn't

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. Cleveland Browns
The Browns have been busy this offseason and on paper look like a good football team. Of course, we heard that 12 months ago and Cleveland proceeded to go 0-16. But this time feels different, especially if, after passing on Carson Wentz and Deshaun Watson in back-to-back drafts, the organization finally takes a franchise quarterback with the No. 1 pick. Gronkowski would join an offense that added Jarvis Landry, Carlos Hyde and Tyrod Taylor, in addition to freak shows Josh Gordon and second-year tight end David Njoku. The Browns are obviously rebuilding, and that may not sit well with Gronkowski. That said, he would be a cult hero from the moment he arrives and could be part of the team that finally turned things around in Cleveland.

4. Dallas Cowboys
Jason Witten will be 36 next month, and while he's still a top-10 tight end, he's nearing the end of his Hall of Fame career. And while the Cowboys went 9-7 and missed the playoffs last season, they were 13-3 in 2016 and Gronk would again make them favorites to return to the postseason. He would also make life easier for Dak Prescott, who struggled at times last year, as well as Ezekiel Elliott, who missed six games because of a suspension. Gronk also makes some sense in Dallas if the team decided to dump Dez Bryant at some point this offseason.

3. San Francisco 49ers
Initially, no one knew what to make of the 49ers trading for Garoppolo because he spent the first month on the bench. But everything changed in Week 13, when he made his first start for a team that was 1-10 -- and he promptly won five straight. San Francisco went from laughingstock to dark-horse playoff candidate in 2018. Marquise Goodwin averaged 17.2 yards per catch and led the team with 962 receiving yards, but after that the fall off was precipitous. Tight end George Kittle was next with 500 receiving yards, followed by veteran wideout Pierre Garcon (500 yards). Despite the dearth of playmakers, Garoppolo was the NFL's most efficient passer among quarterbacks attempting fewer than 200 passes, so imagine what he'd be able to do with Gronkowski and newly-acquired Jerick McKinnon in the backfield.

Plus, there's some symmetry for Gronk, who would go from Brady in New England to Brady's understudy in San Francisco.

2. Los Angeles Rams
Anytime a big-name player is mentioned as a possible trade target, we've been conditioned to assume that the Rams will be interested. They've already acquired Aqib Talib and Marcus Peters, signed Ndamukong Suh, and are reportedly very interested in trading for Odell Beckham Jr.

The addition of Gronkowski would make the Rams' offense, which ranked sixth in the league in 2017, even more dangerous. Added bonus: Los Angeles has $31.3 million in salary-cap space, according to Spotrac.com, which is the sixth-most in the NFL.

Part of the reason the Rams have so much cap space: Jared Goff is midway through his rookie deal. This also explains why the team is stacking its roster -- after going 11-5 in coach Sean McVay's first season, they're ready for a Super Bowl run now; there is no waiting for Goff to grow into his role because he proved last season that he's a capable quarterback. And before the Rams have to sign him to an extension that will almost certainly cost $30 million a year, they're replicating what the Seahawks did early in Russell Wilson's tenure and what the defending Super Bowl champion Eagles are doing now.

Any doubts Gronkowski might have playing outside of New England would be mitigated by coming to Los Angeles, which is a younger, more dynamic, and possibly better team. Plus, Gronk will be in L.A., which will make it much easier to pursue an acting career.

1. New Orleans Saints
The Saints lost out on a Jimmy Graham reunion when he signed a three-year deal with the Packers. They have Josh Hill and Coby Fleener, and just signed 37-year-old Benjamin Watson, but none of those names precludes the addition of Gronk. Hill and Fleener combined for 38 catches, 420 yards and 3 touchdowns for the 2017 season. That's less than half of what Gronkowski managed in 14 games: 69 catches, 1,084 yards, 8 touchdowns.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Trading early is better than trading late"
i dont THINK it happens...i think he sticks here...but

is it possible? absolutely. theres a reason i own one modern pats jersey. no ones safe.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A smarter move than most will think on this board. The offense will survive. Cooks, Edelman, and X ham and egger is more than enough to move the offense. It sucks to lose Lewis and Gronk, but the D is a disaster zone and you can't rely on finesse to keep PPG down over long samples. You need talent, and you can't fake talent on D like you can (or to the same degree anyway) on O via the QB and scheme. If the Pats are truly all in, this is the counterintuitive move to make.
Despite the fact that they've done a few odd things lately the pats are one of those franchises (actually the main one) whom you have to give benefit of the doubt in whatever crazy-looking stuff they do because they're the pats.

Having or not having Rob Gronkowski has never made one iota of difference in the pats' playoff fates. If he does get traded this will be the chance for the rest of us to learn if he really is the Goat tight end if he can produce with some Joe schmoe at QB in a non-Pats atmosphere.

As for the patriots they made a talentless defense appear competent (until the SB) last season, so if they think they can build a serious defense or significantly upgrade at key positions at the expense of a player who they know they can win without, then they are fully justified in doing that.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Honestly even IF Gronk is traded I still think this season coming up will be Brady's last

Brady is playing for Brady at this point and he won't walk just because of Gronk.

He'll walk away when he physically can't play at a satisfactory level anymore or if the Pats are in a state that they can't legitimately compete for a title.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is playing for Brady at this point and he won't walk just because of Gronk.

He'll walk away when he physically can't play at a satisfactory level anymore or if the Pats are in a state that they can't legitimately compete for a title.

Hence why I said, "even IF" Gronk gets traded... But it certainly wouldn't hurt to "push" Brady in that direction

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A smarter move than most will think on this board. The offense will survive. Cooks, Edelman, and X ham and egger is more than enough to move the offense. It sucks to lose Lewis and Gronk, but the D is a disaster zone and you can't rely on finesse to keep PPG down over long samples. You need talent, and you can't fake talent on D like you can (or to the same degree anyway) on O via the QB and scheme. If the Pats are truly all in, this is the counterintuitive move to make.

Translation

"The Bills, Dolphins and Jets still suck"