• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Broncos' job is Vance Joseph's to lose

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has really turned into a 2 horse race at this point for the Broncos job between Vance Joseph and Kyle Shanahan. Both want it just have to see how the interviews go.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has really turned into a 2 horse race at this point for the Broncos job between Vance Joseph and Kyle Shanahan. Both want it just have to see how the interviews go.
I personally think that this gig is way too early for Vance. He's still refining his D coordinator role never mind HC. Another year or so then possible as he's gotten quite a bit out of an injured and marginally talented group.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Harbaugh was a lock?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think that this gig is way too early for Vance. He's still refining his D coordinator role never mind HC. Another year or so then possible as he's gotten quite a bit out of an injured and marginally talented group.

I definitely have some reservations about that. I watched a young promising DC for the Broncos just a few years ago go to the Raiders and just completely flame out after a couple of years as he was in over his head.

Now maybe some of what can make it work with him here is he is coming to a very experienced FO so they can help guide them. Rumor is that if he is hired he would bring in Mike McCoy as OC and keep Wade as DC so at least he would have some guys with Head Coaching experience to help him with the transition. Usually if a young guy 1st time HC succeeds it is because of having those things around him.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
V Joseph is a well respected coach. His background is all defense though. The Broncos have one of the best defenses in the league already. If V Joseph is the choice of the Broncos I think the key to the success of the team will be the OC pick. The Broncos need to improve the offense. That's the reason they aren't in the playoffs.

I understand that V Joseph has ambition to grow in his career and the Broncos hold the best coaching opportunity because of the defense. That said, it's sink or swim for head coaches in the NFL. I think he'd have more stability with the Fins.

If he leaves I trust AG to bring in a quality coach. Hopefully, it wouldn't be too much of a setback with the team as they adjust to another DC.

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
V Joseph is a well respected coach. His background is all defense though. The Broncos have one of the best defenses in the league already. If V Joseph is the choice of the Broncos I think the key to the success of the team will be the OC pick. The Broncos need to improve the offense. That's the reason they aren't in the playoffs.

I understand that V Joseph has ambition to grow in his career and the Broncos hold the best coaching opportunity because of the defense. That said, it's sink or swim for head coaches in the NFL. I think he'd have more stability with the Fins.

If he leaves I trust AG to bring in a quality coach. Hopefully, it wouldn't be too much of a setback with the team as they adjust to another DC.

Yeah really that is my biggest question about him is who he would bring in for the OC. I'm sure that is one of the first questions they asked him. Heck Elway made it very clear that the new HC coming in one of the most important questions would be how they plan to develop the young QB's for this team. Well I'm doubting Vance Joseph is a great QB whisperer so then it comes down to him explaining his plan to build the Offensive staff to get this offense back on track.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah really that is my biggest question about him is who he would bring in for the OC. I'm sure that is one of the first questions they asked him. Heck Elway made it very clear that the new HC coming in one of the most important questions would be how they plan to develop the young QB's for this team. Well I'm doubting Vance Joseph is a great QB whisperer so then it comes down to him explaining his plan to build the Offensive staff to get this offense back on track.
Thats why an offensive coach makes more sense in Denver no?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats why an offensive coach makes more sense in Denver no?

It does to a degree. Think about it this way. The top-12 offenses in the NFL this past year all had the OC calling the plays instead of the HC doing a duel role. So by that logic it might actually be better for the offense to have a strong OC running things and more of a CEO HC type that is just looking over all the parts/players of the team.

That is again why Joseph's choice for OC would be a huge part of the discussion of whether he would get hired by the Broncos. As a Bronco fan I'm still leaning towards Kyle Shanahan of Atlanta because I do think he can be a big part in fixing this Broncos' offense and I think they can just keep Wade or most of the defensive staff together to keep the defense going. Kyle though has some major questions about his ability to relate to players. In Washington, Cleveland, and Atlanta he has rubbed some players the wrong way to the point they have actually spoken out against him.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does to a degree. Think about it this way. The top-12 offenses in the NFL this past year all had the OC calling the plays instead of the HC doing a duel role. So by that logic it might actually be better for the offense to have a strong OC running things and more of a CEO HC type that is just looking over all the parts/players of the team.

That is again why Joseph's choice for OC would be a huge part of the discussion of whether he would get hired by the Broncos. As a Bronco fan I'm still leaning towards Kyle Shanahan of Atlanta because I do think he can be a big part in fixing this Broncos' offense and I think they can just keep Wade or most of the defensive staff together to keep the defense going. Kyle though has some major questions about his ability to relate to players. In Washington, Cleveland, and Atlanta he has rubbed some players the wrong way to the point they have actually spoken out against him.
Yes true but then you are talking about two big hires instead of one as your D is pretty good. I'd leave Wade alone!

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is there all this talk about Vance? He is a DC and his team was ranked 29/31 for Defense.. They were ranked dead last against the run and thats with Cameron Wake and Suh on your line. Please tell me why Miami should keep him to stay another year as the Dolphins DC, nonetheless how any other team is considering him for a Head Coaching job.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is there all this talk about Vance? He is a DC and his team was ranked 29/31 for Defense.. They were ranked dead last against the run and thats with Cameron Wake and Suh on your line. Please tell me why Miami should keep him to stay another year as the Dolphins DC, nonetheless how any other team is considering him for a Head Coaching job.
He did well all things considered. Injuries were horrible on D with an already weak LB crew. You can only do so much..