• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remember when Sark left....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I bitched and moaned for them to hire Wilcox, ( then Petersen flew west and the rest is history)

I'm really glad they are having a good first showing today, Him and Beau together could very easily turn that sleeping community into a serious pain in the ass in college football....

And I put this in here not to ruffle jimmies...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it too soon though to wish we would bring Tui home at OC? :noidea:

Maybe some day.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it too soon though to wish we would bring Tui home at OC? :noidea:

Maybe some day.

I really used to hate Jonathan Smith but have come around to liking him ever since he stopped running those terrible WR screen plays.

Not sure if it's just that there's so much talent on the team now that he can essentially call whatever he wants, or if he really has improved as a play caller.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really used to hate Jonathan Smith but have come around to liking him ever since he stopped running those terrible WR screen plays.

Not sure if it's just that there's so much talent on the team now that he can essentially call whatever he wants, or if he really has improved as a play caller.
I think the play calling and design was pretty solid last year, but since Tedford has left I've seen a decline again. We will see how he does tonight in a bigger game and I hope I'm wrong, but it feels like we may be headed back to where we were pre Tedford.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the play calling and design was pretty solid last year, but since Tedford has left I've seen a decline again. We will see how he does tonight in a bigger game and I hope I'm wrong, but it feels like we may be headed back to where we were pre Tedford.

I'll have to look out for that. I thought the play calling was solid last year. I don't recall many times I was frustrated because of it, and I've been bitching about Bevell (Seahawks) for years.

You might have a point on the Tedford thing. I haven't really paid close attention to play calling because both of the home games I was at and have a tradition of showing up at the stadium nothing close to sober. Rutgers I thought was very bland, but didn't put much thought into it. Figured they might be sticking with a more basic playbook so as to not give away any decent film to future Pac-12 opponents.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to look out for that. I thought the play calling was solid last year. I don't recall many times I was frustrated because of it, and I've been bitching about Bevell (Seahawks) for years.

You might have a point on the Tedford thing. I haven't really paid close attention to play calling because both of the home games I was at and have a tradition of showing up at the stadium nothing close to sober. Rutgers I thought was very bland, but didn't put much thought into it. Figured they might be sticking with a more basic playbook so as to not give away any decent film to future Pac-12 opponents.
Not only was I drunk for the Wyoming game, but I don't remember walking to the stadium from the tailgate at all and really don't remember any of the first half. I did go back and watch it on 60 min replay on Pac12N though.

I think it's more about the Rutgers game as that one had enough problems to matter what was called. The other two they could work on whatever they wanted so you can't look that closely at it.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only was I drunk for the Wyoming game, but I don't remember walking to the stadium from the tailgate at all and really don't remember any of the first half. I did go back and watch it on 60 min replay on Pac12N though.

I think it's more about the Rutgers game as that one had enough problems to matter what was called. The other two they could work on whatever they wanted so you can't look that closely at it.

I think you mean Montana, haha.

I feel you. I did my undergrad at UW and to this day, I don't believe I've ever been in that stadium sober. Definitely not post-renovation. It's almost unfortunate because I usually get so loaded before the games that I can't really fully appreciate it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you mean Montana, haha.

I feel you. I did my undergrad at UW and to this day, I don't believe I've ever been in that stadium sober. Definitely not post-renovation. It's almost unfortunate because I usually get so loaded before the games that I can't really fully appreciate it.
If you party at all in the big lot, or at least pass it on the way in, you've passed our little party bus. It's that old purple school bus that parks right in the exit lane instead of the actual parking lot. All the coeds have to pass it on the way in.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on the Rutgers thing. Also I think the fact that I was only capable of objective judgement in my observations against Rutgers makes me worry more. I'm also furious that I have to watch the end of this fucking Oklahoma - Baylor blowout until Comcast will switch to UW-Colorado.

Apparently you can stream it on FS2, but I'd have to rely on my wifi and hook it up to a HDMI cord to my TV. Told myself I'd stay in tonight and not go to the bars or a party to watch the game, immediately regretting that now.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you party at all in the big lot, or at least pass it on the way in, you've passed our little party bus. It's that old purple school bus that parks right in the exit lane instead of the actual parking lot. All the coeds have to pass it on the way in.

Oh shit, no way? Yeah, I'd always be walking from Greek Row. I've definitely passed that old bus at least a thousand times.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit, no way? Yeah, I'd always be walking from Greek Row. I've definitely passed that old bus at least a thousand times.
Then you've walked right past me a bunch then.

:suds:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you've walked right past me a bunch then.

:suds:

Man, that's fuckin' crazy. Small world! Your bus? What's the story behind it? Always assumed there had to have been a cool story behind that. Really would love to hear the story behind that bus, if you know it. I'm not kidding you when I tell you I think some of my worst drunken moments were after passing that bus, lol.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that's fuckin' crazy. Small world! Your bus? What's the story behind it? Always assumed there had to have been a cool story behind that. Really would love to hear the story behind that bus, if you know it. I'm not kidding you when I tell you I think some of my worst drunken moments were after passing that bus, lol.
Well I don't own it, but I've been going on it off and on for more than a decade.

That's a 1967 school bus that was originally painted white with a big purple W on it when it first started going to the games in 1980. It was originally done by the mom of the guy that owns it now. He's no longer able to keep putting money into it so a group that has gone on it for years pools up the money to pay for it and keep the legacy alive.

Bus leaves from a bar near Burien in the south end about 3 hours before kick off every game. We normally drink a bunch at that bar before leaving, pass around some fireball and other bottles as we are pulling out and someone in the back passes up beer anytime you need one. It is fully catered for food as well and a fair amount of gambling.

It gets that cherry parking spot because it has been going there forever and the head parking guy posts right ahead of that spot and holds it for us every week.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all worked out well in the end. Wilcox did a fabulous job of fixing the Husky D after the abysmal performance under Holt and his crew. I'll always respect him for that.

Wilcox is a perfect fit for Cal at this point. I think he was made a scapegoat for USC fans bloated expectations vs. how many years it was going to take of full recruiting classes to get them playing serious defense again after the sanctions.
He's in a really good place right now. He's got a nice crew of assistants. They'll being recruiting well for sure. And it will be pretty sweet for him when they beat USC and their crybaby fans have the usual meltdown.

Huskies with Petersen has been a marriage made in heaven. Couldn't of found a more perfect fit for the school's culture and the fanbase. It's amazing how after all the years of suffering, we finally hit the mother lode with a coach hire.

Enjoy the ride dawgs.