• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remaining Schedule

NewcastleKEG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oct 5th: vs Maryland
Oct 19th: @ Clemson
Nov 2nd: vs Miami
Nov 30th: @ Florida

As uninspiring as our defense has looked and our consistency at starting slow, we might slip up against NC state or Syracuse. But these are our 4 remaining games vs ranked opponents.

Maryland: Win
Clemson: Lose
Miami: ?
Florida: Lose

Either way it looks like a Chick Fil A bowl appearance for us.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we'll lose to Florida this year. They don't look that great.

I could see losing to Clemson, but if we beat Clemson, NC State is a sleeper game.

I also don't see us losing to Miami, but it will be close.

I think the BC game will be a good game to learn from (hopefully). Maryland will be a our first true challenge.

Here's a good article on how the defense isn't doing to well.

Florida State Football: Defense lays egg vs. Eagles | isportsweb

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watch the JF presser today he stated that the defensive problems in the BC games were eyes looking into the backfield and some technique on the DL. Terrance Brooks was the culprit on both pass back plays. Looking into the backfield.

We also played a LOT of new guys this game. Thomas, Ilegwe, Hollin, Andrews(due to Hunter being out), and so on. A lot more than we have in the past 3 games. They usually come in with the 2nd team.

Good news Mario Edwards will be playing this weekend.

Do not fret too much. JF said that they were trying different personnel combinations all game long.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know they were trying new personnel combinations and schemes. That makes the game seem a little better.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No big deal really. I think they were trying to figure out which combos would work if other starters are out due to injury. I would not do that during a game, but I am not the HC.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No big deal really. I think they were trying to figure out which combos would work if other starters are out due to injury. I would not do that during a game, but I am not the HC.

Honestly, that's the only time to really test it out. Also, it shows a lot of confidence in your offense to if you do that. It may have back fired, but it probably boosted the shit out of the offenses confidence to do that. You can try it in practice all you want, but nothing compares to an actual game.

Old Nole Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't fret just yet. Four starters on defense were out against BC. Two on suspension for one game,two on injuries. All will be back this week except Hunter. When you play fourteen freshmen in the rotation,mistakes will be made. The defense needs to execute better and have the discipline to stay on assignments ! The offensive line play has been erratic to say the least on the run game and the pass protection average. That won't be good enough to beat Clemson at their place. Maryland hasn't been tested yet and probably for a half challenge FSU. FSU's depth should take over in the second half . Go Noles

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, FSUManager and Old Nole Fan both called this pretty much. Man what a game. I can't believe how bad of a beating that was. Now, is it a good thing or a bad thing that we have 2 weeks off for Clemson. I know, usually it's a good thing, but sometimes it can bite you in the butt.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't fret just yet. Four starters on defense were out against BC. Two on suspension for one game,two on injuries. All will be back this week except Hunter. When you play fourteen freshmen in the rotation,mistakes will be made. The defense needs to execute better and have the discipline to stay on assignments ! The offensive line play has been erratic to say the least on the run game and the pass protection average. That won't be good enough to beat Clemson at their place. Maryland hasn't been tested yet and probably for a half challenge FSU. FSU's depth should take over in the second half . Go Noles

Just a correction. Jones and Goldman had their suspension for the Bethune-Cookman game. The only two starters we were missing on the D was Hunter for his neck and Mario Edwards due to his hand having a plate and screws put in it.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, FSUManager and Old Nole Fan both called this pretty much. Man what a game. I can't believe how bad of a beating that was. Now, is it a good thing or a bad thing that we have 2 weeks off for Clemson. I know, usually it's a good thing, but sometimes it can bite you in the butt.

The DL did a much better job of pinching the gaps closed. Timmy Jernigan had a damn good game. It was nice to see the entire DL working again. I was also very happy to see Darby starting at CB since Ramsey is now our 2nd starting safety with Terrence Brooks. Darby was great last year and will be very pivotal against Clemson.

As far as a bye week. I love it. We have had Oklahoma the week before Clemson the previous 2 years while everyone else had a bye week before our game. I listened to Jimbo today in a radio interview by Jack Arute and he said they are NOT doing any Clemson prep this week. They are treating this week as a mini camp working on fundamentals. He said they will start the prep for Clemson on Sunday. This should help get anyone that is a little dinged up back to near 100%. Hope it pays dividends. Not sure what to make of this upcoming game. We have a better offense than UGA(overall) and a better defense against the pass than UGA does. Clemson is a passing team, but we have to contain Boyd and keep their running game locked down. I am definitely at a 50/50 on this one.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU is favored by 3 this weekend. WTF? Didn't see that coming. Clemson is ranked higher and it's at Clemson. I don't know what's going on.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU is favored by 3 this weekend. WTF? Didn't see that coming. Clemson is ranked higher and it's at Clemson. I don't know what's going on.

Vegas is looking for easy money. That is the reason for the line right now. If you look at the win difference between the 2 BC games it was 4 points with FSU winning by 4 more points than Clemson did. It is all a numbers game for Vegas to make money.

Old Nole Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just shows you can't believe everything you read on the FSU posts.That being said, what ever problems that occurred in the BC game were not apparent in the Maryland game.