• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Regular season thread

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the one saying the Raiders' win against the Jets was the most impressive win of week 2. You are. When you say something like that I would call that a pretty bold statement. I know you won't hype up the Broncos and anything they do. Again if you guys did that to the Cowboys you would be going crazy at how quality of a win that was. If your defense held Ezekiel Elliot (maybe the best RB in the NFL) to only 8 yards rushing you would be saying your defense was top-5 if not the best in the league. Broncos do it and it is only a good win not great compared to the Raiders beating the Jets.
This why I say the RAIDERS win was impressive? They have good defensive talent, and Carr and Crabs swiss cheesed them with only 28 passes. Then Lynch busting them up and getting his TD. Along with Patterson and Richard housing long TDs runs. It just looked like a video game man. That game was like If i was playing Madden.

And I never really hype any team in the league but the RAIDERS. Oh other teams have good games and all. I never said they don't. You guys had a very good game against the Cowboys cd.

You guys have a vet defense cd, that's been good for a bit already. Stack the box and force Dak and Dez to beat you guys in Denver. Yeah ok!

The RAIDERS defense is young and being built through the draft. And they did stop Murray and Henry and that's not easy to do. You seen what they did to that VERY good Jags defense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This why I say the RAIDERS win was impressive? They have good defensive talent, and Carr and Crabs swiss cheesed them with only 28 passes. Then Lynch busting them up and getting his TD. Along with Patterson and Richard housing long TDs runs. It just looked like a video game man. That game was like If i was playing Madden.

And I never really hype any team in the league but the RAIDERS. Oh other teams have good games and all. I never said they don't. You guys had a very good game against the Cowboys cd.

You guys have a vet defense cd, that's been good for a bit already. Stack the box and force Dak and Dez to beat you guys in Denver. Yeah ok!

The RAIDERS defense is young and being built through the draft. And they did stop Murray and Henry and that's not easy to do. You seen what they did to that VERY good Jags defense.

You keep saying they have good defensive talent. They have like 2-3 guys that I would say are good. Wilkerson and Leonard Williams are proven talented players. Darron Lee is not a good player. His rookie year was a disaster. Among rookie LB's he graded out as the worst rookie linebacker in the NFL as a rookie.

Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye are rookies and making some rookie mistakes. They have talent but it will take time for them to fully reach that potential. CB wise Claiborne and Skrine are a terrible CB pair. So yeah the Jets right now have 2-3 players on defense and that is about it. The rest are JAGS that they will be looking to replace or hoping will grow as rookie/2nd year players.

Think about it. The Bills honestly have a terrible offense. I"ve been scouting them for the Broncos' game this week and the Jets gave up 21 points to them. Carolina (yes they have a good defense) gave up 3 and that was the Bills getting lucky. So no I"m sorry you cannot get away with saying the Jets have a good defense. They don't. Right now defensively they have given up the 3rd most yards and have allowed the most points of any team through 2 games. Even New Orleans has given up fewer points.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep saying they have good defensive talent. They have like 2-3 guys that I would say are good. Wilkerson and Leonard Williams are proven talented players. Darron Lee is not a good player. His rookie year was a disaster. Among rookie LB's he graded out as the worst rookie linebacker in the NFL as a rookie.

Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye are rookies and making some rookie mistakes. They have talent but it will take time for them to fully reach that potential. CB wise Claiborne and Skrine are a terrible CB pair. So yeah the Jets right now have 2-3 players on defense and that is about it. The rest are JAGS that they will be looking to replace or hoping will grow as rookie/2nd year players.

Think about it. The Bills honestly have a terrible offense. I"ve been scouting them for the Broncos' game this week and the Jets gave up 21 points to them. Carolina (yes they have a good defense) gave up 3 and that was the Bills getting lucky. So no I"m sorry you cannot get away with saying the Jets have a good defense. They don't. Right now defensively they have given up the 3rd most yards and have allowed the most points of any team through 2 games. Even New Orleans has given up fewer points.
They can't move the ball on offense enough so the defense gets exposed. Talent they have of defense they just don't have the offense to back them up. Same thing will happen to the Jags, Giants, 9ers, etc, etc.
Even you guys last year couldn't move the ball on offense and the defense couldn't do it alone. In todays game you NEED offense or that defense will get exposed.

And we will see what the Bills do on offense and defense when you guys play them. Different team different game.

We have the Redskins. And let me guess? They have NO talent right?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't move the ball on offense enough so the defense gets exposed. Talent they have of defense they just don't have the offense to back them up. Same thing will happen to the Jags, Giants, 9ers, etc, etc.
Even you guys last year couldn't move the ball on offense and the defense couldn't do it alone. In todays game you NEED offense or that defense will get exposed.

And we will see what the Bills do on offense and defense when you guys play them. Different team different game.

We have the Redskins. And let me guess? They have NO talent right?

The Bronco defense still held up as a top-5 unit in the NFL last year and the best passing defense even though they were playing behind a good chunk of games. So while yes an inept offense hurts the defense it is not to the tune that we have seen the Jets and still be able to call them a good unit with talent. They have 2-3 players that are good and the rest are down right terrible. Good teams should be able to scheme to beat that type of defense with ease just like the Raiders did. They did what good teams do to bad teams. That is about what I expected the Raiders to do. Early on Jets would hang around for a bit but as the game wore on the Raiders would pull away.

As for the Redskins they are a better team than the Jets for sure. Offensively they have a very solid OL with maybe the best LT in football in Trent Williams. They have some nice weapons in Jordan Reed, Terrelle Pryor, and I think Josh Doctson can be an underrated player. Kirk Cousins is an above average QB that can take advantage of bad defenses. Run game wise Rob Kelley is ok as a RB.

Defensively not exactly an impressive unit. Nobody really sticks out as a great player other than maybe Josh Norman and even he can be exposed when left on an island. I somewhat like the DL they have in McGee, Hood, and Allen. The linebacking core though leaves a lot to be desired and their safeties are nothing that should scare anyone.

So I could see the game turn into a bit of a shoot out.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bronco defense still held up as a top-5 unit in the NFL last year and the best passing defense even though they were playing behind a good chunk of games. So while yes an inept offense hurts the defense it is not to the tune that we have seen the Jets and still be able to call them a good unit with talent. They have 2-3 players that are good and the rest are down right terrible. Good teams should be able to scheme to beat that type of defense with ease just like the Raiders did. They did what good teams do to bad teams. That is about what I expected the Raiders to do. Early on Jets would hang around for a bit but as the game wore on the Raiders would pull away.

As for the Redskins they are a better team than the Jets for sure. Offensively they have a very solid OL with maybe the best LT in football in Trent Williams. They have some nice weapons in Jordan Reed, Terrelle Pryor, and I think Josh Doctson can be an underrated player. Kirk Cousins is an above average QB that can take advantage of bad defenses. Run game wise Rob Kelley is ok as a RB.

Defensively not exactly an impressive unit. Nobody really sticks out as a great player other than maybe Josh Norman and even he can be exposed when left on an island. I somewhat like the DL they have in McGee, Hood, and Allen. The linebacking core though leaves a lot to be desired and their safeties are nothing that should scare anyone.

I'm done dude, long day and all. There's a lot on this post I would like to debate, but ya know?? Them ZZzz are calling.. Till the next time.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New York Jets are the worst team in the league if you believe the Power Rankings on ESPN, CBS, Sports Illustrated, USA Today and the NFL Network to name a few. Most of these rankings have the Cowboys in the top ten.

Yeah....sure.....the Raiders had the better win.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New York Jets are the worst team in the league if you believe the Power Rankings on ESPN, CBS, Sports Illustrated, USA Today and the NFL Network to name a few. Most of these rankings have the Cowboys in the top ten.

Yeah....sure.....the Raiders had the better win.
I'm not saying the Jets were the better win, not at all. That's not my argument. Impressive win is what I'm talking about..

Big plays on defense and explosive plays on offense. Marshawn punishing fronts, 50 yard TDs runs. It was like a video game. Now you factor in me being a RAIDER fan? well, ya know.

The Jets are not some great team right now, but I never talk down other teams or fans. In this league when you win, it's a great win and when you lose you move on and start the hype all over again.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Bronco defense held up a bit it just wasn't enough. You can't WIN in this league without offense. Points win in this league, and most of those points come from the offensive side of the ball.. Offense will win the SB again this year.

The Redskins are a dangerous team cuz they have talent on both sides of the ball. They can score points and make some plays on defense. And that's all you need in this league. That's the kind of team that can beat ANY team in the league if that other team ain't ready. They have a QB and talent around him.
We have an old school mean nasty team, while they have the same. Good matchup.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's only 16 games in a season and we play in the AFCW. Every game is a big game!
Shoot, 12-4 didn't even get us the division last year for crying out loud. Never overlook anybody in this league.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying the Jets were the better win, not at all. That's not my argument. Impressive win is what I'm talking about..

Big plays on defense and explosive plays on offense. Marshawn punishing fronts, 50 yard TDs runs. It was like a video game. Now you factor in me being a RAIDER fan? well, ya know.

The Jets are not some great team right now, but I never talk down other teams or fans. In this league when you win, it's a great win and when you lose you move on and start the hype all over again.

Fair enough, Idaho.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy what good coaching has done for the Rams!
Goff looks like the number 1 pick.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, once again I come with the keys to the game.
Ain't nothing new here baby!
Run the ball, stop the run and HIT the QB!! Simple really.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game Day!

Hmmm, seems like football is becoming less fun now days.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is a small part on why the NFL is dying? It clear to anybody watching the Denver Bills game, that the Refs are helping the Broncos in this game.. It's funny how they don't even hide it anymore..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is a small part on why the NFL is dying? It clear to anybody watching the Denver Bills game, that the Refs are helping the Broncos in this game.. It's funny how they don't even hide it anymore..
WWE football baby.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, what a job the Refs are doing! Damn shame!!

Well, looks like the Texans are playing good ball right now. No Refs in this game YET

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never overlook ANYBODY!! Respect everybody, or you will LOSE!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO RAIDERS! BEAT THE REDSKINS!!