• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Regin and Bouchard to Hawks for 4th?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another year, another older center to try to run that second line. Pirri back to rot in rockford, 11 points in 28 games. Regin has 7 points in 44 games. Cheap pickup, more salary dumps from a team that will struggle to stay at the cap minimum unless they retain salary.

You watch Ben Smith win faceoffs at the righty dot, but Q wont break up that fourth line to let Smith try to keep up with Kane on offense. Now Regin and Zeus will share games, so at least there is another forward on the healthy scratch options.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything, I would have kept PMB up, think he is a bit more talened than Regin.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything, I would have kept PMB up, think he is a bit more talened than Regin.

yeah, but neither is more talented than Pirri. Regin is sitting at a -10, PMB at -9 while the Pirri knock is his defensive game and he sits at a +6.

We knew it was coming. Maybe we will get lucky and they will put Regin on that fourth line and let Smith play center for Kane. I doubt it, but I guess we can hold hope that there might be some master plan that includes our youth.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, but neither is more talented than Pirri. Regin is sitting at a -10, PMB at -9 while the Pirri knock is his defensive game and he sits at a +6.

We knew it was coming. Maybe we will get lucky and they will put Regin on that fourth line and let Smith play center for Kane. I doubt it, but I guess we can hold hope that there might be some master plan that includes our youth.

I wouldn't put too much stock in a players +/- when they are playing with the Islanders. The Islanders as a team is -33.

However, the two players the Hawks got in the trade aren't exactly the type of players that make you stand up and applaud. The upside is they only gave up a fourth round pick for two serviceable players. The downside is they gave up a fourth round pick for two dogs.

So, what does this mean in the long term scheme of things. It's already been reported in multiple sources that a handful of teams are looking to trade for Brandon Pirri.

Pirri's demotion again to AHL Rockford could be the following:

1 Sent back to Rockford to get playing time while the boys are off for the Olympic break (I think this is a very strong possibility). I'm not sure any roster moves can be made as of today Olympic opening ceremonies time until after the Olympics end. This to me sounds like a very high possible choice.

2 Hawks still not sold on Pirri, but considering he is only 22 he still may have a future with the Hawks. 50/50 on this one whether it's true or not.

3 Pirri's done with the Hawks. Stick a fork in him...he get's traded prior to the trade deadline.

Personally, I don't know anything about either of the two guys they got from the Islanders. It's a low risk trade...provided that Pirri still stays in the mix for the Hawks. I don't know what he's done to piss off Q and the brass that they don't think he's NHL/Blackhawks ready. For one thing, play the damn kid more that a couple of games and see what he can do more long term. Sure, he may make a few mistakes, but isn't that what coaching is for? He doesn't seem to be uncoachable. When they felt he was lacking defensively, they bitched about that. Then when he concentrated more on being defensively responsible, they weren't happy about him not being a big enough offensive threat.

I'm in idiot's corner on this one. Play the kid already. Play him on the fourth line and move Ben Smith up to second line center for the time being. Or if you want to do something different, move Brandan Saad up to left wing on the first line and move Sharpie to second line center. Damn, I see Sharpie taking a handful of faceoffs already and he's pretty damn good at it and he's done it before.

I don't hate this trade. But I do hate that Brandon Pirri is getting jacked around by the Hawks and replaced by a guy with less upside than he has.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate this trade. But I do hate that Brandon Pirri is getting jacked around by the Hawks and replaced by a guy with less upside than he has.

I dont care for the mentality every year, I didnt agree that Regin should have been in the lineup the one game Kane was not playing, thought Pirri could have kept some cohesion, but he showed an eastern conference playing mentality, he chased pucks to the boards, battled in the corners and had net presence late. Maybe my hopes will be realized with alot of line juggling today and Regin can end up playing on that fourth line and give Smith a shot at centering the second line.

I think Bickell finally got the message, but Kane setting him up for that open net was just a huge lift for Bickell. Bollig was sat for a period and a half for his first minute stupid penalty, but when Regin was out on first line PP opportunity I was scratching my head again.

I dont know if he can jump up to be that second line center, but I saw some eastern conference mentality and playing physical that I liked.