• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Videos & Film Study

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good primer for one gap vs two gap 34 scheme

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good explanation by Bullock. I have had posts about this in the past. Personally I like the one gap system. That is what Barry supposedly employed last year. Two gap you have to read and react, one gap is a straight up attacking defense. Attack your hole. Of course you still have to defeat your blocker, something we were not real good at on the Dline and at least early Compton was Velcro to his blocker. Secondly although it sounds easy ... attack HERE guys still try to do too much and don't honor their responsibility.

I am also a fan of the double A gap blitz look. There are so many things you can do out of that look. Blitz both, drop both, blitz one, twist one of the ILB with a DT, blitz both ILBs and drop a DT into zone. You can disguise a lot of things out of this set.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just found some new Redskins Film breakdowns @ NFL Breakdowns

So an interesting thing on this was watching the kid from Dallas. He showed good feet but the center blocked the wrong way. He jumped one way and McClain jumped the other. On the second video, Dallas had a late movement/stunt on the line and the Eagles Oline missed the block. Still good feet by the McClain.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you check out the link at the top also ? They're old Film Sessions ... but new to us if we have not seen them before. he has 10 redskins articles

here are two examples

So an interesting thing on this was watching the kid from Dallas. He showed good feet but the center blocked the wrong way. He jumped one way and McClain jumped the other. On the second video, Dallas had a late movement/stunt on the line and the Eagles Oline missed the block. Still good feet by the McClain.

the only thing about about Marks example i do not like is ... were not the Giants & Eagles Oline starting backups most of the season ?

i cant remember ...

i do see the the Giants were having miserable time running the ball in 2016...would expect them to address that in the draft.

NFL Stats: by Team Category

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you check out the link at the top also ? They're old Film Sessions ... but new to us if we have not seen them before. he has 10 redskins articles

here are two examples

the only thing about about Marks example i do not like is ... were not the Giants & Eagles Oline starting backups most of the season ?

i cant remember ...

i do see the the Giants were having miserable time running the ball in 2016...would expect them to address that in the draft.

NFL Stats: by Team Category

Yes I thought the same thing watching the video in regards to Philly. I knew they had injury concerns and although video is nice two plays to not tell an entire story. Often I do not comment too much on these guys reviewing video because they try to use one or two plays to explain a game. Also my reason for pointing out McClain used good feet but he was up against poor play by the Oline in those two videos.

Sams observations about Jones are well known. He has good physical ability but he has to learn to read the blocks better. That doesn't happen a lot once you hit the NFL. By then you either have the ability or you don't. Jones predetermines too much. Good stuff though, fun to watch. Line play is the coolest thing in football, when done well.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1