• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins re-sign Zach Brown

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cerrato actually had a better winning percentage during his tenure than Bruce currently holds.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Follow me here. If the fans give their money to Dan, then isn’t it the fans who allow Allen to stay? If the fans stop spending money on this team, guess who gets fired.

I don't know how much Skins merchandise the NFL or Snyder profits from. But watching some games on tv and seeing what seems like more opposing fans at Fed Ex as opposed to Skins fans. Its gotta be evident that if the Skins aren't outright losing fans. That fans have become so filled with apathy and disgust that they've stopped investing their time and money into the Redskins.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Follow me here. If the fans give their money to Dan, then isn’t it the fans who allow Allen to stay? If the fans stop spending money on this team, guess who gets fired.
Fans love football, fans love the Redskins. That's why they are called fans. Danny boy himself is allowing Allen to stay at the moment, not the fans. You like that!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans love football, fans love the Redskins. That's why they are called fans. Danny boy himself is allowing Allen to stay at the moment, not the fans. You like that!

I don’t think you understand the motivation behind fandom or business.

Every fan roots for their team to win. Sometimes in order to get what you want in life, you have to make a hard decision. Going out and contributing to the stupidity of an organization is supporting their decisions, not the organization.

The motivation behind the business of the Redskins is to make money. If the fans turn off the Skin’s games or don’t show up to the games, or better yet, stop buying merchandise, the business will suffer and adjust.

If the fans are truly opposed to the direction of the team, force the change.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every fan roots for their team to win. Sometimes in order to get what you want in life, you have to make a hard decision. Going out and contributing to the stupidity of an organization is supporting their decisions, not the organization.

The motivation behind the business of the Redskins is to make money. If the fans turn off the Skin’s games or don’t show up to the games, or better yet, stop buying merchandise, the business will suffer and adjust.

Thing with that is, if they went a three year period with no one buying tickets, DAn is just the spiteful little turd enough to build the new stadium in Richmond where the fan WILL support him. Now for me that would be ok, since it would cut six hours or more driving time out when I do go to games. But by and large for the DC based fans that would be Dan flipping the middle finger, taking his ball and moving 3+ hours away.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I own and run a business so yes, I understand motivation and how it applies to business success. A few missing fans from the seats will not constitute change in Redskins Park. If you haven't figured that out by now, it would seem you don't understand how Danny boy works.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I own and run a business so yes, I understand motivation and how it applies to business success. A few missing fans from the seats will not constitute change in Redskins Park. If you haven't figured that out by now, it would seem you don't understand how Danny boy works.

You seem to think I am referring to a few. I am talking mass outrage.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to think I am referring to a few. I am talking mass outrage.

I'm not buying any merchandise anymore nor am I making my yearly trip to see a home game this season... basically all I can do to express my displeasure with the direction of the team aside from bitching on this forum and letting the beat reporters have it on twitter

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have to slightly disagree here.

A few missing fans as you put it, has been a motivator in Dan making or blessing some very boneheaded moves directly designed to get those missing fans back in the seats.

Its all fine and good from a ticket/concessions sales standpoint if season ticket holders scalp the tickets they already paid for to Steelers and Eagle fans for less than face value because Dan already made his nut.

But the big name signings of the past, as well as things like the trade for Griffin were just as much about drawing in the home crowd fans as it was about trying to improve the on field product. How likely are Eagles, Giants or Steelers fans to shop in the team store on a sunday and buy Redskins gear?? These arent the folks shelling out $5k a season for club level seats.

Fact, when Dan bought the team, the wait list to get season tickets was 7-25 years long depending on the section. Fedex was literally sold out every game. The fact that they removed or covered 15% of the seats is telling from a business standpoint.

The worst thing from a money standpoint for this team currently is the developing fan apathy.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to slightly disagree here.

A few missing fans as you put it, has been a motivator in Dan making or blessing some very boneheaded moves directly designed to get those missing fans back in the seats.

Its all fine and good from a ticket/concessions sales standpoint if season ticket holders scalp the tickets they already paid for to Steelers and Eagle fans for less than face value because Dan already made his nut.

But the big name signings of the past, as well as things like the trade for Griffin were just as much about drawing in the home crowd fans as it was about trying to improve the on field product. How likely are Eagles, Giants or Steelers fans to shop in the team store on a sunday and buy Redskins gear?? These arent the folks shelling out $5k a season for club level seats.

Fact, when Dan bought the team, the wait list to get season tickets was 7-25 years long depending on the section. Fedex was literally sold out every game. The fact that they removed or covered 15% of the seats is telling from a business standpoint.

The worst thing from a money standpoint for this team currently is the developing fan apathy.

Outrage is the step directly before apathy...

many of us have reached the outrage stage.

one issue is the existence of revenue sharing so while the redskins might not be selling too much merchandise the eagles are probably killing it, even in DC with Wentz leading the way in jersey sales....

The media has a responsibility to throw that in Snyders face and embarrass him. However, Snyder owns a lot of the media in the area and you cant really shit on your boss can you?

I also think that it is bullshit that he owns the fan and perhaps some unethical loophole. Its got to be some kind of anti trust or at least a blow to freedom of the press which is protected in the 1st amendment.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying any merchandise anymore nor am I making my yearly trip to see a home game this season... basically all I can do to express my displeasure with the direction of the team aside from bitching on this forum and letting the beat reporters have it on twitter

Well done then.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well done then.

Got to be honest, these days about 60% of the reason I will probably still make that trek is that I take my dad to the games. But I refuse to buy another player jersey, and I gave up my season tickets in 2014 and just get them from Stub hub or one of the other places, or last resort scalp them. And we tailgate in one of the offsite lots.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cerrato actually had a better winning percentage during his tenure than Bruce currently holds.

Vinny Cerrato - 2002-2009 - Redskins 52 wins/65 losses = .444 winning percentage
Bruce Allen - 2009-Present - Redskins 45 wins/66 losses/1 tie = .401 winning percentage

That's not counting the 2 years Cerratto was with the Skins 1999 and 2000. Now 1999 was Charlie Casserly's last year GMing the Skins, but I believe all the big name FA moves of 2000, Deion, Mark Carrier, Bruce Smith, Jeff George, were all Cerrato moves at the behest of Snyder. And despite the fact that the Skins only scored 29 TDs and attempted 30 FGs in 2000. The FG kicking curse that plagued this team for over a decade (and some would say still plagues us. Thanks Dan for your totally shitty handling of the Dan Turk (RIP) bad snap of the 99 playoffs) kicked into full gear in 2000 when the Skins went through not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, but 5 FG kickers in the regular season of 2000. That started out at 6-2, but hobbled into the finish line going 2-6 the last 8 games of the season for a 8-8 finish.

So Cerrato's won/loss record with the Skins should, at least imo, read as 60 wins/73 losses or a .451 winning percentage.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing with that is, if they went a three year period with no one buying tickets, DAn is just the spiteful little turd enough to build the new stadium in Richmond where the fan WILL support him. Now for me that would be ok, since it would cut six hours or more driving time out when I do go to games. But by and large for the DC based fans that would be Dan flipping the middle finger, taking his ball and moving 3+ hours away.

He would almost certainly be ceding a good portion of the DC market to the Ravens.

Redskins own the market, but Ravens making airwaves - The ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/redskins-own-the...

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would almost certainly be ceding a good portion of the DC market to the Ravens.

Redskins own the market, but Ravens making airwaves - The ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/redskins-own-the...

Well the more he continues to sell hope in March, and deliver despair in December, the fan attrition to apathy and switches to the Ravens will continue. As I have mentioned, he has conditioned the fab base to accept that roster flipping every three or four years is the normal Healthy thing for the Redskins.