• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins Misc News & Info

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Immediate Release

April 5, 2017

REDSKINS ANNOUNCE 2017 DRAFT FESTIVITIES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – Washington Redskins fans are invited to attend the Redskins’ annual Draft Day Party at FedExField on Saturday, April 29. Fans are also welcome to enter and cheer on those participating in the Redskins’ Draft Day Dash 5K.

Admission and parking for the Draft Day Party are free for all fans. Fans will be admitted through the Comcast SportsNet Gate (Gate H) at 11 a.m. and the event will conclude at 3 p.m. Parking lots open at 10 a.m. For more details on the Draft Day Party and to register for the event, visit www.redskins.com/DraftDay. Fans will receive an e-ticket upon registration to be scanned when entering FedExField.

The Draft Day Party will feature the debut of the 2017 Redskins Cheerleaders and the team’s first three draft picks. A group of current and former Redskins players will also be on hand to sign autographs and take pictures, schedules permitting.

Fans can enjoy live music and entertainment on the playing field while watching the NFL Draft on the high definition video boards. Attendees can tour the Redskins’ locker room, test their passing and kicking skills, dress like a Redskins player and take pictures with the Super Bowl trophies. Coca-Cola, PMSI and other Redskins partners will provide activities for fans throughout the day.

The Draft Day Dash 5K presented by Shoppers Food and Pharmacy will kick off at 9 a.m. in Lot H with a pre-race party featuring the Redskins Cheerleaders, alumni, drumline, complimentary pre-race snacks and more. The race will begin at 10:30 a.m., and the course will lead participants around the parking lots and through the stadium to finish on field on the 50-yard-line. All participants will receive an official burgundy or gold Draft Day Dash t-shirt, finisher medal and more.

Redskins alumni Clinton Portis and Santana Moss will be the captains of the Burgundy and Gold teams respectively, and will help start the race festivities as well as medal participants at the finish line. Space is limited and the race is expected to sell out. Fans interested in participating can sign up at www.redskins.com/5K.

Proceeds from the Draft Day Dash 5K will benefit the Redskins Charitable Foundation, whose mission is to make a positive impact on children in the greater Washington, D.C. area. The Foundation’s Draft Day Dash 5K School Challenge presented by the American Dairy Association Northeast will award the top three participating school teams with $10,000, $7,500 and $5,000 health and wellness grants to improve their school environments. More information on how to join the School Challenge can also be found atwww.redskins.com/5K.

The Women of Washington (WOW), the team’s official women’s platform, and Redskins Salute, the team’s official military appreciation platform, will host a VIP Draft Day Party in the press box for current or new members. There will be complimentary food and beverages, giveaways, and player meet and greets exclusively for WOW and Redskins Salute members. This is a private event. Members will be notified when they are able to RSVP. Please visit www.wowredskins.com and www.redskinssalute.comfor more information.

Fans can stay informed with up-to-the-minute Redskins Draft updates by downloading the Redskins’ official mobile app at www.redskins.com/app. The app can also be used to participate in a Redskins Draft Day Party scavenger hunt at FedExField for a chance to win prizes.

The Redskins Hall of Fame Store will be open and feature the 2017 New Era Draft Hat and Nike merchandise. Fans can also shop for new 2017 gear online at www.redskinsteamstore.com.

Fans are also encouraged to sign up for the Redskins Mock Draft Challenge. If a fan correctly predicts the Redskins’ first selection (currently the No. 17 overall selection), he or she will be entered to win complimentary Club Level season tickets for 2017. The contest ends on Thursday, April 27 at 5 p.m. ET. To make their selection, fans should visitwww.redskins.com/MockDraft.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Immediate Release

April 6, 2017

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVE

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster move:

The Redskins signed the following free agent:

OL John Kling

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Immediate Release

April 10, 2017

REDSKINS ANNOUNCE 2017 PRESEASON SCHEDULE

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The National Football League announced its 2017 preseason schedule today, and the Washington Redskins’ four-game slate features their preseason debut on the road against the Baltimore Ravens, their preseason home opener against the Green Bay Packers, a nationally televised home tilt against the Cincinnati Bengals and a road finale against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Three of the four games (at Baltimore, vs. Green Bay and at Tampa Bay) will be shown locally on NBC4 and Comcast SportsNet. Specific times for these games will be determined at a later date. The team’s third preseason game against Cincinnati will kick off in front of a nationally televised audience on FOX at 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 27.

All four games can be heard on the Redskins Radio Network, including on ESPN 980 and WMAL (105.9 FM/630 AM) in the Washington, D.C. metro area.

The Redskins’ preseason opener against the Ravens will take place at M&T Bank Stadium, the site of Washington’s 16-10 victory against Baltimore in Week 5 last season. The Redskins also won the teams’ last preseason meeting, a 31-13 victory in the 2015 preseason.

The Redskins will make their FedExField preseason debut the following week against the Packers. The Redskins dealt the Packers a 42-24 defeat on Sunday Night Football in Week 11 last season. The game will be the teams’ first preseason meeting since 1995.

The following week, the Redskins and Bengals will face one another in preseason competition for the ninth time since 1970. The game will be a rematch of the teams’ contest at London’s Wembley Stadium in Week 8 last season, a game in which the teams played to a 27-27 draw.

The Redskins will conclude the preseason in Tampa on Thursday, Aug. 31. This will mark the sixth time in the last seven years that Washington and Tampa Bay have closed the preseason against one another. Last year, the Redskins rushed for 245 yards in a 20-13 victory in their 2016 finale at Tampa Bay.

C9FG5k5V0AALAcY.jpg

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STATEMENT BY AN NFL SPOKESPERSON:

Trent Murphy of the Washington Redskins has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the 2017 regular season for violating the NFL policy on performance enhancing substances.

Murphy is eligible to participate in all offseason and preseason practices and games.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
April 17, 2017

WR Jamison Crowder

** The following is a transcript of a conference call with local beat reporters this afternoon.**

On his workouts with quarterback Kirk Cousins and his role in the offense:

“I mean the workouts that we had with Kirk, those went well. It was three days of pretty much just running routes and catching passes from Kirk. You know just going over some things that we feel like we can take advantage of as far as within the offense. That went well. I wouldn't necessarily say that I'm taking over or anything. I'm just making sure that I 'm doing my job and doing what I have to do to be an important role within the offense. You know, just making plays and helping out the team so we can get some wins.”

On his expectations of wide receivers Terrelle Pryor Sr. and Josh Doctson:

“My expectations from those guys is to make plays. Obviously, Terrelle has been in the league five, six years and he had a really big year last year for the [Cleveland] Browns. I'm excited to see Josh Doctson. He played two games last year came in and made a big play against Dallas [Cowboys]. Everybody knows he's pretty capable of making plays. I'm excited to play alongside those guys and all the other weapons that we have on offense. I think that we have unique guys all across the board. I'm just excited to go out there and help out as much as I can so that we can have a great season.”

On working with Jon Gruden in Tampa during the offseason:

“It was fun working with Jon Gruden. We spent time, maybe two to three hours a day in the film room. He made cut-ups of each individual player that was down there from the season. Like I said… we talked about some things that we could possibly incorporate into our offense, just so we can take advantage of things we see on the field. It was a good experience. It’s hard for me to compare the two, Jay and Jon, because obviously I haven’t been around John as long, it was just those few days, so I really can’t draw a compare or contrast between those two guys. It was a fun experience down there and I thought it was beneficial for everybody that was involved."

On if he sees his role increasing within the offense this year:

“I really don’t know. I don’t know as far as my role increasing or, really, it’s on the coaches. I’m just trying to make sure that I do what I can to be as much prepared for whatever situation the coaches put me in. I’m just going to roll with the flow and make sure I do what I have to do. If my role does increase, then I’m prepared for that. If it stays the same, then I’m prepared for that as well. We just have to see when the season gets here.”

On tight end Jordan Reed:

“Oh yeah, I mean with J- Reed he came down to Tampa as well and that was the last time I talked to him. That’s been a few weeks back. But he looked good, looked in shape and everything, said he felt great and obviously everyone knows what J- Reed brings to the offense. He’s listed as a tight end but he’s more of a receiver-type guy as far as his route running and the way that he catches the football and the way that he can make plays after the catch. I mean, like I said, I look forward to playing alongside with J-Reed [and] just being one of the guys that just plays off of him because everybody knows that he’s going to make plays and he’s going to help out the offense as much as possible.”

On keeping his body healthy during the offseason:

“I mean, just in my short two years – two offseasons – I’ve learned just to kind of pace yourself. When I first was going into the draft and everything, that was the longest offseason just because I was prepping for [the NFL] Draft and Combine and Senior Bowl, stuff like that, but since last year I’ve learned that you have to find that time to let your body rest and let your body heal after the season, you know, because the season is so long and it’s such a grind. So you have to kind of pace yourself and find the times when you want to get back into training and knowing what to train on and on or just kind of tempo it, you know, just so you can kind of stay in shape and get ready for things like OTAs and things like that. So I’ve kind of learned the ropes or what I feel is best for my body as far as making sure that I’m prepared physically to be able to come back and be in shape ready to perform.”

On what part of his skill set that he worked on this offseason:

“Nothing too much, just route running and catching the football that’s the main thing. I'm making sure that I am getting stronger, doing some things, working out and trying to build speed but nothing too crazy. I know that each year I have to build on what I did last year. I’m just trying to make sure that I can find little things I can tweak to be better than what I was last year. Nothing too crazy, just route running and catching the football. That's pretty much it.”

On the Redskins passing game for 2017:

“I think it can still be very explosive like the previous two years I have been here. You look at [Terrelle] Pryor [Sr.] coming from (the) Cleveland [Browns]; he put up some big numbers last year with the [Cleveland] Browns. [Josh] Doctson, everybody is anxious to see what [Josh] Doctson is going to bring to the table. I have faith in him that he will be a huge weapon for us. Obviously with [Jordan] Reed and Vernon Davis, those guys had really good years last year and J-Reed [Jordan Reed] is J-Reed [Jordan Reed]. I feel like the offense can still be explosive if not more than it was last year.”

On what happens during the Offseason Program:

“We pretty much just work out and get reacquainted with the teammates. For this short little time period we have in the offseason a lot of us have been on our own, like training in Florida and I trained back in North Carolina for a little bit. It is really just getting reacquainted with everything and kind of refreshing yourself on the plays, working out with your teammates and just being in the building. Right now we are in phase one. That's where we are at right now. It’s exciting to come back and see your teammates and get that feeling that football is right around the corner even though it is still a while away. When OTAs start everything starts to move fast so it’s exciting.”

On how the Florida trip helped with chemistry with Terrelle Pryor Sr.:

“That was my first time interacting and meeting with Terrelle so that was the ice breaker. We would meet watch film and run routes. With our down time there were a few nights we went out to eat and sat around and talked to get to know each other. I feel that it was important as the ice breaker, just to introduce myself and so everybody can get to know Terrelle. We know that the chemistry is only going to grow as the season goes on and as OTAs progress because we will be around each other all the time so it’s only going to grow. I feel that the Florida trip was a good start and a good way to introduce ourselves to him.”

On if wide receivers Pierre Garçon and DeSean Jackson leaving will help quarterback Kirk Cousins spread the ball:

“I don’t know. I feel like he [Kirk Cousins] distributed the ball last year well. I feel it’s every receiver’s mentality, every receiver wants the ball but I feel that last year Kirk distributed the ball well. He did what the coaches asked of him to do.”

Last edited:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First schedule leak. Skins vs Giants Turkey Day night

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chipotle...lmao

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must remember to send Christmas card to Eagles for picking Barnett over Allen. Gotta admit, I think Boyz did well getting Taco. Engram's an exciting prospect, but I think he was a stretch for a 1st rounder.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must remember to send Christmas card to Eagles for picking Barnett over Allen. Gotta admit, I think Boyz did well getting Taco.
Gnats too, not looking forward to the addition of a talented TE with OBJ and Shepard

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1