• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st back to back winning seasons since the 90's . considering we were coming off a 3-13 and a 4-12 season i would say that is winning and progressing

You are beating your chest with 8 and 9 win seasons? I like Kc but you are comparing him with winning playoff QB's and that is not the case here.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are beating your chest with 8 and 9 win seasons? I like Kc but you are comparing him with winning playoff QB's and that is not the case here.
dean you are very foolish . first i am not comparing him with playoff winning qbs . i am not beating my chest either . he and the team are growing together . some improvements on defense and we could get 10 wins . now the fact that the 2 years previously we totaled 7 wins together speaks volumes

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you would have rather we stuck with the other guy and had more 3 and 4 win seasons?? Were is the logic in that??

Fact, the team win loss total has IMPROVED with Kirk under center. Fact we actually pulled off two positive seasons despite the defense getting WORSE over both periods, as well as the running game becoming less productive in the same period.

Still just boggles the mind that we are moving in a positive direction and people want to throw it away because they in the end want some on more exciting.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
once again according to scouts there are 10 legit qbs that can play at this level even your god SM was a scout best qb class in nfl history there are ifs and buts

History will show you 2 out of 10 first rounders will be as good as KC. These are the QBs that your scouts always promote.

1 out of 10 may be better than KC. Again, see your scouts.

Of those ten QBs, only three are 100% sure things to be in this draft. Technically, those three aren't 100% in this draft. They could get hurt early and get red-shirted.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this qb class is the omega qb class in the history of all qb classes whats so hard to understand this the 10 th best qb in this class would be a first round pick in other years qb class why is so hard to understand this why does shark and skindad say the scouts are wrong we know more

Would you like to bet all 10 of the QBs you are referring to are not in this draft and therefore are not in this class?

Something simple like...when I win, you have to start using punctuation and do so properly.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know for certain there haven't been some conversations behind closed doors? Not likely, but just because it hasn't been reported doesn't mean it hasn't happened.Both sides have a number in mind and I am feel like everybody knows where everybody is in that regard. We will find out soon enough what has or hasn't been offered. And once again, they tagged him. So that shows some sort of commitment.

Of course we do not. Now let me ask you this. If you were Bruce Allen and were making a fair offer, would you not have that made public?

The tag shows no commitment. The tag shows a lack of commitment because you are saying we only want you for one year. Next year, we hope to find a better option.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just wait until next week to make any assumptions on what has been offered and what hasn't. It looks like it isn't gonna get done, no real offer so far (publicly) but we will see. Once again, you guys are making assumptions that absolutely nothing has or will be offered by the FO. You are also making assumptions that KC is truly waiting or wanting a fair (not excessive) LTD by our organization and truly wants to be here LT.

You are absolutely correct. However - the OP constantly starts threads like this basically to stir up the pot. He then acts all naïve and acts like he is being picked upon. Guy is just a huge attention whore. Anyhow - I hope that this deal somehow gets done by Mon. HTTR

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people need to google the word value and worth its 2 differnt words and meaning is kc value 25 mill plus sure.... is he worth 25 mill plus elite pay hell no

Value- noun, regard that something is held to deserve.
Verb, estimate of monetary worth

Worth- adjective, equivalent In value to the sum or item specified
Noun, the value equivalent to that of someone under consideration

So how is value determined?

An important feature of a commodity is that its price is determined as a function of its market as a whole – by the interaction of market demand and market supply. ... The markets quickly respond to changes in supply and demand to find an equilibrium priceand quantity.

To summarize...the value of a starting QB is based on supply and demand. This offseason, last offseason, and next offseason, how many Pro Bowl QBs will have been available available?

The answer is one. How many teams in the NFL do not have a Pro Bowl QB and can use one? 22 or so?

How many teams have no real option at QB or future on the team? SF, LA Rams, Minnesota, Cleveland, Pittsburgh (Ben wants to retire), NYJ, Buffalo, and, JAX

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would have rather we stuck with the other guy and had more 3 and 4 win seasons?? Were is the logic in that??

Fact, the team win loss total has IMPROVED with Kirk under center. Fact we actually pulled off two positive seasons despite the defense getting WORSE over both periods, as well as the running game becoming less productive in the same period.

Still just boggles the mind that we are moving in a positive direction and people want to throw it away because they in the end want some on more exciting.

Im not for rg3 at all. Not my point. I know we are improving. Its not about something more exciting. Wait it out. You are making way too many assumptions.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not for rg3 at all. Not my point. I know we are improving. Its not about something more exciting. Wait it out. You are making way too many assumptions.

AS are many of you when you assume that...

1. We can find just as good if not a better QB easily in the draft.
2. That waiting will some how put the team in a better position SHOULD Kirk continue to improve
3. That waiting it out is some how the intelligent choice, when really its just a consequence of the team not being capable of admitting they already screwed this up.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we do not. Now let me ask you this. If you were Bruce Allen and were making a fair offer, would you not have that made public?

The tag shows no commitment. The tag shows a lack of commitment because you are saying we only want you for one year. Next year, we hope to find a better option.

Would he make it public before the signing period is over? He probably shouldn't. Would he ? Not sure. After the deadline is passed, yes, he should and would let everyone know.

Last I heard, they offered the tag, and KC signed it immediately. If they didn't think they could sign him LT then why would they offer him top dollar for a one year rental? Why wouldn't they at least entertain offers for a trade? Why wouldn't they just move on if they thought Colt was his equal? Spin it how you like, but they like Kirk enough to pay him top money for at least one more year. That counts for something.

Dan isn't gonna just pay somebody .. anybody ... $24 million if they are already pushing him out the door next year. They could have let him go, played Colt and/or Nate, tanked the season, and been in a position as some of you conspiracy theorists claim they are trying to do...to "chase elite". All of this while hedging their bets to draft some hot shot QB that they might not even be in a position (draft) to get.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they didn't think they could sign him LT then why would they offer him top dollar for a one year rental? Why wouldn't they at least entertain offers for a trade? Why wouldn't they just move on if they thought Colt was his equal? Spin it how you like, but they like Kirk enough to pay him top money for at least one more year.

Actually I think they tagged him with the hope that they could either get a long term deal done OR trade him for a boat load of picks. They used the exclusive tag because they wanted to be the ones who set the terms should any trade materialize.

You might like the house you are in enough to sign a one year lease, but that doesnt mean you like it well enough to take out a mortgage if its not really what you want in a house.

Also I dont think they really entertained the idea of tanking the season after they fired the GM. At the end of the day it still comes down to getting butts in the seats. And I highly doubt they would get those season ticket holders to anti up if they had fired the GM and let the QB walk in the same off season. Perception is reality for alot of folks. And Bruce is a master at presentation.

I think they are more than willing to play Kirk on the tag knowing that no matter the outcome, they probably plan to go in another direction barring Kirk performing in such a way that they have no choice but to retain him or look foolish.

As far as Dan not just paying some one, Dan has just paid plenty of people, hell he is still paying the GM they fired. Thats the irony of it, Dan is willing to throw money at a problem if he thinks thats what it will take, and rarely does he complain about money wasted. But if he really doesnt want some one around, he doesnt seem like the type to change his mind very often, and when he does it usually means some one bet their job to get it done.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would he make it public before the signing period is over? He probably shouldn't. Would he ? Not sure. After the deadline is passed, yes, he should and would let everyone know.

Last I heard, they offered the tag, and KC signed it immediately. If they didn't think they could sign him LT then why would they offer him top dollar for a one year rental? Why wouldn't they at least entertain offers for a trade? Why wouldn't they just move on if they thought Colt was his equal? Spin it how you like, but they like Kirk enough to pay him top money for at least one more year. That counts for something.

Dan isn't gonna just pay somebody .. anybody ... $24 million if they are already pushing him out the door next year. They could have let him go, played Colt and/or Nate, tanked the season, and been in a position as some of you conspiracy theorists claim they are trying to do...to "chase elite". All of this while hedging their bets to draft some hot shot QB that they might not even be in a position (draft) to get.

Why wouldn't he make it public if a fair offer was made? It makes him and the organization look better and makes KC look bad. If you don't think he knows the organization is being ridiculed by the media and the fans, then you are being naive.

They like KC enough to give it another year to find another alternative or give themselves a chance to get something from the team he goes to.

Monetarily, Dan would get obliterated for playing McCoy or Sudfeld. Again, you think it is about winning on the field. It isn't. It is about the mighty dollar.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are still talking about a qb that has not won 10 games in a season this is getting old

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are absolutely correct. However - the OP constantly starts threads like this basically to stir up the pot. He then acts all naïve and acts like he is being picked upon. Guy is just a huge attention whore. Anyhow - I hope that this deal somehow gets done by Mon. HTTR

Attention whore? I am just posting all points of view.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@coach_spurrier_1

Whats actually funny is, Dan has conditioned this fan base to think the only things worth getting excited over are big names and off season/draft moves. The idea of stability for the sake of actual improvement is a foreign concept. Cousins doesnt look as good on paper as some of these other options.

This is what Bruce was referring to as winning off the field.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i remember back in the day free agencie started we aalready had lb lavar out of nowhere skins signed lbs trotter and armstead i was like holy shit are lbs are trotter lavar and armstead i was like best lb core in history but guess what they sucked defense was awful it looked good on paper but on the field it was poop .. fed ex and rfk was always sold out but now when you watch skins games on tv fed ex looks empty .... we will see shark like dean said if a deal dont get done there is always after the season if kirk kicks ass he will get signed if he goes 8-8 and below he is gone even if he does not sign on monday theres one more chance after the season... if you make him the highest qb now and redskins go 4-12 the backlash would be big

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
point is shark we all under stand the winning on paper affect but if you sit and watch football on sunday other games beside redskins i have notice other teams qbs looking better then kirk but when i watch skins kirk sometimes under throws waits to long he dont look as good as others i seen keenun playing better then kirk. ive seen tryod taylor playing better then kirk sometimes ... you and others can call me names and stuff but this is what i see