• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then it must not have been stated as clearly as you meant.

Well, I don't think he was suggesting we cut EVERY single one of those LBs, or players for that matter. Just if we lose a couple guys here, a couple guys there..no big deal.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pryor would be a must , brown could be too , BB had his replacement drafted (moraeu ) TM might be gone too with anderson pick , roullier could replace lavou (or kujo if he shows ) long wont be expensive , foster wont either but if he is draft one as is compton

nothing that cant be overcome and we havent restructured anyone

Moreau isn't a sure thing. How about he plays a down in the NFL first?

Why won't Long be expensive? 5 million a season is a minimum.

We will carry four OLBs correct? Why won't we carry four next season? Drafting Anderson, who hasn't played a down in the NFL, doesn't mean a darn thing.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We will carry four OLBs correct? Why won't we carry four next season? Drafting Anderson, who hasn't played a down in the NFL, doesn't mean a darn thing.

Long wont be expensive because we never should have drafted him and he will be lucky to get offered a veteran minimum deal according to the swammy. :thumb:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

5 million is almost elite pay for a center per year , at most he is 3 mil and of course we have the season to figure out the rookies

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 million is almost elite pay for a center per year , at most he is 3 mil and of course we have the season to figure out the rookies

$5M a year is actually about middle of the pack these days for a solid starting center. Elite is the $7-9.5 range.

Side note, unless we give up 45-60 sacks, I think Long is a $4-6M a year center.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what ? bucky has an opinion . again show me a viable replacement bucky ? crickets

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is ignorant to think KC isn't worth 24 million a season.

I think this because the Redskins are actually paying him that this season, so they to believe he is worth at least that.

KC didn't manipulate the system. The system is in place to protect players from being screwed over on a year to year basis where injury is highly likely. Truthfully, once a contract expires, the player should be a FA. There shouldn't be tags because that affects their employment rights.

How many QBs have ever been franchised? 2...can you name the other one?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, he would be the eleventh best paid center in the league at 5 mil a season. That is hardly elite money which is ten mil a season.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is ignorant to think KC isn't worth 24 million a season.

I think this because the Redskins are actually paying him that this season, so they to believe he is worth at least that.

KC didn't manipulate the system. The system is in place to protect players from being screwed over on a year to year basis where injury is highly likely. Truthfully, once a contract expires, the player should be a FA. There shouldn't be tags because that affects their employment rights.

How many QBs have ever been franchised? 2...can you name the other one?

Romo, Brees, Cassell, Vick, Cousins

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can only pick one...

KC and whom?

Actually all the guys i listed have been franchised,

Now if you are asking which Qbs have been tagged twice...

Come on bro, you know my google skillz is strong, but I wouldnt even have to ask on that one.

Brees is the only other QB to ever be tagged twice,

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually all the guys i listed have been franchised,

Now if you are asking which Qbs have been tagged twice...

Come on bro, you know my google skillz is strong, but I wouldnt even have to ask on that one.

Brees is the only other QB to ever be tagged twice,

Maybe I should have said play under the tag. KC is only the second QB to ever play under the tag. The rest must have been signed.

Important? Cousins only 2nd QB to play year on franchise tag

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, that would be correct.

Again just pointing out how Bruce is letting his ego stand in the way of common sense, and a portion of the fan base has his back all the way.

It is absolutely absurd. Again, we are making history. He is the only QB ever to be FT back to back. He is only the second QB in history to play on the tag. Every other team has been smart enough to come to an agreement with their QB before the first tag is played, except SD. At least SD had Rivers in place...we have McCoy and Sudfeld. Think about that lunacy.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is absolutely absurd. Again, we are making history. He is the only QB ever to be FT back to back. He is only the second QB in history to play on the tag. Every other team has been smart enough to come to an agreement with their QB before the first tag is played, except SD. At least SD had Rivers in place...we have McCoy and Sudfeld. Think about that lunacy.

The only way I can even think this is logical is if they 100% know the following

1. Darnold will come out next year
2. Darnold is going to be the best QB EVER in the history of the NFL
3. We will be able to trade up and get Darnold
4. It wont matter what we give up for Darnold because he alone will win multiple Lombardi's.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just wait until next week to make any assumptions on what has been offered and what hasn't. It looks like it isn't gonna get done, no real offer so far (publicly) but we will see. Once again, you guys are making assumptions that absolutely nothing has or will be offered by the FO. You are also making assumptions that KC is truly waiting or wanting a fair (not excessive) LTD by our organization and truly wants to be here LT.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just wait until next week to make any assumptions on what has been offered and what hasn't. It looks like it isn't gonna get done, no real offer so far (publicly) but we will see. Once again, you guys are making assumptions that absolutely nothing has or will be offered by the FO. You are also making assumptions that KC is truly waiting or wanting a fair (not excessive) LTD by our organization and truly wants to be here LT.

I make the assumption an offer should have been made two months ago to get the discussions rolling if they truly wanted KC to sign. That is my assumption.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I make the assumption an offer should have been made two months ago to get the discussions rolling if they truly wanted KC to sign. That is my assumption.

Do we know for certain there haven't been some conversations behind closed doors? Not likely, but just because it hasn't been reported doesn't mean it hasn't happened.Both sides have a number in mind and I am feel like everybody knows where everybody is in that regard. We will find out soon enough what has or hasn't been offered. And once again, they tagged him. So that shows some sort of commitment.