• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins Free Agency 2017

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still have work to do. We need another WR to be honest. Perhaps Andre Holmes or Kamar Aiken. We lost two 1,000 yard WRs. Pryor is a heck of a start but we will have to sign another WR and pray that Doctson can help fill in some of those numbers.

Also, in addition to Logan, we need one more DLineman.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have enough for one more signing without making cuts. We made a pretty good dent

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have enough for one more signing without making cuts. We made a pretty good dent

I agree. We do need to make some cuts unfortunately. We need to get younger, healthier and more talented. Hall, Lauvao, RJF, and Paul would be the candidates here.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. We do need to make some cuts unfortunately. We need to get younger, healthier and more talented. Hall, Lauvao, RJF, and Paul would be the candidates here.

:fify:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, not every perceived hole needs to be filled.
We are fine at WR. We lost DJ and PG. We replaced one with Pryor and the other will be replaced by Doctson. Mo Harris also showed up last season. I may like this receiving group more than last seasons...and don't forget, our best weapon is a TE.

Our OL was good last season. We have a weakness at LG but competition can do wonders.

Our DL is hopefully improved already. And we signed a starting safety.

I wouldn't be shocked if we were done until after the draft.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, not every perceived hole needs to be filled.
We are fine at WR. We lost DJ and PG. We replaced one with Pryor and the other will be replaced by Doctson. Mo Harris also showed up last season. I may like this receiving group more than last seasons...and don't forget, our best weapon is a TE.

Our OL was good last season. We have a weakness at LG but competition can do wonders.

Our DL is hopefully improved already. And we signed a starting safety.

I wouldn't be shocked if we were done until after the draft.
Yeah, I'd like another DLinemen better than the 2 we got, but other than that, I think we're done with significant FA signings.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grading every deal of 2017 NFL free agency | PFF

S D.J. Swearinger to Washington Redskins
Actual: Three years, $13.5 million

PFF play-earned contract: Three years, $19.3 million, $5.5 million guaranteed

Grade: B

The D.J. Swearinger in Arizona was a different player than the one at the heart of every Houston coverage bust in his previous home. Washington needs to hope that’s a result of the player maturing and developing, rather than a peculiar scheme in Arizona that uniquely suited his play.

WR Terrelle Pryor to Washington Redskins
Actual: One year, $8 million

PFF play-earned contract: Three years, $15.3 million, $4.2 million guaranteed

Grade: B

Terrelle Pryor has near limitless upside. In just his first season playing WR, Pryor topped 1,000 receiving yards despite a sequence of poor QBs throwing him the ball in Cleveland. The league clearly isn’t quite ready to buy into the idea that he is worth a huge payday yet, but Washington at least put themselves at the head of the queue to re-sign him next season if he takes another step forward in development.

DI Stacy McGee to Washington Redskins
Actual: Five years, $25 million, $9 million guaranteed

PFF play-earned contract: Five years, $13.5 million, $5.1 million guaranteed

Grade: C

Stacy McGee had the best season of his career in 2016, but it was a radical departure to three mediocre-at-best years before that, and it lasted just 242 snaps before injury shut him down. The potential is there for him to be a productive player, but this is an expensive gamble.

TE Vernon Davis re-signs with Washington Redskins
Actual: Three years, $15 million, $7.5 million guaranteed

PFF play-earned contract: Three years, $7.2 million, $2.3 million guaranteed

Grade: D

2016 saw Vernon Davis rediscover something of a spark in the passing game, but his run blocking was ugly, receiving the worst PFF grade of his career in that area. As a second TE to Jordan Reed, Davis needs to be able to block better than he has over the past few seasons.

DI Terrell McClain to Washington Redskins
Actual: Four years, $21 million, $11 million guaranteed

PFF play-earned contract: Four years, $6.5 million, $2.5 million guaranteed

Grade: D

Terrell McClain was thrown to the wolves as a rookie in Carolina, and has never really recovered. He flashed the ability to be an intriguing sub-package disruptor for Dallas in 2016, but that is a lot of money for a player that has only flashed talent at best in his NFL career.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Brown & Jonathan Hankins are still out there on the market

giphy.gif

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd question whether the players they signed are significantly better or cheaper than Ricky Jean - not that I think he was anything special.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think both are better vs the run then what we have had

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Krush won't like this but -- Niles Paul needs a new team, lol. He can't block, he's a timid route runner and has hands of stone, please get healthy so we can cut you. No FA TE's needed, tons in the draft

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do we sign Tyrod Taylor?