• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reds Thread

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently we're in first place.

would someone informed please talk about it, lol.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the reds are in last place again.

what year are we "rebuilding" for?

in other words, they use the phrase "rebuilding" or "retooling"

ok, fine, what year do we plan on making a run at the playoffs and world series?

obviously not 2017, probably not 2018, so 2019?

let me know when I can pay attention again.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing Zack Cozart is finally good. That didn't take long.

I'm sure we'll move him for some more tremendous prospects.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Rebuilding"

The Cincinnati term used to string along the suckers that a cheap, incompetent franchise is actually trying to be competitive.

The Reds don't interest me whatsoever these days. I can't think of one player that really excites me on the roster. They've made basically zero progress since this "process" began 4 years ago. They still suck. They will continue to suck.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Rebuilding"

The Cincinnati term used to string along the suckers that a cheap, incompetent franchise is actually trying to be competitive.

The Reds don't interest me whatsoever these days. I can't think of one player that really excites me on the roster. They've made basically zero progress since this "process" began 4 years ago. They still suck. They will continue to suck.

The big issue they face is that they are in the same division as the Cubs and Cardinals. Epstein is obviously going to have the Cubs competitive for as long as he is there. And the Cardinals will never rest - They will continue to put a winning team on the field. The Reds will never have the FO talent to compete with either team.... And they'll never be able to blindly throw money at the problem either. I'm not sure it even matters though - Reds games are just a thing for families to do in the summer in Cincinnati. It's part of the culture. They'll probably figure out how to be average and then just hang at that spot for as long as possible....Make a playoff run every 10-12 years.

I've lost interest in baseball and I'll probably never be much of a fan going forward. Football is next for me.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big issue they face is that they are in the same division as the Cubs and Cardinals. Epstein is obviously going to have the Cubs competitive for as long as he is there. And the Cardinals will never rest - They will continue to put a winning team on the field. The Reds will never have the FO talent to compete with either team.... And they'll never be able to blindly throw money at the problem either. I'm not sure it even matters though - Reds games are just a thing for families to do in the summer in Cincinnati. It's part of the culture. They'll probably figure out how to be average and then just hang at that spot for as long as possible....Make a playoff run every 10-12 years.

I've lost interest in baseball and I'll probably never be much of a fan going forward. Football is next for me.
I think the Reds have a chance to be competitive in a few years honestly. They have some guys coming up that have talent. The problem is, will they play them or will they continue to hang on to old vets they need to move and play the young guys. Cozart, Schebler, Suarez are all guys that are going to have to be moved at some point to make room for the new guys. Senzel, Herrera, Winker, etc. He won't be there for a while, but that Hunter Greene kid they just took has top of the league stuff too.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still a thin line with this franchise though.... And if they do get good again, they need to learn when to let guys walk.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still a thin line with this franchise though.... And if they do get good again, they need to learn when to let guys walk.
I love Votto and he is still a great player, but it's going to be hard for us to compete as long as we are paying him so much.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Reds have a chance to be competitive in a few years honestly. They have some guys coming up that have talent. The problem is, will they play them or will they continue to hang on to old vets they need to move and play the young guys. Cozart, Schebler, Suarez are all guys that are going to have to be moved at some point to make room for the new guys. Senzel, Herrera, Winker, etc. He won't be there for a while, but that Hunter Greene kid they just took has top of the league stuff too.

This is exactly why I have zero faith. They already held onto guys like Phillips and Bruce way longer than they should have. Now that Cozart is finally halfway decent, it's time to move him as well. Votto is the only really good player on the team, and he's doing nothing but taking up payroll on a dumpster fire that needs to be playing the youngsters.

The Reds are always two years away from being two years away.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly why I have zero faith. They already held onto guys like Phillips and Bruce way longer than they should have. Now that Cozart is finally halfway decent, it's time to move him as well. Votto is the only really good player on the team, and he's doing nothing but taking up payroll on a dumpster fire that needs to be playing the youngsters.

The Reds are always two years away from being two years away.
Cozart is a FA after this year and with the year he is having, the Reds will be priced out on him, thank goodness.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Reds are on the same 30 year plan the Bengals are on. Expect some playoff wins in the next decade or so. The system works people.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro sports has become a form of entertainment more so than actual sport.

the reds are paid to be the bitch and take the fall so that better teams can go to the playoffs and keep big markets entertained. they are basically a farm team for the big clubs and they know it and they are ok with it. similar for the bengals.

sad, but true.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Reds exist only as something for Cincinnati families to do in the summer. People get all nostalgic about baseball, about the Reds, about listening to Reds on radio, a day at the park, etc., etc. Like most small market teams, if properly managed they'll make a run to the playoffs every decade or so..... Then they'll go back to sucking. People will still go to the games though. It's something to do.

Sure beats the Bengals though.... The NFL is set up so that basically any of the 32 teams has a chance to be as good as any of the other teams. Markets really don't make much difference (with the exception of primetime games). The small market Steelers are one of the most successful franchises ever and the large market Jets suck ass. Yet, the Bengals can't do anything but be average... And there isn't a lot of reasons to bring your family to see an average team at a stadium that is already falling apart while sitting next to a girl that is tossing her cookies after drinking liquor in Longworths parking lot.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Reds exist only as something for Cincinnati families to do in the summer. People get all nostalgic about baseball, about the Reds, about listening to Reds on radio, a day at the park, etc., etc. Like most small market teams, if properly managed they'll make a run to the playoffs every decade or so..... Then they'll go back to sucking. People will still go to the games though. It's something to do.

Sure beats the Bengals though.... The NFL is set up so that basically any of the 32 teams has a chance to be as good as any of the other teams. Markets really don't make much difference (with the exception of primetime games). The small market Steelers are one of the most successful franchises ever and the large market Jets suck ass. Yet, the Bengals can't do anything but be average... And there isn't a lot of reasons to bring your family to see an average team at a stadium that is already falling apart while sitting next to a girl that is tossing her cookies after drinking liquor in Longworths parking lot.

Sounds like a lot of experience you are speaking from.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news boys! Season is already over. Now we can get ready for some Bengal spring football!

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True dat! I felt it was over before it even began. Bullpen is still f'n horrible. Was just too outclassed by Washington in that series. I was pleasantly surprised by Bailey though, and while the offense STRIKES OUT A FREAKING LOT, they were pretty good outside facing the Cy Young Candidate.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-13!! Great year, so far.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we have any good players, we better trade them to a contender so we can "rebuild"