• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reds Thread

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can follow a team that's losing if they are following a plan to be better. This is something that should have happened 2 years ago, really. Not only would they be further along in their rebuilding, but they would have gotten WORLDS more in return for guys like Chapman, and could have probably traded BP much easier. Speaking of which, I was never, ever, a fan of re-signing him. I love him, and he's great to watch, but it was Barry Larkin all over again. Fan/owner sentiment over business sense.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with a 100 loss season or two if they build this team the right way. However, I have very little faith that the Reds FO can do that.

Kingspoint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what's the over/under? 60?

Kingspoint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can follow a team that's losing if they are following a plan to be better.

Always. As a Blazers season-ticket holder I've been pleasantly surprised, but still would have been pleased if we only won the projected 26 games, as the plan was right, the players were quality, metrics were used to obtain them, proper risks were taken, and the effort is there by the players. Stotts should get Coach-of-the-Year. Stotts managed to develop everyone at just the right amount of minutes, and still managed to win. (Lillard's incredible leadership and maturity allowed this environment to blossom). I don't have faith that Price can develop players, though SS was a great surprise last year.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always. As a Blazers season-ticket holder I've been pleasantly surprised, but still would have been pleased if we only won the projected 26 games, as the plan was right, the players were quality, metrics were used to obtain them, proper risks were taken, and the effort is there by the players. Stotts should get Coach-of-the-Year. Stotts managed to develop everyone at just the right amount of minutes, and still managed to win. (Lillard's incredible leadership and maturity allowed this environment to blossom). I don't have faith that Price can develop players, though SS was a great surprise last year.
It's not the coaches job in baseball to develop a player. Baseball is a bit different because of the minors. You have a place to develop players so that when they reach the majors they should be ready. That's not on price. That's on scouting, drafting, and minor league development.

Even if you had a better coach, let's say that works out to 8 more wins last year...the Reds still suck. You can't coach a bunch of crap and injured players. The problem was that after they went all in in 2012 with Choo and got ousted by the Giants after a 2-0 game lead, they needed to blow things up and start rebuilding at that point. They lost a lot of trade value in guys because of dragging their feet instead of understanding the landscape of baseball and being a small market/mid market team. Instead, the ownership kept placing band-aids on the roster to try and get lucky. It didn't work.

Kingspoint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the coaches job in baseball to develop a player. Baseball is a bit different because of the minors. You have a place to develop players so that when they reach the majors they should be ready. That's not on price. That's on scouting, drafting, and minor league development.
That's true. I said it wrong. A Manager can only stunt their growth. The fundamentals need to be there before they get to the Majors. Coaches help with the rest.

Kingspoint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, what a great Opening Day.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a club!

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't look now, but Dusty Baker has the Nats in 1st place.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when one of our "prospects" matures and goes to another team, that will be the end of watching reds for me. all this talk about rebuilding. whatever...

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys ready for another craptastic season of Reds baseball?

I won't watch a single game. I just don't give a fuck about those losers anymore. I doubt I'll watch a Bengals game, either. What's the point?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from Joey Votto, I'm not sure I could name more than 1 or 2 guys on the team.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from Joey Votto, I'm not sure I could name more than 1 or 2 guys on the team.

Joey Votto used to be a, "who the hell is this guy?", also.

We are going to suck, but I like the direction we are going. I think we have a lot of young talent on the cusp. Maybe one more not so good to average season next year, and then I think we can start winning again as long as 3 of these young pitchers really come around. Here we come 2019!! :)

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey Votto used to be a, "who the hell is this guy?", also.

We are going to suck, but I like the direction we are going. I think we have a lot of young talent on the cusp. Maybe one more not so good to average season next year, and then I think we can start winning again as long as 3 of these young pitchers really come around. Here we come 2019!! :)

I'll keep an open mind..... I'm happy the days of Jockety and some of the overpriced bums are gone.