• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recruiting Recent History

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems to be a common excuse for striking out and not having a plan B, if I had to guess I'd say they weren't Saving ships for next years small class
We could have taken both Onyemaobi and Tony Wallace and we didn't. Not sure where you're getting the whole "not having a plan B" thing, the only position group that would make sense is DL and we didn't strike out there, our guys came through. We have a solid foundation set already for 2018 with a ton of connections with highly rated players. If we couldn't find someone who could come in and contribute right away (Lewis, Lenoir, Johnson), it makes more sense to wait and not get a couple more borderline guys on a guaranteed 4 year scholarship.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could have taken both Onyemaobi and Tony Wallace and we didn't. Not sure where you're getting the whole "not having a plan B" thing, the only position group that would make sense is DL and we didn't strike out there, our guys came through. We have a solid foundation set already for 2018 with a ton of connections with highly rated players. If we couldn't find someone who could come in and contribute right away (Lewis, Lenoir, Johnson), it makes more sense to wait and not get a couple more borderline guys on a guaranteed 4 year scholarship.
I'm bitching in general, not saying I don't like this class, not saying the 18 class won't be good, not saying we should load up on scrubs like Bo did every year and he still came up short, however we could have signed up to 5 more but didn't for whatever reason, and I don't like that

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm bitching in general, not saying I don't like this class, not saying the 18 class won't be good, not saying we should load up on scrubs like Bo did every year and he still came up short, however we could have signed up to 5 more but didn't for whatever reason, and I don't like that
Guaranteed scholarships make this a risky proposition. If someone doesn't pan out, you have to convince them to leave on their own.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems to be a common excuse for striking out and not having a plan B, if I had to guess I'd say they weren't Saving ships for next years small class

From what I've heard, Riley and Donte Williams decided they liked their depth this year and Donte was confident in some of the elite CB and S prospects they were in on for 2018 so they decided to not take Michael O or Tony Wallace just to fill the class. It's a bold strategy for 2018 and puts a lot of pressure on landing a guy like Bookie and a few others that are fairly elite talents. Mario Goodrich from St. Louis is another one that we have an excellent shot at.

There's no way to tell if the strategy pays off until signing day in 2018

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've heard, Riley and Donte Williams decided they liked their depth this year and Donte was confident in some of the elite CB and S prospects they were in on for 2018 so they decided to not take Michael O or Tony Wallace just to fill the class. It's a bold strategy for 2018 and puts a lot of pressure on landing a guy like Bookie and a few others that are fairly elite talents. Mario Goodrich from St. Louis is another one that we have an excellent shot at.

There's no way to tell if the strategy pays off until signing day in 2018
Or if we happen to land a good late qualifying juco or grad transfer.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or if we happen to land a good late qualifying juco or grad transfer.

yes, think we're looking DL on that front... but I wouldn't expect more than one transfer if that.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this seemed like a decent place for this:

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
80 is the number I say they open camp with, but that Sr OL makes it all worth it tho amirite

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
80 is the number I say they open camp with, but that Sr OL makes it all worth it tho amirite

80 would be a good guess would make 2018 an 18+3 class or a max of 21