• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recruiting Rankings 2012

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DGB's recruiting has been really confusing. I change my bet though, money is on Missouri, and Diggs to UF.

Dalvin Tomlinson and Koren Kirven to Bama tomorrow. ;)

Welcome to the smart money table. It only took you guys a few weeks

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diggs is announcing on Feb. 10, I believe.

As far as Kirven to Bama...only twitter is saying that. All of my sources are saying VT.

Honestly, I think he's headed to VT also, but it would be nice to get him.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what was this "big splash" Nebraska was supposed to be making today???

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what happened, Brasky? Did NU even have a top 25 class? Hmmm, maybe I should look it up. I postulated last year that they'd lose most of their Texas recruits when they left the Big 12, I'm curious to see how that worked out.....

EDIT: Looks like I was right......2 Texas commits, both 3 stars......

Last edited by a moderator:

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma got everyone they wanted minus DGB but nobody was really counting on him. I'm just glad we got Garnder which should put OU at #1 on wr.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma got everyone they wanted minus DGB but nobody was really counting on him. I'm just glad we got Garnder which should put OU at #1 on wr.

So you're honestly going to tell us you're happy with this OU class? REALLY?

WRs weren't your problem last year. RB and DB, DL were the holes you needed to fill. I'm not sure you got any impact players in those areas, I'll need to look it up. But overall it looks like a very lackluster class, like Texas' 2007 class.

And it looks like you guys really have fallen off the map recruiting Texas. Is Stoops just focusing on other states? What happened???

WoodyHayes1951

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Urban know what he's doing.

They turned 4* Davonte Neal down today just so they could hold out for Stefon Diggs to fill the last spot.

Must feel pretty good about our chances then

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're honestly going to tell us you're happy with this OU class? REALLY?

WRs weren't your problem last year. RB and DB, DL were the holes you needed to fill. I'm not sure you got any impact players in those areas, I'll need to look it up. But overall it looks like a very lackluster class, like Texas' 2007 class.

And it looks like you guys really have fallen off the map recruiting Texas. Is Stoops just focusing on other states? What happened???

Stoops has recruited a lot more National the last few years. Most of the best players have come from other States. Demarco Murray(Nevada), Tony Jefferson and Kenny Stills(Cali.), Roy Finch(Florida), Landry Jones(NM).

You just need to look at your school to see how watered down Texas high school recruits have become.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoops has recruited a lot more National the last few years. Most of the best players have come from other States. Demarco Murray(Nevada), Tony Jefferson and Kenny Stills(Cali.), Roy Finch(Florida), Landry Jones(NM).

You just need to look at your school to see how watered down Texas high school recruits have become.

Texas recruits haven't been watered down.....you just have to select the right ones. Andrew Luck and RG3 say hi

Still not buying into your class. It's simply not very good. Not sure what Stoops' strategy is here. Several schools had some uncharacteristically off classes, just rounding out a weird 2011/early 2012.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas recruits haven't been watered down.....you just have to select the right ones. Andrew Luck and RG3 say hi

Still not buying into your class. It's simply not very good. Not sure what Stoops' strategy is here. Several schools had some uncharacteristically off classes, just rounding out a weird 2011/early 2012.

Star, I'd agree with you that Oklahoma's class doesn't appear at first to measure up to "OU standards" but, from a couple of conversations I have had, the coaching staff is quite satisfied behind the scenes so I'll let that calm my initial concerns. The thing is, most OU fans are just like me: we'd gladly trade a Top 5 class for getting rid of Venables. Love him or hate him, Mike Stoops will make the defense meat eaters again. And Stoops' firing a coach for the first damn time really sent a message to everyone.......his staff, his team, his AD and especially the fans. Stoops has fallen so far below the winning tradition of Bud Wilkinson and Barry Switzer that he's got to kick it up a big notch quickly or he's always going to be known more for his big losses than his wins. Everything's good in Norman. Now if we can just get Landry Jones to toughen up mentally and the running backs to step up and the defense to grow a pair and ..................

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star, I'd agree with you that Oklahoma's class doesn't appear at first to measure up to "OU standards" but, from a couple of conversations I have had, the coaching staff is quite satisfied behind the scenes so I'll let that calm my initial concerns. The thing is, most OU fans are just like me: we'd gladly trade a Top 5 class for getting rid of Venables. Love him or hate him, Mike Stoops will make the defense meat eaters again. And Stoops' firing a coach for the first damn time really sent a message to everyone.......his staff, his team, his AD and especially the fans. Stoops has fallen so far below the winning tradition of Bud Wilkinson and Barry Switzer that he's got to kick it up a big notch quickly or he's always going to be known more for his big losses than his wins. Everything's good in Norman. Now if we can just get Landry Jones to toughen up mentally and the running backs to step up and the defense to grow a pair and ..................

I agree, getting rid of venebles was HUGE. But we Texas fans made these same statements about our 2007 class, and that entire class nearly busted. We'll see if you guys can coach em up, but on paper, it was a lackluster class. ESPECIALLY the lack of recruiting Texas, which has been your bread and butter. Not sure if that's really wise leaving the girl that brung ya to the dance......but we'll see how it works out.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree, getting rid of venebles was HUGE. But we Texas fans made these same statements about our 2007 class, and that entire class nearly busted. We'll see if you guys can coach em up, but on paper, it was a lackluster class. ESPECIALLY the lack of recruiting Texas, which has been your bread and butter. Not sure if that's really wise leaving the girl that brung ya to the dance......but we'll see how it works out.

I would rather we get a bunch of kids that want to prove they belong on the field than a bunch that thinks they deserve to be on the field. Stoops and his brother can coach them up, it's already been proven once. They just needed to get the fire back, and I hope the off season moves means they have done just that. OU will be fine, I can feel it in my bones.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruiting - defensive units

Best defensive units...

Best recruiting defensive units - ESPN Video - ESPN

Defensive line:
1. FSU
2. Ohio St
3. Texas
4. Florida
5. Georgia

Linebackers:
1. Alabama
2. LSU
3. Texas
4. Michigan
5. Miami

Defensive Backs:
1. Alabama
2. Miami
3. Florida
4. Florida St
5. Washington

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best defensive units...

Best recruiting defensive units - ESPN Video - ESPN

Defensive line:
1. FSU
2. Ohio St
3. Texas
4. Florida
5. Georgia

Linebackers:
1. Alabama
2. LSU
3. Texas
4. Michigan
5. Miami

Defensive Backs:
1. Alabama
2. Miami
3. Florida
4. Florida St
5. Washington

I'm going on record right now and telling you Texas will be top 3 in the defensive secondary in the nation. I think our secondary is better than our LB core, we were pretty good last year and we had 2 freshmen starting. Texas has been DBU for pretty much the last decade or so.