• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recruiting: Fall Big Board (Offense)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season is about to go full swing and Nebraska has 11 commits going into the 2013 season. With the recent departures of Ernest Suttles, Thomas Brown and Mike Marrow it would seem that the class got even bigger over the last month, moving from 20-21 possible signees to 23-25. I've put together two Big Boards going into the season, things change on a regular basis but this is what I see as of now. (also, I will be using 247Sports star ratings, supplementing Rivals, Scout, and ESPN when I can.)

Offensive Commits - I'll start with what we DO have on board. Of the 11 current commits, 7 are on the offensive side of the ball. Here they are:

Tanner Farmer: 4-Star OG (3-Star Rivals and Scout and ESPN)
Monte Harrison: 3-Star WR (4-Star Rivals and ESPN)
Zack Darlington: 3-Star QB (4-Star ESPN)
D.J. Foster: 3-Star OG (4-Star ESPN)
Larenzo Stewart: 3-Star RB (2-Star Rivals and Scout)
Freedom Akinmoladun: 3-Star TE (2-Star Scout)
Demornay Pierson-El: 3-Star WR

Needs going into Season - OT, C, RB

OT

Brian Wallace: 4-Star (3-Star Scout and Rivals) [Saint Louis, MO]- Wallace has been at the top of Nebraska's list since January and continues to be there now. He visited for Nebraska's early junior day and has thought highly of Nebraska since then. We are in his top five but there is definitely work to do. The real goal should be to get him into town for a game and take it from there. This will be a long process but Nebraska is squarly in the mix with this one and should be until the end. Other Teams Interested: Ohio State, Iowa, Alabama, Arkanasas

Frank Ragnow: 3-Star [Chanhassen, MN]- Ragnow is a known quantity from a state that isn't used to producing known quantities. When you are from Minnesota and you have offers from Florida State, Arkansas and Florida you know you're good. Ragnow is a big body standing at 6'6" 290 lbs and has the frame to add 20-30 more pounds and keep his athleticism. He's been to Nebraska once and really liked it and should be visiting again this fall. Nebraska is a bit behind the homestate school and Florida State at this point but can make up significant ground with another visit. Other Teams: Florida, Florida State, Minnesota, Arkansas

Nick Gates: 4-Star (3-Star Rivals, Scout, ESPN)[Las Vegas, NV] - Gates is from Las Vegas powerhouse Bishop Gorman and made it to Nerbaska for Big Red Weekend along with two teamates, a DT that didn't get a Nebraska offer and Aliz'e Jones, the top TE in the country for the 2015 class. Gates had a fantastic time on his visit and loved it even moreso because Nebraska's coaches said he would get a shot at RT whereas most other schools want him at guard because of his 6'4" 270 lb fame. Gates is athletic and a mauler at the point of attack. Alabama is in on him and it seems that Nebraska will be fighting them and some regional schools for Gates' services. Other Teams: Alabama, Arizona, Arizona State

Names to watch: Layth Friekh, Brandon Bailey

C

Gary Brown: 3-Star [Tampa, FL] - An offensive guard by trade he would fit best as a center. Not sure how heavily Nebraska is pursuing but they are one of his best looking offers thus far.

RB

Madre London: 3-Star [Fort Lauderdale, FL] - Madre comes from a powerhouse program in Florida's St Thomas Aquinas and has the speed and size to be a very good player at the next level. London was not the full time starter last year so he's somewhat of an unknown. He's in line to start this year at one of the best programs in the country so he's already garnered multiple BCS level offers and if he has a solid senior campaign he could get more. London loves Nebraska and plans to visit this fall, rumor is he's already scheduled it, but with interest picking up from teams like Virginia he could be a tougher pull than many thought from the East Coast. Other teams: Virginia, Florida State, Michigan State, Wisconsin

Kalen Ballage: 4-Star (3-Star Rivals and ESPN) [Peyton, CO] - Ballage should be a house hold name by now. The speedster measures at 6'2" 215 lbs going into his senior year and has been clocked electronically at a 4.3 forty. Ballage is being recruited as an Athlete but he wants to play running back. Nebraska will take him and put him wherever they can use him. There's talk of RB, WR, TE, Safety or even LB. Michigan has long been thought to be the leader but Ballage loves the Huskers. He was going to make it to BRW but wild fires in Colorado kept him from coming. He's planning an official in the fall. Oregon is the team to watch here, if they offer it's most likely a done deal. An offer doesn't seem immenent though. Other Teams: Michigan, Boise State, Michigan State

Tyreek Hill: 4-Star JUCO [Garden City, KS] - Hill is the fastest recruit in the nation. With Olympic speed and elite wiggle he is one of the most highly coveted JUCO prospects in the nation. And he LOVES Tim Beck's offense. Nebraska needs to get him on campus to have a shot but the Huskers are in his top 4 and that bodes well, but it's going to be an uphill battle all the way. Don't get too excited until he visits. Other Teams: Alabama, Florida State, Oklahoma St.]

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you can see offense is close to being wrapped up... a few tackles and a RB and we should be done. I do think we will take all three of the RB (maybe could leave Madre out) possiblities due to their elite athleticism. Defense is where it's at right now.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great info Nuts, this is the first time for me reading anything about OT Wallace and C Brown

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great info Nuts, this is the first time for me reading anything about OT Wallace and C Brown

Basically just guessing with Brown... he's shown interest. Wallace is the real deal though, one of the best OTs in the nation IMO. If he was in Texas or Ohio he'd be rated much higher.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just happy we're not looking after a Juco LT this year, could this be a sign?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you can see offense is close to being wrapped up... a few tackles and a RB and we should be done. I do think we will take all three of the RB (maybe could leave Madre out) possiblities due to their elite athleticism. Defense is where it's at right now.

I am unimpressed with the amount of DB's we're in on thus far, are we to think the #1 rated secondary is worth nothing for rep?

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am unimpressed with the amount of DB's we're in on thus far, are we to think the #1 rated secondary is worth nothing for rep?

I'll have a thread on the D sometime soon... we're in on some good ones, but the margin for error more than slim.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gates seemed to love his visit to Lincoln from what I saw on twitter. I wonder how good of friends him and Alize Jones are. They'd be a great package deal.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyreek Hill WANT.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gates seemed to love his visit to Lincoln from what I saw on twitter. I wonder how good of friends him and Alize Jones are. They'd be a great package deal.

They seemed pretty close when they were here together. Same side of the ball, working along the OL. Not sure it will be enough to sway Aliz'e here, but it sure wouldn't hurt. By the way if we could snag Gates he would be the first Bishop Gorman alum to come to Nebraska since Dave Humm.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanner Farmer will be an All American

No doubt about it in my mind.

Darlington is a pretty good field leader.

The offense is fine for the next five years if this class signs.

With the young defense coming in this year, I am still predicting 2015 as the year Nebraska contends.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about it in my mind.

Darlington is a pretty good field leader.

The offense is fine for the next five years if this class signs.

With the young defense coming in this year, I am still predicting 2015 as the year Nebraska contends.

I agree '14,15 will be years Nebraska should make a big run easy schedule and offense and defense will both have experience