• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realistic prediction for the east to have a championship team.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not just positionless GMan. Its about having the right squad of players to manage any style, and, having great ISO players when needed.
You're preaching to the choir, LH.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I dive in, I want to say you make fair points overall and have a fair take.

1.) Last year's Rocket team was indeed very good. Especially in theory, but also in practice. I will say this, though: I hate their (over)reliance on ISO ball. It works for them and they have the players to execute it, but it will always limit them against the very best, IMO.

2.) Yes, injury played a role. But GS still had... what?... at least the top 4 guys on their roster healthy. So I'd be careful to overstate the injury card... I do really like Iggy in the modern game, though, so you have a point to some extent.

3.) Cousins is a wild card. In theory, it's wonderful... but we're talking a significant injury and we're talking Boogie. If he buys in and humbly plays a role and is healthy... no doubt, he's a fantastic addition. We really got to see how things play out with him, though... his history is full of hard-headed fool.

I agree.

I think people tend to understate the impact of Iggy for that particular matchup. I don't think he matters that much for anybody else.

As for Boogie, he can't afford for this not to work. He knows his payday hinges on him being able to fit into a winning culture and his health. It has nothing to do with his statline. We all know he can post dominant numbers. I just think Boogie can't afford to screw this up, so he won't.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. Over/Under, G. What you got?
Ok. I have them at about 60 wins which is 5 wins more than last year.
After some thought... I think your prediction is fair. I can't really muster too much energy to go against it in any way... nor do I particularly desire to.

I'm just not terribly focused on the regular season. I honestly hope the C's do have the "problems" that certain posters such as yourself point out... (too many players, too few minutes to around)... that way guys like Kyrie and Horford get more rest during the regular season which they could probably benefit from.

Whether the C's get 50ish wins or 60ish wins... the main 2 questions are:

1.) Can they reach the NBA finals?
2.) Can they beat GS once they get there?

Everything else is side issues.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After some thought... I think your prediction is fair. I can't really muster too much energy to go against it in any way... nor do I particularly desire to.

I'm just not terribly focused on the regular season. I honestly hope the C's do have the "problems" that certain posters such as yourself point out... (too many players, too few minutes to around)... that way guys like Kyrie and Horford get more rest during the regular season which they could probably benefit from.

1. Yes
2. No

You're welcome!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what the odds of Boston winning it all - but I do think they have the best chance of getting to the finals in the Eastern Conference. From there - the games still have to be played

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
barring major injuries they will have enough to get the number one or two seed. what we Celtics fans need is a healthy roster.

Its just that simple FlyerHawk. If we dont make it to the finals the year is a failure

That's fair. IMO, the East is a 2 or 3 team race, depending on which Kawhi shows up.

Personally I love that the Sixers and Celtics are toeing off against each other. My favorite time watching the NBA.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what the odds of Boston winning it all - but I do think they have the best chance of getting to the finals in the Eastern Conference. From there - the games still have to be played

I would agree with that. I think the Celtics are the favorites in the East to get to the finals. I would say that the Sixers aren't far behind.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with that. I think the Celtics are the favorites in the East to get to the finals. I would say that the Sixers aren't far behind.
Even with Leonard - I still think Boston's odd's would have been better. The Sixers are just not developed enough yet

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The regular season is a pretty strong indication of how good a team is.

The Celtics are going to be very good. They have the best coach in basketball today and a bunch of talent. But they are far from flawless. That was really my point to start as well as trying to explain that bring on Hayward and Kyrie isn't a guarantee that the Celtics will play better next year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Leonard - I still think Boston's odd's would have been better. The Sixers are just not developed enough yet

Entirely reasonable position.

The Sixers are an enigma right now. They could take a step back this year. They could win 60. So much ultimately depends on how much their young guys develop.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Entirely reasonable position.

The Sixers are an enigma right now. They could take a step back this year. They could win 60. So much ultimately depends on how much their young guys develop.
My experience is the young players are professional athletes, but they are still kids and they have to grow up - It takes a few years to develop the skill sets needed to win

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My experience is the young players are professional athletes, but they are still kids and they have to grow up - It takes a few years to develop the skill sets needed to win

Well they certainly aren't winning the title next year. But they most certainly have a great chance to get to the final.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they certainly aren't winning the title next year. But they most certainly have a great chance to get to the final.
I think in the Eastern Conference - All odds points to Boston as the greatest thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Sixers really dropped the ball this summer. If it is true that Markelle Fultz was the reason they didn't pull the trigger on a Kawhi trade, I have a feeling that will haunt you for years. Missed opportunity. Kawhi very likely would have resigned in Philly too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depending on the Kawhi situation I would put Toronto in 2nd, Philly is right there. It’s really all Toronto was missing, was a legit superstar. Kawhi has a lot around him in Toronto. Philly is still in the development phase imo. Still a contender but they dont have the veteran leadership these two teams have.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers really dropped the ball this summer. If it is true that Markelle Fultz was the reason they didn't pull the trigger on a Kawhi trade, I have a feeling that will haunt you for years. Missed opportunity. Kawhi very likely would have resigned in Philly too.

I would take Toronto over Philly now. Fultz is young but why would you not include him? Horrible decision to at least try to include him. Toronto got exactly what they needed, if they dont keep Kawhi at least they have a shot this year to contend in the East.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair. IMO, the East is a 2 or 3 team race, depending on which Kawhi shows up.

Personally I love that the Sixers and Celtics are toeing off against each other. My favorite time watching the NBA.

Not to mention Toronto has a brand new HC and most likely a new offense.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are trying to trade for Korver.....he'd give them a very nice shooter off the bench.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are trying to trade for Korver.....he'd give them a very nice shooter off the bench.

Cmon man.

Korver is not a difference maker.

They could have paired Kawhi with Embiid and Simmons. That could have become one of the best "Big3s" of all time.

Philly messed up.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon man.

Korver is not a difference maker.

They could have paired Kawhi with Embiid and Simmons. That could have become one of the best "Big3s" of all time.

Philly messed up.

The reports are that the Spurs demanded Embiid or Simmons. That's a non-starter.

Of course the reports could be bullshit.