• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realistic prediction for the east to have a championship team.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston could win it this season. The lost 3-4 in the Eastern Conference Finals without their best players. They are loaded and will breeze through the East this season and are better than all but Golden State. The Warriors will have to pound their way through the Western playoffs and the Celtics will have an easy path.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not unless they trade for Kawhi or GS has substantial injury issues. Not beating GS as is, with or without Kyrie and Hayward.

We have no way of knowing, we haven’t seen them healthy. GS is still the best but Boston can compete with anyone when healthy. They actually have way more depth than GS (could help in a long 7 game series) and they have the defense to play with GS.

GS could have very well not have been in the Finals last year. They are very beatable, injuries won’t help them much longer like it has in past years

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24 hours of free agency and apparently the entire league has been decided for the next 7 years.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24 hours of free agency and apparently the entire league has been decided for the next 7 years.
if the Sixers trade for Kawhi they could def win the title this year.

Boston could as well.

Golden State is only going to have all 4 guys for 2 more years max.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not unless they trade for Kawhi or GS has substantial injury issues. Not beating GS as is, with or without Kyrie and Hayward.

The Warriors are not invincible. They have momentary lapses and their turn it on, turn it off mentality does create problems. The case in point is that the Houston series, they completely went away from their identity based on what the opposition did. While it worked out at the end, it provided a blue print for how to at least draw the Warriors out of their rhythm.

Warriors are a favorite, but a healthy team like Boston provides a lot of matchup problems.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are not invincible. They have momentary lapses and their turn it on, turn it off mentality does create problems. The case in point is that the Houston series, they completely went away from their identity based on what the opposition did. While it worked out at the end, it provided a blue print for how to at least draw the Warriors out of their rhythm.

Warriors are a favorite, but a healthy team like Boston provides a lot of matchup problems.

I disagree. Time will tell on this.

Boston will be better next year. Just not by as much as people think.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care about the West.
The path to our finals goes through Boston, so that's all that matters right now.
If the Sixers cannot beat Boston, then no point in worrying about what comes out of the West...

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player want to go to teams with realistic chances at the NBA Finals. With LeBron now in the west, the team who looks the best in the East that plays in the finals every year will have the best shot at landing some studs.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston is 5-1 in Vegas.

Then again, Lakers are also 5-1.

Both insanely bad bets IMO.

Vegas probably hedging against Lakers landing Kahwi this year.

Boston should be more like 8-1. But 10-1 in the NBA is more like 30-1.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, the Warriors are pretty strong favorites to win it this year.

However, I give a healthy Celtics a better shot than some seem to want to.

But there are questions that will have to be answered for them.

Can Kyrie stay healthy? How does Hayward fit? How will some of the guys who stepped up respond when their minutes are reduced because Kyrie and Hayward are back? Was their run more a product of momentum than being that good?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Warriors lose Draymond.
You mean when he gets injured due to the fight between him and Boogie during practice?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C's have the defense to match up against Golden State... they should definitely be considered within the realm of "realistic chance"

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston could win it this season. The lost 3-4 in the Eastern Conference Finals without their best players. They are loaded and will breeze through the East this season and are better than all but Golden State. The Warriors will have to pound their way through the Western playoffs and the Celtics will have an easy path.

Warriors will have to pound their way through Western playoffs? Seriously? Sure they had a tough time w/ Rockets but who else in playoffs? Who in the West is going to be substantially better this season to the pt of being on par with Warriors?

Barring major injuries I have a hard time seeing GS having so hard a time where they either get eliminated or are beat up come Finals time. Sure they may very likely still have tough time w/ a team like the Rockets but should not wear them down too much.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors will have to pound their way through Western playoffs? Seriously? Sure they had a tough time w/ Rockets but who else in playoffs? Who in the West is going to be substantially better this season to the pt of being on par with Warriors?

Barring major injuries I have a hard time seeing GS having so hard a time where they either get eliminated or are beat up come Finals time. Sure they may very likely still have tough time w/ a team like the Rockets but should not wear them down too much.
Just saying that the Warriors will probably need more games to get there than the Celtics will. Don't get me wrong, my money is on the Warriors just like everyone else's, I can just see a chance of Boston winning.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Warriors lose Draymond.
itll be interesting.

Right when DRaymond is due to be resigned- Iggy's contract is up.

I think the Warriors have 2 more years- this year and next- and then something has to give.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying that the Warriors will probably need more games to get there than the Celtics will. Don't get me wrong, my money is on the Warriors just like everyone else's, I can just see a chance of Boston winning.

What do you want to bet that the Warriors don't require more games to get there than Boston?