• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Re-ranking the 2013 Recruiting Classes of the Big 12

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013 class looked good. Too bad that we had to start Shorts and Gibson was not ready and should have been given a redshirt. All the good players from that class are gone.

I wonder what the 2014 class and 2015 class will look like when they do this article next year? I bet they will not be graded as high.

Holgs contract really helped recruiting this year. We are down to 18 recruits and a #55 Scout ranking. Sill outdoing Kansas and Kansas State.

Speaking of Kansas, Charlie Weiss liked JC players also. We know how that worked out.

10. Kansas

2013 grade: C

2017 grade: F

i
Top signees: CB Dexter McDonald, P Trevor Pardula, S Cassius Sendish, S Isaiah Johnson, QB Montell Cozart

Former coach Charlie Weis signed a whopping 18 junior college recruits in 2013 and only seven actually panned out. The star of that group was DT Marquel Combs, ESPN's No. 3 ranked juco recruit, who left KU after a couple months and ended up at Southeastern Louisiana. Because Weis went all-in on the quick fix of juco recruiting, guess how many of his 26 signees in this class were still on the Jayhawks' roster this season? Four. This class is a big reason why rebuilding Kansas has taken a long time.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was Dana's contract extension announced?

And, this late a deal is supposed to help Dana's '17 recruiting class? Are you fucking joking?

The class is at 18 after the Miami kid listened to his momma and decommitted. The fact WVU had such a small class with so many JUCO's is a reflection of the damage done by Shane waiting until December '16 to get the deal done.

Somehow beating a bunch of unranked and sub .500 teams is needed as proof by our dumb fucking AD that Dana was worth keeping.